MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We finally won kids!! :Madonna041:

This was so unexpected and exciting. I hope aside from the actual music releases themselves (personally hoping for gorgeous gatefold vinyl releases with new inner artwork designs etc) we’ll get lots of proper polished content online as well. Like Mariah’s MC30 campaign, I hope ‘M40’ gives us sleek branding and videos and never seen before photos and M actually posting and reflecting on her back catalogue. It seems like they’re taking it seriously so I would hope so.

I think this would need to mean her Instagram account is at least part-managed by the label though. I just think her Instagram presence properly giving credit to these iconic albums and her showing herself engaging with them and being nostalgic and proud of them too would make such a difference to how people see her online. I know that’s not typically been her way of thinking… but hopefully this starts to change that.

Edited by TwistedRope (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Shoful said:

What else would expansive deluxe versions mean?

It's open to interpretation for now. But I really hope that this means deluxe versions with B-sides and outtakes (even if they have already leaked before, let them be officially released!) and not only with a few remixes that we all have already listened to.

13 minutes ago, karlafalves said:

It's open to interpretation for now. But I really hope that this means deluxe versions with B-sides and outtakes (even if they have already leaked before, let them be officially released!) and not only with a few remixes that we all have already listened to.

I really feel like they wouldn’t use the word “expansive” if it wasn’t unreleased songs that she specifically selects. But we’ll see! I’m very hopeful!

7 minutes ago, Shoful said:

I really feel like they wouldn’t use the word “expansive” if it wasn’t unreleased songs that she specifically selects. But we’ll see! I’m very hopeful!

Expansive could also mean the "useless" extended, instrumental and dub versions we got on the True Blue and Like a Prayer Spotify edition... I really wish they'll include demos and unreleased material, but also seeing that Madonna herself "will oversee" the releases, she might not want to put enough unreleased material (or at least not all) and hold off on many things, since she didn't put them in the album in the first place (if it were just Warner, they def would include all to make more $$)

1 hour ago, TwistedRope said:

We finally won kids!! :Madonna041:

This was so unexpected and exciting. I hope aside from the actual music releases themselves (personally hoping for gorgeous gatefold vinyl releases with new inner artwork designs etc) we’ll get lots of proper polished content online as well. Like Mariah’s MC30 campaign, I hope ‘M40’ gives us sleek branding and videos and never seen before photos and M actually posting and reflecting on her back catalogue. It seems like they’re taking it seriously so I would hope so.

I think this would need to mean her Instagram account is at least part-managed by the label though. I just think her Instagram presence properly giving credit to these iconic albums and her showing herself engaging with them and being nostalgic and proud of them too would make such a difference to how people see her online. I know that’s not typically been her way of thinking… but hopefully this starts to change that.

I need new coffee table books with unreleased photos and polaroids default_Madonna041.gif

Great news!

For me, the good thing, is that Warner is a big company and have money enough to make a good promotion. I'm sure they'll give a lot of money to Madonna for letting them do this so I'm sure they will work hard to get all that money back and win even more. 

I always thought that the problem with Madonna in the last years was not her work, it was that she didn't make a promotion big enough to make the whole world know about it. If you're not a fan and you're not looking for her it's easy not to know she performed in UK, or in Ellen, or the Brits or things like that. Now with Warner I'm sure that we'll see her in newspapers, magazines, on social media and music plataforms... I think this is a good step in the right direction and, knowing she's working in her biopic, I'm sure that she'll work hard with Warner to be in the spotlight as the queen of pop she is when the movie come out.

17 albums ?

1. Madonna
2. Like a Virgin
3. True Blue
4. Whos' that Girl
5. Like a Prayer
6. I'm Breathless
7. Immaculate Collection
8. Erotica
9. Bedtime stories
10. Ray of Light
11. Music
12. American Life
13. Confessions on a dance floor
14. Hard Candy
15. MDNA
16. Rebel Heart
17. Madame X

?

7 minutes ago, OceanBlue said:

17 albums ?

1. Madonna
2. Like a Virgin
3. True Blue
4. Whos' that Girl
5. Like a Prayer
6. I'm Breathless
7. Immaculate Collection
8. Erotica
9. Bedtime stories
10. Ray of Light
11. Music
12. American Life
14. Hard Candy
15. MDNA
16. Rebel Heart
17. Madame X

?

Nah, because then that's missing GHV2 / Celebration. Not sure how they're counting the number of albums.

7 minutes ago, OceanBlue said:

17 albums ?

1. Madonna
2. Like a Virgin
3. True Blue
4. Whos' that Girl
5. Like a Prayer
6. I'm Breathless
7. Immaculate Collection
8. Erotica
9. Bedtime stories
10. Ray of Light
11. Music
12. American Life
14. Hard Candy
15. MDNA
16. Rebel Heart
17. Madame X

?

Replacing Who’s The Girl with Celebration makes sense to me. Since WTG is a soundtrack. I’m Breathless technically isn’t. And TIC and Celebration are prob considered “albums” because they contain new songs where GHV2 didn’t. That’s my guess

• RUADJAI featured and pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic