Edit History

Donna

Donna

14 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Is she really using tiktok as a barometer for her legacy now then ? So if some tween creates a video to a song she really hates she’s going to use that as a promotional campaign . That’s really sad imo - as if tweens have any musical taste …

Tik Tok is just a current platform like MTV was back in the day.  Also, I'm not sure you understand who uses Tik Tok.  Tweens are youngsters younger than thirteen.  Most people I see on Tik Tok are far much older. Some in their 20's and 30's. In fact, there has been alot of push back on that platform because older people are using it.  Madonna isn't simply using TIK TOK "as a promotional campaign". If that was the case, she would have done a number of "promotional" videos for Material Girl, Angel, Papa Don't Preach which have been quite popular on TIK TOK.  Also, what gives you the idea that, "Back That Up To The Beat" is a song Madonna hates?  Especially since that song has been a demo since Rebel Heart?   You say "as if Tweens have any musical taste", but that's exactly the fan base she started with in the early 80's.  The fact is; music industry has been primarily youth oriented, so let's not act like or pretend why we don't understand why Madonna is still trying to appeal to a younger generation.  We need to remember, she can't just rely on old fans to carry on her legacy. She has to appeal to younger generations.  It may not be your cup of tea, but back in the 80's, Madonna wasn't the cup of tea for 50's, 60's and some 70's generation.

Donna

Donna

Is she really using tiktok as a barometer for her legacy now then ? So if some tween creates a video to a song she really hates she’s going to use that as a promotional campaign . That’s really sad imo - as if tweens have any musical taste …

Tik Tok is just a current platform like MTV was back in the day.  Also, I'm not sure you understand who uses Tik Tok.  Tween, are youngsters younger than thirteen.  Most people I see on Tik Tok are far much older. Some in their 20's and 30's. In fact, there has been alot of push back on that platform because older people are using it.  Madonna isn't simply using TIK TOK "as a promotional campaign". If that was the case, she would have done a number of "promotional" videos for Material Girl, Angel, Papa Don't Preach which have been quite popular on TIK TOK.  Also, what gives you the idea that, "Back That Up To The Beat" is a song Madonna hates?  Especially since that song has been a demo since Rebel Heart?   You say "as if Tweens have any musical taste", but that's exactly the fan base she started with in the early 80's.  The fact is; music industry has been primarily youth oriented, so let's not act like or pretend why we don't understand why Madonna is still trying to appeal to a younger generation.  We need to remember, she can't just rely on old fans to carry on her legacy. She has to appeal to younger generations.  It may not be your cup of tea, but back in the 80's, Madonna wasn't the cup of tea for 50's, 60's and some 70's generation.

Donna

Donna

Tik Tok is just a current platform like MTV was back in the day.  Also, I'm not sure you understand who uses Tik Tok.  Tween, are youngsters younger than thirteen, most people I see on Tik Tok are far much older. Some in their 20's and 30's. In fact, there has been alot of push back on that platform because older people are using it.  Madonna isn't simply using TIK TOK "as a promotional campaign". If that was the case, she would have done a number of "promotional" videos for Material Girl, Angel, Papa Don't Preach which have been quite popular on TIK TOK.  Also, what gives you the idea that, "Back That Up To The Beat" is a song Madonna hates?  Especially since that song has been a demo since Rebel Heart?   You say "as if Tweens have any musical taste", but that's exactly the fan base she started with in the early 80's.  The fact is; music industry has been primarily youth oriented, so let's not act like or pretend why we don't understand why Madonna is still trying to appeal to a younger generation.  We need to remember, she can't just rely on old fans to carry on her legacy. She has to appeal to younger generations.  It may not be your cup of tea, but back in the 80's, Madonna wasn't the cup of tea for 50's, 60's and some 70's generation.

Donna

Donna

C'mon, you can't be that dense?  Tik Tok is just a current platform like MTV was back in the day.  Also, I'm not sure you understand who uses Tik Tok.  Tween, are youngsters younger than thirteen, most people I see on Tik Tok are far much older. Some in their 20's and 30's. In fact, there has been alot of push back on that platform because older people are using it.  Madonna isn't simply using TIK TOK "as a promotional campaign". If that was the case, she would have done a number of "promotional" videos for Material Girl, Angel, Papa Don't Preach which have been quite popular on TIK TOK.  Also, what gives you the idea that, "Back That Up To The Beat" is a song Madonna hates?  Especially since that song has been a demo since Rebel Heart?   You say "as if Tweens have any musical taste", but that's exactly the fan base she started with in the early 80's.  The fact is; music industry has been primarily youth oriented, so let's not act like or pretend why we don't understand why Madonna is still trying to appeal to a younger generation.  We need to remember, she can't just rely on old fans to carry on her legacy. She has to appeal to younger generations.  It may not be your cup of tea, but back in the 80's, Madonna wasn't the cup of tea for 50's, 60's and some 70's generation.

Donna

Donna

C'mon, you can't be that dense?  Tik Tok is just a current platform like MTV was back in the day.  Also, I'm not sure you understand who uses Tik Tok.  Tween, are youngsters younger than thirteen, most people I see on Tik Tok are far much older. Some in their 20's and 30's. In fact, there has been alot of push back on that platform because older people are using it.  She isn't simply using anything from TIK TOK from promotion because if that was the case, she would have done a number of "promotional" videos for Material Girl, Angel, Papa Don't Preach which have been quite popular on TIK TOK.  You say "as if Tweens have any musical taste", but that's exactly the fan base she started with in the early 80's.  The fact is; music industry has been primarily youth oriented, so let's not act like or pretend why we don't understand why Madonna is still trying to appeal to a younger generation.  We need to remember, she can't just rely on old fans to carry on her legacy. She has to appeal to younger generations.  It may not be your cup of tea, but back in the 80's, Madonna wasn't the cup of tea for 50's, 60's and some 70's generation.

Important Information

Terms of Use