Tears Of A Clown: Your thoughts.

Stevo

Tears Of A Clown  

42 members voted

1. 1. What was your favourite performance from Tears Of A Clown?

2. 2. If any, which song were you the most surprised to hear?

• Send In The Clowns
    • Drowned World
    • X-static Process
    • Between The Bars
    • Nobody's Perfect
    • Easy Ride
    • Intervention
    • I'm So Stupid
    • Paradise
    • Joan Of Arc
    • Don't Tell Me
    • Mer Girl
    • Borderline
    • Take A Bow
    • Holiday

That fall was so obviously on purpose, the media just hate her tbh. "Madonna begs fans for sex at concert"... not quite.

I agree. I think the fall was on purpose and I don't think she was really drinking alcohol either. It was all an act, part of the show, i mean, come on, she was dressed as a clown and clowns are comical and can be clumsy and goofy, but the press and some people seem to just see things absolutely literally and not understand or care to acknowledge any irony, wit or performance. Oh well, I try not to concern myself with the press (not just to do with M, but in general TBH) anymore, but the first thing on my TV when I switched it on this morning was a debate/news programme and the topic was M going off the rails, being drunk, late, falling over, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah.....yawn.

I agree. I think the fall was on purpose and I don't think she was really drinking alcohol either. It was all an act, part of the show, i mean, come on, she was dressed as a clown and clowns are comical and can be clumsy and goofy, but the press and some people seem to just see things absolutely literally and not understand or care to acknowledge any irony, wit or performance. Oh well, I try not to concern myself with the press (not just to do with M, but in general TBH) anymore, but the first thing on my TV when I switched it on this morning was a debate/news programme and the topic was M going off the rails, being drunk, late, falling over, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah.....yawn.

It was, she did it on the Rebel Heart Tour too, I could see her hand go underneath to tip it over from the video. I think she did drink for real at Tears of a Clown, I think M's response about being drunk is about on the actual tour shows. I think she was genuinely sad the night she performed her Tears of a Clown show for the first time, and maybe just needed something. She seemed vulnerable throughout, just with her usual sense of humour. "If you just relax, it doesn't hurt as much", she said a few nights later. I find it hard to truly concern myself with the press or most things because you can never underestimate people's stupidity unfortunately. Plus media don't even care if what they're posting about is true or accurate, it's pretty much just clickbait. Like the "Madonna begs fans for sex" articles. They post the video and it clearly doesn't go with the headline at all. The only valid criticisms I even see are about her being incredibly late. In this case, I'm not sure her being late for a free show is really a valid complaint though, to be quite honest. And of course, like I said before, what she said before Borderline appears to have been ignored... that's odd.