How to watch Celebration in Rio

10 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Is it on the 3rd or the fourth? The advertisements say the 4th. but the Globo schedule says the 3rd???

Definitely scheduled for 21:45 PM on Saturday the 4th of May in Rio (BRT timezone).

Which works out to be 1:45 AM on Sunday the 5th of May for me in the UK (BST timezone).

screencapture-redeglobo-globo-rio-programacao-240504.png

8 hours ago, rga98 said:

I signed up with Google (cause the other option asked me to scan a QR code to download the app which is unavailable here) and it's asking me to pay. I'm stuck there

Can you try using this link here (from my original post) on a desktop or laptop browser like Google Chrome? It should allow you to sign up for a free Globoplay account to gain access to TV Globo without any issue.

This is the first screen you should see:

screencapture-authx-globoid-globo-6888-login-2024-05-02-08_10_37.thumb.png.c4fb4fd3c6785ac360e4b0daf84f3bab.png

Then when you click the 'Create an account' hyperlink towards the bottom of the page, this should be the next page:

screencapture-login-globo-cadastro-6888-2024-05-02-08_11_17.thumb.png.d45e3fde819148d7a559c9c6edb6c899.png

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

That Globoplay link just gives me a blank gray screen. Like, the Globo logo appears for a sec and looks like it's loading, but then the screen is just gray and empty. I even registered for an account and have my VPN set to Brazil :lord:

What browser are you using, and do you have browser extensions installed or run any browser scripts?

I don't experience this issue in Google Chrome unless I have all my browser extensions and scripts enabled and running (I use/run a LOT for work reasons). Ad-blocking extensions or ad-blocking scripts in particular can really mess things up. If I have all of them disabled in incognito mode and use an incognito window to access TV Globo I have zero issues.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, the only other thing I've noticed is that sometimes choosing to translate the page can fuck with it and cause loading issues. This is only really overcome by not letting your browser translate the page at all, not letting your browser translate the page until it's fully loaded, or by letting it do its thing and refreshing a few times.

Edited by honestlyhlf (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

So forgive my ignorance on these things.  I'm in Seattle and I got the Globoplay app and it plays free content (I haven't gotten a paid subscription). I just used my Google account to get set up.  The Celebration Tour isn't showing up, though.  So does that mean I need a VPN to connect to Brazilian servers to see the show?

Edited by GarionOrb
Clarification (see edit history)

1 minute ago, GarionOrb said:

So forgive my ignorance on these things.  I'm in Seattle and I got the Globoplay app and it plays free content (I haven't subscribed). I just used my Google account to get set up.  The Celebration Tour isn't showing up, though.  So does that mean I need a VPN to connect to Brazilian servers to see the show?

Yes its that, without a vpn into Brazil it doesn't show up.

1 hour ago, GarionOrb said:

So forgive my ignorance on these things.  I'm in Seattle and I got the Globoplay app and it plays free content (I haven't gotten a paid subscription). I just used my Google account to get set up.  The Celebration Tour isn't showing up, though.  So does that mean I need a VPN to connect to Brazilian servers to see the show?

If you're able to view/watch the TV Globo channel via the Globoplay app without a VPN, you should be good to go based on the information provided about the broadcast so far.

When you say 'The Celebration Tour isn't showing up though', what exactly do you mean by that? Isn't showing up where? The broadcast is currently scheduled to begin on TV Globo at 21:45 PM (BRT) on Saturday 4th May. 

14 hours ago, sara94 said:

You have to skip the phone no and google "forgot password globo.com". There you can change your password and it should work then to log in. Your VPN must be set to brazil and activated while signing up and login in.

Everything works on WEB for me, just GloboPlay app is not available in Lithuanian region. 

In the UK - I have the Globo app with free account. There is a list of ‘live channels’ and only one of them seems to work with the free version - CBN. 

Do I need a VPN to even see the Globo TV channel as an option? Is that the name of the channel which will broadcast the show?

thanks for any help 🤗

4 hours ago, honestlyhlf said:

What browser are you using, and do you have browser extensions installed or run any browser scripts?

I don't experience this issue in Google Chrome unless I have all my browser extensions and scripts enabled and running (I use/run a LOT for work reasons). Ad-blocking extensions or ad-blocking scripts in particular can really mess things up. If I have all of them disabled in incognito mode and use an incognito window to access TV Globo I have zero issues.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, the only other thing I've noticed is that sometimes choosing to translate the page can fuck with it and cause loading issues. This is only really overcome by not letting your browser translate the page at all, not letting your browser translate the page until it's fully loaded, or by letting it do its thing and refreshing a few times.

Ah, I tried in Incognito mode and I can see selections now! Thank you for the tip. Hopefully I'll be able to manage from here at the time of the broadcast.

10 hours ago, Kieran said:

In the UK - I have the Globo app with free account. There is a list of ‘live channels’ and only one of them seems to work with the free version - CBN. 

Do I need a VPN to even see the Globo TV channel as an option? Is that the name of the channel which will broadcast the show?

thanks for any help 🤗

Unfortunately I don't see any listing for CBN - I only see it in the programme listings for Multishow (a paid-for channel) and TV Globo (a free channel):

image.thumb.png.ad31c0fb779b7b70e6ed6f42449a17f6.png

Being completely honest with you, I'm not your girl for diagnosing/figuring out the Globoplay app. I did just have a quick look at the app on my phone for you (I'm also in the UK), and even when I'm logged in and have my VPN set to Brazil, I can't watch TV Globo. It might just be that my phone settings and/or app store settings need adjusting to Brazil too, but I don't particularly want to mess with that because I can see myself forgetting to switch it all back and then not getting up for work tomorrow. Hopefully someone else can help confirm for you.

I found getting set up on my laptop (via web browser and VPN, as per the featured post) a lot more straightforward.

On 5/2/2024 at 3:54 PM, Pedro Beltran said:

@honestlyhlfare you going to broadcast the show? 

I still want to run another test with a couple of friends tomorrow, but in theory, yes*.

*With the caveat that nobody watching along with me gets mad if there are technical issues. I don't usually have any issue hosting various watch parties for friends across the globe, BUT I can't be certain how everything (the Brazilian servers I'll connect to AND Globoplay) is going to cope/hold up on the night with Lord knows how many of us connecting to/using them.

6 minutes ago, honestlyhlf said:

I still want to run another test with a couple of friends tomorrow, but in theory, yes to both*.

*With the caveat that nobody gets mad at me if there are technical issues from me essentially restreaming a livestream. I don't usually have any issue hosting various watch parties for friends across the globe, BUT I can't be certain how everything (the Brazilian servers I'll connect to AND Globoplay) is going to cope/hold up on the night with Lord knows how many of us connecting to/using them.

We promise dear ❤️

No Angry Jim Henson GIF by Muppet Wikithis time 

Why is it Thursday and yet no banner or such about the live broadcast on the Globoplay landing page?  I would think they would have whored this out all week before the broadcast?  Even when I do a search for the broadcast nothing comes up when I access the Desktop version of https://globoplay.globo.com/

@honestlyhlfam I missing something?

1 minute ago, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

Once you are logged into Globo how do you set it to English?

I don't think there is an option.  But Google sometimes can set certain pages for you, but I don't know how to do it manually, as many times, I get a pop up box that asks me if want Google to translate the page for me.

• Enrico unfeatured and locked this topic