Edit History

Ch3rish

Ch3rish

13 minutes ago, androiduser said:

what you are forgetting is that a huge number of people are racist and won't support a black artist, something Madonna never had to deal with... everyone fights their battles that others didn't have to face.

This is a great point you made.  I think this is one reason Madonna has been very welcoming to use rap/hiphop/R&B artist and producers.  She's done that from day one!  It's strange to see fans object to her doing so.  I know a lot of her most popular songs have been dance oriented, but let's not forget even Erotica is very deep in R&B/Hip Hop/Rap.  Most fans love that album.  So it's weird for me to read/hear from some who have a problem with her working with current artists of the same genres.  Madonna is quite versatile.  She doesn't discriminate who she works with.  She's always leaned this direction most of her career.  Even Like A Prayer has R&B vibes.  It was the True Blue album that made her more about POP music, and some fans are stuck on that or the Ray of Light album, which is electronic/dance.  But even when she moved on to the MUSIC album, it wasn't the same genre as ROL.  When she moved on with Confessions, that was dance, but that was very different from what she's already done.

Ch3rish

Ch3rish

12 minutes ago, androiduser said:

what you are forgetting is that a huge number of people are racist and won't support a black artist, something Madonna never had to deal with... everyone fights their battles that others didn't have to face.

This is a great point you made.  I think this is one reason Madonna has been very welcoming to use rap/hiphop/R&B artist and producers.  She's done that from day one!  It's strange to see fans object to her doing so.  I know a lot of her most popular songs have been dance oriented, but let's not forget even Erotica is very deep in R&B/Hip Hop/Rap.  Most fans love that album.  So it's weird for me to read/hear from some who have a problem with her working with current artists of the same genres.  Madonna is quite versatile.  She doesn't discriminate who she works with.  She's always leaned this direction most of her career.  Even Like A Prayer has R&B vibes.  It was the True Blue album that made her more about POP music, and some fans are stuck on that or the Ray of Light album, which is electronic/dance.  But even when she moved on to the MUSIC album, it wasn't the same sort of genre she stuck with.

Ch3rish

Ch3rish

11 minutes ago, androiduser said:

This is a great point you made.  I think this is one reason Madonna has been very welcoming to use rap/hiphop/R&B artist and producers.  She's done that from day one!  It's strange to see fans object to her doing so.  I know a lot of her most popular songs have been dance oriented, but let's not forget even Erotica is very deep in R&B/Hip Hop/Rap.  Most fans love that album.  So it's weird for me to read/hear from some who have a problem with her working with current artists of the same genres, currently.  Madonna is quite versatile.  She doesn't discriminate who she works with.  She's always leaned this direction most of her career.  Even Like A Prayer has R&B vibes.  It was the True Blue album that made her more about POP music, and some fans are stuck on that or the Ray of Light album, which is electronic/dance.  But even when she moved on to the MUSIC album, it wasn't the same sort of genre she stuck with.

Ch3rish

Ch3rish

10 minutes ago, androiduser said:

This is a great point you made.  I think this is one reason Madonna has been very welcoming to use rap/hiphop/R&B artist and producers.  She's done that from day one!  It's strange to see fans object to her doing so.  I know a lot of her most popular songs have been dance oriented, but let's not forger even Erotica is very deep in R&B/Hip Hop/Rap.  Most fans love tha album.  So it's weird for me to read/hear from some who have a problem with her working with current artists of the same genres, currently.  Madonna is quite versatile.  She doesn't discriminate who she works with.  She's always leaned this direction most of her career.  Even Like A Prayer has R&B vibes.  It was the True Blue album that made her more about POP music, and some fans are stuck on that or the Ray of Light album, which is electronic/dance.  But even when she moved on to the MUSIC album, it wasn't the same sort of genre she stuck with.

Ch3rish

Ch3rish

1 minute ago, androiduser said:

This is a great point you made.  I think this is one reason Madonna is very welcome to use rap/hiphop/R&B artist and producers.  She's done that from day one!  It's strange to see fans object to her doing so.  I know a lot of her most popular songs have been dance oriented, but let's not forger even Erotica is very deep in R&B/Hip Hop/Rap.  Most fans love tha album.  So it's weird for me to read/hear from some who have a problem with her working with current artists of the same genres, currently.  Madonna is quite versatile.  She doesn't discriminate who she works with.  She's always leaned this direction most of her career.  Even Like A Prayer has R&B vibes.  It was the True Blue album that made her more about POP music, and some fans are stuck on that or the Ray of Light album, which is electronic/dance.  But even when she moved on to the MUSIC album, it wasn't the same sort of genre she stuck with.

Important Information

Terms of Use