Edit History

50ft Queenie

50ft Queenie

8 hours ago, Prayer said:

Most underrated: "MDNA". Pure unfiltered Madonna, dance, revenge, pain and fun. All at once.

Most overrated: "True Blue". Sorry, I know it's an essential album and I like it but... there's something very "blockbuster" and "shiny" and "polished" about it. It doesn't have the edge the rest of her albums have. I think it's, by far, her safest album. "Live To Tell" was a huge risk, I'll give her that.

I would definitely not say True Blue was her safest record by any means. Papa Dont Preach and Live to Tell were both controversial tracks and she had radically reinvented an image and style that had made her so famous with Self Titled and Like a Virgin. Confessions has always been her safest album to me, especially coming off of Ray of Light, Music and American Life, all three  of which were experimental. I still love Confessions though, because it is basically dance floor perfection but it is not an innovative record  

50ft Queenie

50ft Queenie

8 hours ago, Prayer said:

Most underrated: "MDNA". Pure unfiltered Madonna, dance, revenge, pain and fun. All at once.

Most overrated: "True Blue". Sorry, I know it's an essential album and I like it but... there's something very "blockbuster" and "shiny" and "polished" about it. It doesn't have the edge the rest of her albums have. I think it's, by far, her safest album. "Live To Tell" was a huge risk, I'll give her that.

I would definitely not say True Blue was her safest record by any means. Papa Dont Preach and Live to Tell were both controversial tracks and she had radically reinvented an image and style that had made her so famous with Self Titled and Like a Virgin. Confessions has always been her safest album to me, especially coming off of Ray of Light and Music, both of which were experimental. I still love Confessions though, because it is basically dance floor perfection 

Important Information

Terms of Use