Is Madonna a billionaire?

Bohh

Nobody has a billion dollars. Net worth is different from income.

Adding in the value of her personal assets, I assume its a couple hundred million (i.e. art, properties, stocks, jewelry, clothes, bank accounts, etc.). So let's say $200 million.

Her business assets, would be licensing to her name and music as well as her music catalog which includes songs, copyrights, and future royalties from licensing. Comparably Michael Jackson sold his music catalog for $1.2 billion, the Beatles most recently went for $1 billion, and as someone else said Springsteen sold his for $500 million. Assuming Madonna falls in the middle of those figures (her musical catalog will increase sharply post mortem), I'd estimate her catalog is worth $800 - $900 million factoring in the future value of it someday.

So she's probably just at $1 billion or very close to it in net worth.

On 5/16/2024 at 5:01 AM, dankpepe said:

Nobody has a billion dollars. Net worth is different from income.

Adding in the value of her personal assets, I assume its a couple hundred million (i.e. art, properties, stocks, jewelry, clothes, bank accounts, etc.). So let's say $200 million.

Her business assets, would be licensing to her name and music as well as her music catalog which includes songs, copyrights, and future royalties from licensing. Comparably Michael Jackson sold his music catalog for $1.2 billion, the Beatles most recently went for $1 billion, and as someone else said Springsteen sold his for $500 million. Assuming Madonna falls in the middle of those figures (her musical catalog will increase sharply post mortem), I'd estimate her catalog is worth $800 - $900 million factoring in the future value of it someday.

So she's probably just at $1 billion or very close to it in net worth.

Thanks for these numbers. So the value of catalogs are...

MJ $1.2 billion

The Beatles $1 billion

Madonna $850 million

Springsteen $500 million

Taylor Swift $500 million

So let's add those $850 million to Forbes' estimates for Madonna (as they did for Swift): $1.43 billion would be Madonna's worth and it is thanks to her music as well 😬

• 2 weeks later...