Arsenio Hall "She's A Good Girl!"

She appeared three times on his show in the early 90's. Two were sit down interviews and the other she performed "Fever" and "The Lady Is A Tramp" with Anthony Keidis. Here's what Arsenio said recently about his interviews with her:

Here is her very first appearance right before she kicked off The Blond Ambition Tour and doing a bit of Dick Tracy promotion:http://youtu.be/iOwHJZtLgZ8

And here is she with Rosie promoting A League of Their Own. Daddy makes a surprise appearance:Part 1:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWktutqqFbcPart 2:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEyZ2hTGOyoPart 3:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIJdwuvbOWMPart 4:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kfaj2p8IDg

Finally her appearance/performances on Arsenio’s 1,000 Episode. Both performances are included.  And I had just noticed Rosie was in the background when Arsenio introduced her before Fever which she screwed up a line, but made light of it:http://youtu.be/-r8UFCLWpb0

lol It's been a long time since I've seen some of these. In fact, I'm not sure I've seen the first interview. I loved how she would throw back questions on him in that first interview. I wish more artists would do that when interviewers put them on the spot. Anyway, she's a hoot with Arsenio and vice versa. I can see why he holds her in high regards personally and for the interviews she did for him. So spicey! And I just love that "Fever" performance. So sexy and funny too when she messes up! Love Madonna's hair in the second interview. Thanks so much. Fun post!

lol It's been a long time since I've seen some of these. In fact, I'm not sure I've seen the first interview. I loved how she would throw back questions on him in that first interview. I wish more artists would do that when interviewers put them on the spot. Anyway, she's a hoot with Arsenio and vice versa. I can see why he holds her in high regards personally and for the interviews she did for him. So spicey! And I just love that "Fever" performance. So sexy and funny too when she messes up! Love Madonna's hair in the second interview. Thanks so much. Fun post!

Pft! And you say you've been a fan since 1986??  LOL!  :rebel:

Unfortunately at the time, I never knew when Madonna was going to be on TV. We also didn't have a satellite or cable. So, I didn't see much of Madonna on TV. Thank gawd for the internet now.

But these interviews were on local NETWORK channels.

Sorry, I know, I am bad. I still never knew she was on this show at the time. I was working two jobs and it was a busy time. I became a fan after the release of Papa Don't Preach, but, it took me a lot of years to catch up, buy, and collect the things I wanted, etc. It wasn't until the internet that I saw a lot of the interviews from the past such as these. Though the one interview I remember watching on TV was Madonna on David Letterman during the Sex era. 

Sorry, I know, I am bad. I still never knew she was on this show at the time. I was working two jobs and it was a busy time. I became a fan after the release of Papa Don't Preach, but, it took me a lot of years to catch up, buy, and collect the things I wanted, etc. It wasn't until the internet that I saw a lot of the interviews from the past such as these. Though the one interview I remember watching on TV was Madonna on David Letterman during the Sex era. 

You mean, after the SEX era. In fact, it was two years later. "I'll Remember" was gaining steam on radio and then she went on David's show and released the "F" bomb about 12 times. She seemed quite agitated at the time, and David looked like he had no idea what was going on. Though, I'm sure much of it was put on to just gain ratings.

Interesting thing is that "I'll Remember" did no suffer from that appearance. And she did get a lot of crap thrown at her from that appearance.

You mean, after the SEX era. In fact, it was two years later. "I'll Remember" was gaining steam on radio and then she went on David's show and released the "F" bomb about 12 times. She seemed quite agitated at the time, and David looked like he had no idea what was going on. Though, I'm sure much of it was put on to just gain ratings.

Interesting thing is that "I'll Remember" did no suffer from that appearance. And she did get a lot of crap thrown at her from that appearance.

Yep! That's the one! 

• 2 years later...

Great to catch the Arsenio Hall Show flashbacks w/ the irreplaceable Madonna. Personally always felt Hall was underrated @ a late night talk show host. Both Arsenio and Madonna had encomiastic chemistry in their give/take exchanges! Wow; impressed w/ Madonna's innate ability to audaciously bite back when Arsenio would attempt to thread needle into her personal life. Madonna and Rosie were a translucent pair in another Arsenio appearance; quite spunky, engaging cutely chatty.  Endearing to see her towards the conclusion of her second round w/ Arsenio w/ a guest appearance by her papa. Endearing indeed. 

With reference to celebrating Arsenio's 1,000th episode stupendously brilliant performances :owy:  :jamming:  :clapp: by Madonna w/ "Fever" @ well @ with RHCP Anthony Keidis "The Lady Is A Tramp." One of Madonna's indomitable trait's is her triple threat flair :Madonna003:  @ an entertainer extraordinaire. 

Checked out Arsenio's retrospective; wholeheartedly concur on his perspective on Madonna. She's a good girl. 

P.S. Recognize this an exclusive Madonna appreciation forum. However would be amiss not to type a respectful appreciation for another artistic great; who sadly has passed on :sis: . That person would be the unforgettable Grover Washington Jr; a gentle giant, a fine musician R.I.P. GW .