Edit History

Renato Iodice

Renato Iodice

2 hours ago, MPowered said:

Speaking of overrated… :Madonna003: Like a Virgin and pretty much everything on it is only celebrated by journalists who didn’t bother enough to dig deeper into her discography and only remember Madonnamania.

Frozen and its Renaissance are a testament to Ray of Light's impact. It’s the ONE album you can even expect to see in a straight guys' CD collection. That along with Like a Prayer and maybe even COADF if they're slightly fruity.

Like a Prayer, Ray of Light and COADF are the three albums that were CRITICALLY and COMMERCIALLY acclaimed. These three albums pretty much ushered in all three of Madonna's ultimate career peaks: 1990, 1998/9, 2005/6. By the time Ray of Light came out, the GP seemed to have entirely forgotten and forgiven her for Erotica/SEX. Same with COADF and American Life. There is a reason two of these are the poll winners.

"Overrated" doesn't mean "bad", and I'm not pretending to ignore Ray of Light's critical and commercial success that paved the road for Music and Confessions.

Ray of Light a very good album, but I don't think that, outside its fanbase, it will ever be her most beloved album... yes, I know that it's still her most awarded, its videos are sumptuous and so on, but the general public will always gravitate towards her "funniest" albums.

Renato Iodice

Renato Iodice

2 hours ago, MPowered said:

Speaking of overrated… :Madonna003: Like a Virgin and pretty much everything on it is only celebrated by journalists who didn’t bother enough to dig deeper into her discography and only remember Madonnamania.

Frozen and its Renaissance are a testament to Ray of Light's impact. It’s the ONE album you can even expect to see in a straight guys' CD collection. That along with Like a Prayer and maybe even COADF if they're slightly fruity.

Like a Prayer, Ray of Light and COADF are the three albums that were CRITICALLY and COMMERCIALLY acclaimed. These three albums pretty much ushered in all three of Madonna's ultimate career peaks: 1990, 1998/9, 2005/6. By the time Ray of Light came out, the GP seemed to have entirely forgotten and forgiven her for Erotica/SEX. Same with COADF and American Life. There is a reason two of these are the poll winners.

"Overrated" doesn't mean "bad", and I'm not pretending to ignore Ray of Light's critical and commercial success that paved the road for Music and Confessions.

Ray of Light a very good album, but I don't think it will ever be her most celebrated album... yes, I know that it's still her most awarded, its videos are sumptuous and so on, but the general public will always gravitate towards her "funniest" albums.

Important Information

Terms of Use