WHICH CELEBRATION TOUR SHOW would you like to have official DVD/BLU RAY ?

WHICH CELEBRATION TOUR SHOW would you like to have official DVD/BLU RAY ?  

73 members voted

1. 1. WHICH CELEBRATION TOUR SHOW would you like to have official DVD/BLU RAY ?

• STANDARD SET LIST
    • RIO

1 minute ago, 8-tee's said:

I can care less. I just want a professional 4K show, with the normal setlist. Rain would be nice as it sounded better than Take a Bow, especially in arenas. 

Can't be too choosey with mama. I'm happy with whatever we get 🙌

Yes. I’m just so glad we got this version first. It means a) we don’t have to wait and b) we get a version that isn’t over edited. We won!

5 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

To be fair, they really wanted to show off the size of the crowd 

Of course that's why and it became less about her performing and more about LOOK IT'S RIO LOOK IT'S A BEACH! LOOK ITS ALOT OF PEOPLE! I also couldn't with the shady camera man cutting to two hairy gay men in bondage harnesses violently making out to In This Life lol 

16 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

That’s still better than switching scenes every second without seeing anything that happens on the stage like in previous Blu-rays. 😊

See that's where I find it so ironic that fans repeat that ad nauseam since Confessions (which even more ironically every casual fan loved) when this broadcast so many moments Madonna was lost in the shuffle. I mean she literally is just standing there main focus for NRM yet all these cuts kept happening and it was like uhh...am I watching for her or am I watching for the scenic view lol 

32 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Of course that's why and it became less about her performing and more about LOOK IT'S RIO LOOK IT'S A BEACH! LOOK ITS ALOT OF PEOPLE! I also couldn't with the shady camera man cutting to two hairy gay men in bondage harnesses violently making out to In This Life lol 

I thought that was a feature:) Great tongue work!

1 hour ago, musicinferno said:

To be fair, they really wanted to show off the size of the crowd 

I figured we’d see more beach crowds and general Rio topography and less close ups of fans since that bank paid bucks to put her on the sand. Her regular camera crew and Jonas have shot several regular shows and knew where to stand, having multiple nights at the same venues to do wide shots, close ups etc. This was LIVE, a one shot deal and some of those shots we all know they should’ve gotten had to be sacrficed for many reasons including the time lost resetting after getting that shot or one camera being in the way of another . I’m sure they had to employ extra camera people who maybe hadn’t been with them on earlier shoots in really chaotic situation. It must’ve  been nuts as well as nearly impossible trying to get any of camera people to hear direction through their earpieces in that wild crowd.

25 minutes ago, Magic Pussy said:

I figured we’d see more beach crowds and general Rio topography and less close ups of fans since that bank paid bucks to put her on the sand. Her regular camera crew and Jonas have shot several regular shows and knew where to stand, having multiple nights at the same venues to do wide shots, close ups etc. This was LIVE, a one shot deal and some of those shots we all know they should’ve gotten had to be sacrficed for many reasons including the time lost resetting after getting that shot or one camera being in the way of another . I’m sure they had to employ extra camera people who maybe hadn’t been with them on earlier shoots in really chaotic situation. It must’ve  been nuts as well as nearly impossible trying to get any of camera people to hear direction through their earpieces in that wild crowd.

And for as many cameras as they had and the massive production, they did a fab job! There were some shots you could tell they were clueless on (especially during Bedtime Story with the projection not working) but for a one-shot attempt, it was impressive. I miss the 80s and 90s when TV would broadcast raw live footage like this.

1 hour ago, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

The first night in Mexico City. That crowd gave M all they had and I could see right away she was not going to leave anything left in the tank that night. And she didn't. One of her best nights vocally too IMO

Tbh I didnt see the full mexico show but the moment I saw Salma as Frida...fuck, it made me emotional. It definitely felt like the real end to Celebration and the summation of her as an artist. I really hope they keep only Salma in the show edit but they probably will pull a Rebel Heart and do a montage of everyone.

3 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Let Rio be a good reference to something that's not overly edited. She'll edit the fuck out of the official release but at least it'll be how the show was intended (projection screens, floating cube, indoor venue making it more theatrical). 

This exactly. I want to see her vision come to life in the form of the film. 

But also love that we have professional footage of an unedited show.

Don't really know anything about rock, but I know that when the Rolling Stones performed at the same beach, they released a box set with 4 discs: one with a "regular" video, one with the Rio one, another with bonus songs and cuts from other cities, and one with a documentary.

I know this would be a lot, considering how her releases usually go, but this would be such a hit if they decided to go with this type of release.

If there's one release of hers with a good potential for sales in many years, it's this tour!

She could even slap a disc with the Madame X film as an extra, not only making it available on physical media, but in a way that would get it a better visiblity than as a stand-alone release (so much so that it never happened).