The Official M new Music SPECULATION thread πŸ‘‘

nikolica

Loving this websites new look

Sorry been away a while had horrific news I'm still trying to manage my way throughΒ 

So.....we have had Ariana, Bey, Taylor and now Dua all releasing very flat albums in a rowΒ 

Like....I tried to give the new Dua a listen and it feels very samey to her previous two like I don't get it ?! Like when Katy Perry released prism vibe ...it's enjoyable but such a weak follow up sadly imoΒ 

What's up with pop music releases this year ?!Β 

13 hours ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

Loving this websites new look

Sorry been away a while had horrific news I'm still trying to manage my way throughΒ 

So.....we have had Ariana, Bey, Taylor and now Dua all releasing very flat albums in a rowΒ 

Like....I tried to give the new Dua a listen and it feels very samey to her previous two like I don't get it ?! Like when Katy Perry released prism vibe ...it's enjoyable but such a weak follow up sadly imoΒ 

What's up with pop music releases this year ?!Β 

I know what you mean. They're all, like, mildly good. But not amazing. So far the last few years have been better than 2024's output.

8 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I know what you mean. They're all, like, mildly good. But not amazing. So far the last few years have been better than 2024's output.

I think about all the MAJOR POP years since 2010 like we had 2011- BORN THIS WAY, 21, TEENAGE DREAM, FEMME FATALE, APHRODITE, TALK THAT TALK/UNAPOLOGETIC, 4, start of MDNA hypeΒ 

2013- MDNA TOUR DVD, ARTPOP, BEYONCE VISUAL ALBUM, PRISM, BANGERZ, RED

2015/16- REBEL HEART, EMOTIONS, 1989, LEMONADE, ANTI, GLORY, JOANNE, 25, DEAD PETZ, GOLDEN

2019/2020- MADAME X, CHROMATICA, FUTURE NOSTALGIA, SMILE, FOLKLORE, THANK U NEXT, WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP WHERE DO WE GO, PLASTIC HEARTS, DISCO

to name a few like these eras felt huge ....now listening to it yes it's all a bit 6 or 7 out of ten ...that'll do pop very disappointing like either they're a bit too tied to concepts to be freeing or they're too loose and put together it's guttingΒ 

Β 

15 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

Β 

to name a few like these eras felt huge ....now listening to it yes it's all a bit 6 or 7 out of ten ...that'll do pop very disappointing like either they're a bit too tied to concepts to be freeing or they're too loose and put together it's guttingΒ 

Β 

One thing I think I'm noticing is that a lot of women in pop are getting comfortable working with their same few collaborators, who also become their friends. And then they don't want to make themselves uncomfortable by having to work with new collaborators and open their souls to new people in the business. And they also don't want to hurt their friends' feelings by not hiring them for the new album. So they keep working with the same people and their albums are starting to sound stale. Ariana was one of the first culprits of that with her positions album.Β 

4 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

One thing I think I'm noticing is that a lot of women in pop are getting comfortable working with their same few collaborators, who also become their friends. And then they don't want to make themselves uncomfortable by having to work with new collaborators and open their souls to new people in the business. And they also don't want to hurt their friends' feelings by not hiring them for the new album. So they keep working with the same people and their albums are starting to sound stale. Ariana was one of the first culprits of that with her positions album.Β 

Oh I know it's a sad state to be in sadly and I'd hate for Madonna to just be safe I doubt it though I think she will assemble something defining next upΒ 

8 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I too feel that Madonna doesn't care who hears what she's got to say she airs it and works with a team for each era to bring it all to life ....like whilst some may dream she should've stuck with Pat Leonard and Stephen Bray forever ....that would've also got over familiar too ...whereas Taylor and Antonoff seem to be stuck together for most part and it showsΒ 

So I think hopefully she will I deed expand with different people to air what she needs to air ....she will have a LOT to say on this next album ....being reflective, health scares, family support, pandemic, fragmented world, discourse, cancel culture, LGBTQ rights, diversity and also getting very reflective Rebel Heart was the first time she intentionally referenced her legacy back then ....so now it makes even more sense to do itΒ 

It would stand out for the right reasons if done and marketed rightΒ 

5 hours ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

Β 

So I think hopefully she will I deed expand with different people to air what she needs to air ....she will have a LOT to say on this next album .

It would stand out for the right reasons if done and marketed rightΒ 

I agree, she has much to discuss and I hope she does so intelligently and movingly. I have full faith in her to do so.

10 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I agree, she has much to discuss and I hope she does so intelligently and movingly. I have full faith in her to do so.

Agreed I mean Rebel Heart then even moreso Madame X was a prophecy of where we are headed and scarily where we now areΒ 

So the next album I do think will delve into that and could be something very special for sure with the right team behind her and aesthetics and promo style it could honestly be a great era for her going from Celebration to the next album era it would be the pop version of what Bowie did with The Next Day and Black Star in his sixtiesΒ 

6 hours ago, stefo said:

Definitely, I hope she will go deep and even dark (even if Black Star, wich is a masterpiece imo, was really a lot in terms of darkness, I'm still hardly able to listen to it entirelyΒ :cry:).Β 

Oh absolutely it is a strong listen but yeah with a world in full chaos I hope especially after her Rip crowd being on BBC news offer here looking incredible 1,5 million audience so inspiring I feel emotional that she did it! Oh my days

Hopefully it will inspire her to get a new album out thereΒ 

18 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Agreed I mean Rebel Heart then even moreso Madame X was a prophecy of where we are headed and scarily where we now areΒ 

So the next album I do think will delve into that and could be something very special for sure with the right team behind her and aesthetics and promo style it could honestly be a great era for her going from Celebration to the next album era it would be the pop version of what Bowie did with The Next Day and Black Star in his sixtiesΒ 

On 5/6/2024 at 4:00 AM, Joseebus said:

She definitely has another masterpiece in her album-wise. She just needs the right pair of hands to collaborate with and keep her focused and creatively stimulated. I agree that there is SO MUCH she can say at this stage of her life.

That's right I think when she's ready to put it out there the world will be ready the media showcasing the spectacle of the RIO concert is sublime to see and I hope she can channel that positivity into a new eraΒ 

With new Taylor, Ariana, Beyonce and Dua now all releasing very beige albums this year I feel we need that pop veteran energy out there soon to showcase something different ...we all know she can deliverΒ