Edit History

desperateK

desperateK

3 hours ago, stfan97 said:

I will believe it when I see it, but watch it be remixes for any bonus songs.

This is my biggest fear. I hope not, but I'm afraid we might be disappointed and get only previously released remixes as bonus tracks. Even if a serious Warner catalogue team is involved, even with Madonna and Oseary knowing perfectly which things have leaked in the last couple of decades and which have been talked about even longer than that (thinking about the Steve Bray article from 1999 confirming many outtakes that have never seen the light of day yet), I can't picture them really considering including unreleased material among the bonus tracks, when I think of their trajectory in this regard since... ever.

Though I really wish I am wrong because this is our only chance. If unreleased stuff isn't a central piece of a campaign like this, I guess it never will come out of the vaults. I wish she and her team would understand that it doesn't have to be anything ridiculously exhaustive (no need to have 5 different takes of the same song, as if her creative process was the same as The Beatles), but to throw in unreleased songs, studio outtakes with different arrangements or demos with each album is important for retrospectives like this, it's the key to make them relevant and definitive archives.

desperateK

desperateK

3 hours ago, stfan97 said:

I will believe it when I see it, but watch it be remixes for any bonus songs.

This is my biggest fear. I hope not, but I'm afraid we might be disappointed and get only previously released remixes as bonus tracks. Even if a serious Warner catalogue team is involved , even with Madonna and Oseary knowing perfectly which things have leaked in the last couple of decades and which have been talked about even longer than that (thinking about the Steve Bray article from 1999 confirming many outtakes that have never seen the light of day yet), I can't picture them really considering including unreleased material among the bonus tracks. Though I really wish I am wrong cause this is our only chance. If unreleased stuff isn't a central piece of a campaign like this, I guess it never will come out of the vaults. I wish she and her team would understand that it doesn't have to be anything ridiculously exhaustive (no need to have 5 different takes of the same song, as if her creative process was the same as The Beatles), but having a glimpse of unreleased songs, studio outtakes with different arrangements or demos with each album is important for retrospectives like this, the key to make them relevant and definitive archives.

Important Information

Terms of Use