By The Decade: The 90s (Results Countdown)

angelamanda623

While tomorrow starts the OFFICIAL countdown, with the first 5 "clues", let's get started with some fun "trivia":

These songs got no votes at all:

Broken

Buenos Aires

Cry Baby

Did You Do It?

Don't Cry For Me Argentina

Fever

Freedom

Forbidden Love

Get Over

Gone Gone Gone

Goodbye To Innocence

I'd Be Surprisingly Good For You

I'm Going Bananas

Inside Of Me

Lament 

Love Won't Wait

Revenge

To Have And Not To Hold

Veras

I'M SURE THAT ONLY A FEW OF THOSE WERE SURPRISES!

These songs only got one vote each, so they have been thrown "out of the countdown":

Another Suitcase In Another Hall

Back In Business (my personal #8)

Bye Bye Baby (my personal #19)

Candy Perfume Girl (my personal #21)

Eva Beware Of The City

I'd Rather Be Your Lover (my personal #25)

Like A Flower

Love Don't Live Here Anymore (remix)

More

Now I'm Following You Parts I and II

Shanti/Ashtangi

Sky Fits Heaven

Sooner Or Later

Thief Of Hearts

Remember, that for the final countdown, I determine standing by adding the song's standing in personal countdowns divided by how many votes were actually given (those numbers of actual voters are also taken into account).

giphy.gif

Before the rules of the countdown/game are explained, let's discuss the songs that did NOT make the top 30, but came awfully close:  

37.  Where Life Begins (from 'Erotica', 29.33)

36.  The Power Of Good-bye* (from 'Ray Of Light', 27)

35.  Words (from 'Erotica', 24)

34.  (tied) One More Chance*/Survival (from 'Something To Remember/Bedtime Stories', 23)

33.  Little Star* (from 'Ray Of Light', 22.67)

32.  Skin (from 'Ray Of Light', 22.33)

31.  Hanky Panky* (from 'I'm Breathless', 22)

As you can see, the lower the score that the song got/the higher that it was on the countdown, that is the calculation system that I used (as was explained in more detail in the initial post of this thread).  BUT, this is not only a countdown, it is a game.  Now, for the rules:

1.  Every other night, I will list five clues, a clue for each song that made the top 30.  For example, tonight's countdown will start from numbers 30 to 26.  These clues can be trivia questions or lyrics (a change from the previous game).

2.  Each consecutive night, I will tell you the songs for those clues and their position on the chart; again, tonight being #s 30 to 26.

3.  For the game portion, the first person to MESSAGE me with the most correct answers will be able to replace a song with another of their choice (from the 90s) or change the position of a song.  For example, if a person loves "Skin", she or he can say well damn! that should have been in the top 30 and poof! make it so.  (Yes, the songs from numbers 37 to 31 are up to play.)  So...you can do a simple swap with a song (for example, putting #32 in the #23 slot, therefore moving #23 to #32), or...you can move a song all the way to the bottom, making every other song move up one.  Those are the only TWO ways to play.

4.  However, the winner can only choose from the songs that are already in position.  For example, whoever wins tonight can mess with the songs that are numbers #37 to #26.

5.  In essence, this game may make our new, "permanent" list much different from our original, "temporary" list.

7.  The person who gets to make the change will be announced on those nights that the actual song titles are announced.  (I will also message the person who got it! in plenty of time for them to tell me what she or he would like to do with the countdown.)  

SO......LET'S START THIS THANG!!

30.  Lyrics:  "Bring your body over/Baby let me bump you".

29.  Filmed in Sweden, New York, and Las Vegas, the video for this track is "a day in a life filmed in four minutes".

28.  A live performance of this song from 'The Girlie Show' was included as a bonus track on the maxi single for "I'll Remember".

27.  This beautiful ballad is a duet between Madonna and actor Mandy Patinkin.

26.  (tied) This track was backed by a full orchestra.  It was the first time that her collaborator (on this song and several others) had worked with live strings, per Madonna's suggestion.

26.  (tied) Lyrics:  "Comets fly across the sky/While the churches burn their preachers".

(Note:  After the song's title, I will be listing both the album that it came from as well as the score that it got for the count down.  Also, if it has an asterisk next to it, then it was on my personal countdown.)

AND SO THE COUNTDOWN STARTS...

september-14-2.jpg?w=640

"Come on join the party, let the bassline pump you/Bring your body over, baby let me bump you"

30.  from 'Bedtime Stories':  Don't Stop* (21.5)

giphy.gif

"Zephyr in the sky at night I wonder/Do my tears of mourning sink beneath the sun"

29.  from 'Ray Of Light':  Ray Of Light (21)

gs-tourbook11.jpg

"What do I have to do to be accepted/What do I have to say"

28.  from 'Erotica':  Why's It So Hard* (20.25)

dt_film11.jpg

"What can you lose?/Only the blues"

27.  from 'I'm Breathless':  What Can You Lose* (19)

giphy.gif

"Take a bow, the night is over/This masquerade is getting older"

26.  (tied) from 'Bedtime Stories':  Take A Bow (18.5)

e695c6adc10a9e35bbfe073eafde47d7.jpg

"Put your head on my shoulder baby/Things can't get any worse"

26.  (tied) from 'Ray Of Light':  Swim* (18.5)

First Move:  NowRadiate with keeping the countdown "as is"

FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS.

Ugh I knew the answers to all the trivia except the first one which is hysterical since I love "Don't Stop."

I'm surprised "Ray of Light" is that far down. Definately a few surprises that didn't make it and love that I'm the sole vote for "Like A Flower." ♡

Shocked by "Skin" just missing the top 30. That song is sublime. Also surprised by The Power of Goodbye and Words. Surprised by a few others but they are the ones I thought most fans would have included. A little surprised by "Hanky Panky" and a few others.

I love "What Can You Lose," the music, the lyrics, the meaning...it's just too short. I guess you can argue that it was part of the movie and gets it's point across pretty quickly but I always wished there was an extented version with more lyrics. It is lovely in it's strong message in it's simplicity but would love Madonna to perform a new extended version with lyrics that could go on to describe what's going on now. Performed with Mandy of course. ♡

Ugh I knew the answers to all the trivia except the first one which is hysterical since I love "Don't Stop."

I'm surprised "Ray of Light" is that far down. Definately a few surprises that didn't make it and love that I'm the sole vote for "Like A Flower." ♡

Shocked by "Skin" just missing the top 30. That song is sublime. Also surprised by The Power of Goodbye and Words. Surprised by a few others but they are the ones I thought most fans would have included. A little surprised by "Hanky Panky" and a few others.

I love "What Can You Lose," the music, the lyrics, the meaning...it's just too short. I guess you can argue that it was part of the movie and gets it's point across pretty quickly but I always wished there was an extented version with more lyrics. It is lovely in it's strong message in it's simplicity but would love Madonna to perform a new extended version with lyrics that could go on to describe what's going on now. Performed with Mandy of course. ♡

I DEFINITELY agree about WCYL.  That song is stellar, absolutely beautiful.  It needs a few more minutes on it, though.  I'm not surprised at all that it reached so high on the countdown; it's just a great song!  

I WAS a bit surprised by ROL though; thought it would do much better (of course, it wasn't on my personal countdown but I thought most other fans dug it).

WE HAD A GREAT START TO THE 90s COUNTDOWN, BUT I ENCOURAGE MORE OF YOU TO TRY YOUR LUCK...IN THAT REGARD, HERE'S MORE TRIVIA!!  (Remember to MESSAGE me in your answers as soon as possible by tomorrow night, as well as what you would like to do in case you get "lucky")...  

25.  Lyrics:  "Driving down the boulevard/Thinking about a man I knew".

24.  Lyrics:  "I know it's in here somewhere/I just wish I knew the color of my hair".

23.  (tied) When writing this song for Madonna's use, Bjork claimed, "I decided to do this to write the things I have always wanted to hear her say that she's  never said."  

23.  (tied) The production of this song was quite different from the production of the rest of the songs on 'Ray Of Light':  While the other songs "grew", a sample that Orbit provided was so perfect that Madonna just started singing text that she had already written.

22.  While working on this track, Madonna was also working on another track titled 'Beautiful Stranger'.

21.  The accompanying music video was directed by Jean-Baptiste Mondino, and features Madonna with her dancers dressed in latex and leather, executing highly choreographed dance routines.  Perhaps the funnest video ever! 

giphy.gif

APOLOGIES FOR THE DELAY...

Be Careful (Cuidado Con Mi Corazon)* (16.5) was going to be #22, but has moved down,

watch for its replacement...

gs_itl01.jpg

"Sitting on a park bench/Thinking about a friend of mine"

25.  from 'Erotica':  In This Life (18.33)

madonna_vanityfair_1992_01.jpg

"In my secret garden, I'm looking for the perfect flower/Waiting for my finest hour"

24.  from 'Erotica':  Secret Garden (17.67)

giphy.gif

"Today is the last day/That I'm using words"

23.  (tied) from 'Bedtime Stories':  Bedtime Story* (17)

giphy.gif

"I ran from my house/That cannot contain me"

23.  (tied) from 'Ray Of Light':  Mer Girl (17)

dd2f24be11541ab794957f6dabeeda57.jpg

"Do I know you from somewhere?/Why do you leave me wanting more?"

22.  from 'Ray Of Light':  Skin (22.33)

giphy.gif

"You wouldn't let me say the words I longed to say/You didn't want to see life through my eyes"

21.  from 'Bedtime Stories':  Human Nature (15.67)

First Move:  NowRadiate with keeping the countdown "as is"

Second Move:  LikeAMelody with moving "Skin" higher

FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS.

giphy.gif

THIS COUNTDOWN HAS BEEN A BIT BUMPY THUS FAR, BUT HOPEFULLY TONIGHT IT GOES A BIT SMOOTHER.  (REMEMBER TO MESSAGE ME YOUR ANSWERS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE FOR TOMORROW NIGHT, ALSO LETTING ME KNOW WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO:  SIMPLY SWAP ONE SONG FOR THE OTHER OR MOVE ONE SONG ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM THUS MOVING EVERYTHING ELSE UP ONE.)

20.  This track performed an incredible feat that has yet to be challenged to this day:  it holds the highest debut on the Hot 100 Airplay in history, landing at #2 in its first week.  

19.  Lyrics:  "Who needs a smile, when a tear's so full of love/Who needs a home, with the stars up above".

18.  Lyrics:  "You've graduated from/A different kind of school".

17.  About this track, Madonna claims:  "It's different to look at life through the eyes of a child, and suddenly you have a whole new respect for life and you kind of get your innocence back."  

16.  (tied) This song was officially released on February 2, 1993.

16.  (tied) This track was her tenth chart-topping single, breaking her tie with Whitney Houston to become the female artist with the most number one singles at that time.

:devil: WE HAVE FOUND OUR TRIGGER SONG!!   :devil: 

Be Careful (Cuidado Con Mi Corazon) was moved down, only to go way back up,

I love this though that's what this countdown/game was built around, the slight persuasion of her fans

we are going to go back to #36, because correct answers have moved things around quite a bit

37.  Where Life Begins

36.  The Power Of Good-bye

35.  Words

34.  One More Chance/Survival

33.  Little Star

32.  Hanky Panky

31.  Don't Stop

30.  Ray Of Light

29.  Why's It So Hard

28.  What Can You Lose

27.  Take A Bow/Swim

26.  In This Life

25.  Secret Garden

24.  Bedtime Story/Mer Girl

23.  Skin

22.  Human Nature

giphy.gif

"Erotica, romance/My name is Dita"

21.  from 'Erotica':  Erotica* (15.5)

tumblr_m3dc8mwuoW1r7e9vpo1_500.png

"Surely whoever speaks to me in the right voice/Him or her I shall follow"

20.  from 'Bedtime Stories':  Sanctuary* (15.33)

Ray+of+Light+wall+By+Sebathedog.jpg

"Breathe in, breathe out/I say a little prayer"

19.  from 'Ray Of Light':  Has To Be* (15.25)

giphy.gif

"When I was very young/Nothing really mattered to me"

18.  from 'Ray Of Light':  Nothing Really Matters** (14.8)

giphy.gif

"Something's missing and I don't know why/I always feel the need to hide my feelings from you"

17.  (tied) from 'Erotica':  Bad Girl (14.75)

giphy.gif

"This used to be my playground/This used to be my childhood dream"

17.  (tied) from 'Something To Remember':  This Used To Be My Playground (14.75)

giphy.gif

"Be careful with my heart/You could break it"

16.  from 'Ricky Martin':  Be Careful (Cuidado Con Mi Corazon)* (16.5)

First Move:  NowRadiate :heart:  with keeping the countdown "as is"

Second Move:  LikeAMelody :heart:  with moving "Skin" higher

Third Move:  NowRadiate with moving "Be Careful (Cuidado Con Mi Corazon)" higher

FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS.

THERE WILL BE SIX CLUES TODAY, AS #13 HAS TIES.  

15.  This song was recorded for the Marvin Gaye tribute album 'Inner City Blues:  The Music of Marvin Gaye'.  

14.  In regards to the video that accompanies this track, she asked:  "Why is it that people are willing to go and watch a movie about someone getting blown to bits for no reason at all, and nobody wants to see two girls kissing and two men snuggling?"

13.  (tied) Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice wrote this tune specifically for the film 'Evita'.

13.  (tied) The B-side for this single was "Spotlight".

12.  Lyrics:  "These are my lips, but they whisper sorrow/This is my voice, but it's telling lies".

11.  Lyrics:  "Waging a war between good and evil can be a bore/If you don't take time, it's not nice".

REMEMBER to send in your answers as soon as possible by MESSAGING me.  Also, include what you choose to do:  a simple switch with another song to move it up, or to move a song to the bottom for your choice to take its spot.

HE'S A MAN* (11), WHICH HAD REACHED #11, IS NOW #28...

if you have kept track of the countdown, then you know its replacement...

giphy.gif

"I want you the right way/I want you but I want you to want me too"

15.  from 'Something To Remember':  I Want You* (14)

giphy.gif

"I wanna kiss you in Paris/I wanna hold your hand in Rome"

14.  from 'The Immaculate Collection':  Justify My Love (13.25)

giphy.gif

"Where do we go from here?/This isn't where we intended to be"

13.  (tied) from 'Evita':  You Must Love Me* (13)

bf94d5f29ca6305c14472d5b84285e02.jpg

"I'm talking, I'm talking/I believe in the power of love"

13.  (tied) from 'The Immaculate Collection':  Rescue Me* (13)

bedtime-stories-madonna.jpg

"These are my hands, but what can they give me?/These are my eyes, but they cannot see"

12.  from 'Bedtime Stories':  Love Tried To Welcome Me* (12.04)

dt_film11.jpg

11.  from 'Dick Tracy':  What Can You Lose* (19)

First Move:  NowRadiate  with keeping the countdown "as is"

Second Move:  LikeAMelody with moving "Skin" higher

Third Move:  NowRadiate with moving "Be Careful (Cuidado Con Mi Corazon)" higher

Fourth Move:  NowRadiate with exchanging "He's A Man" with "What Can You Lose"

FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS.

AND SEND ME YOUR ANSWERS!!

THE LAST 10 SONGS WILL BE IN OUR ULTIMATE COUNTDOWN, AS WE HAVE DONE THE SAME THING FOR THE 80s, AND WILL BE DOING THE SAME THING FOR THE 2000s AND THE 2010s!!  OF COURSE, IF THESE SONGS ARE MOVED DOWN OR "REPLACED", THEN THEIR REPLACEMENT WILL MAKE IT INSTEAD. (Remember to MESSAGE me in your answers as soon as possible by tomorrow night, as well as what you would like to do in case you get "lucky")...  

As a reminder, the songs from the 80s in the ULTIMATE COUNTDOWN are:  Cherish, Everybody, Like A Virgin, Burning Up, Open Your Heart, Causing A Commotion, Lucky Star, Angel, Express Yourself, Like A Prayer, and Into The Groove.

10.  Susan Boyle covered this track on her 2009 debut album 'I Dreamed A Dream'.

09.  This song was released accompanied by eight different remixes by DJ Junior Vasquez, who just re-used Madonna's vocals, but changed the composition of the track completely.

08.  Lyrics:  "I was not your woman, I was not your friend".

07.  This song was a worldwide chart success, peaking at number two on the US Billboard Hot 100, becoming Madonna's sixth number-two single.

06.  This track was "one of those songs" that Madonna always had a problem with; by the end, Pettibone says that she wanted the middle of the song to have flamenco guitar.  

giphy.gif

TOMORROW THE 80s COUNTDOWN ENDS...

the Top 10 has already changed, due to our trigger song!, therefore making 

"Something To Remember"  (9.5) #16, rather than #8, kicking it out of the top 10

giphy.gif

"You think that I can't live without your love/You'll see"

10.  from 'Something To Remember':  You'll See** (10.6)

this song was #20 on my top 30 90's list; apparently, it is very popular in this forum and, I agree,

the song-writing here is stunning

giphy.gif

"Things haven't been the same/Since you came into my life"

09.  from 'Bedtime Stories':  Secret (10)

not even on my top 30 list; the best thing here, no doubt, is the video

giphy.gif

08.  from 'Ricky Martin':  Be Careful (Cuidado Con Mi Corazon)* (16.5)

while this song was #28 on my list, I must admit it hit me hard when my #4 got kicked out of the top 10

giphy.gif

"You only see what your eyes want to see/How can life be what you want it to be"

07.  from 'Ray Of Light':  Frozen** (9.4)

#5 on my list; deny this song I dare ya, hell this is even one of my daughter's favorites 

(and that means a lot in my world!)

giphy.gif

"I can't help falling in love/I fall deeper and deeper the further I go"

06.  from 'Erotica':  Deeper And Deeper (9)

another not on my list; still, I must admit that it is a good dance track and I love her

"vogue-ing" in the mid of the video

Fifth move:  NowRadiate with moving "Be Careful (Cuidado Con Mi Corazon)" even further up

FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS.

AND SEND ME YOUR ANSWERS!!

THIS WILL BE YOUR LAST CHANCE, AND YOU ARE LETTING

THIS COUNTDOWN BELONG TO NOWRADIATE   :fight:

SORRY ABOUT THAT, BUT EVEN MODERATORS HAVE LIVES TOO.  REMEMBER THAT TOMORROW IS THE END OF OUR 90s COUNTDOWN, WHERE THE ORIGINAL AND THE PERMANENT WILL BE DONE UP IN ALL OF ITS FINE GLORY.  (Remember to MESSAGE me in your answers as soon as possible by tomorrow night, as well as what you would like to do in case you get "lucky")...  

05.  Lyrics:  "Don't go making me cry/You're gonna say goodbye".

04.  The accompanying video, shot by David Fincher, was shot in black-and-white and takes stylistic inspiration from both the 1920s and 1930s.

03.  This track received great praise from the critics.  Slant Magazine even went so far as to call it a "soundtrack gem".

02.  This song had initially been written for a musical to be directed by collaborator Alek Keshishian based on the 1939 film Wuthering Heights.

01.  The original title for this track was "No Substitute For Love" which had slightly different lyrics from the released version.

SADLY, THE 90s HAVE ENDED...

watch for the Original countdown bump after thIS "Permanent" list,

but because of the trivia game, numbers have switched around!

ENJOY!

giphy.gif

"Zephyr in the sky at night I wonder/Do my tears of mourning sink beneath the sun"

30.  from 'Ray Of Light':  Ray Of Light (21)

gs-tourbook11.jpg

"What do I have to do to be accepted/What do I have to say"

29.  from 'Erotica':  Why's It So Hard* (20.25)

giphy.gif

"All work and no play/Makes Dick a dull dull boy, career gets in the way"

28.  from 'I'm Breathless':  He's A Man* (11)

giphy.gif

"Take a bow, the night is over/This masquerade is getting older"

27.  (tied) from 'Bedtime Stories':  Take A Bow (18.5)

e695c6adc10a9e35bbfe073eafde47d7.jpg

"Put your head on my shoulder baby/Things can't get any worse"

27.  from 'Ray Of Light':  Swim* (18.5)

gs_itl01.jpg

"Sitting on a park bench/Thinking about a friend of mine"

26.  from 'Erotica':  In This Life (18.33)

madonna_vanityfair_1992_01.jpg

"In my secret garden, I'm looking for the perfect flower/Waiting for my finest hour"

25.  from 'Erotica':  Secret Garden (17.67)

giphy.gif

"Today is the last day/That I'm using words"

24.  (tied) from 'Bedtime Stories':  Bedtime Story* (17)

giphy.gif

"I ran from my house/That cannot contain me"

24.  (tied) from 'Ray Of Light':  Mer Girl (17)

dd2f24be11541ab794957f6dabeeda57.jpg

"Do I know you from somewhere?/Why do you want me leaving more?"

23.  from 'Ray Of Light': Skin (22.33)

giphy.gif

"You wouldn't let me say the words I longed to say/You didn't want to see life through my eyes"

22.  from 'Bedtime Stories':  Human Nature (15.67)

giphy.gif

"Erotica, romance/My name is Dita"

21.  from 'Erotica':  Erotica* (15.5)

tumblr_m3dc8mwuoW1r7e9vpo1_500.png

"Surely whoever speaks to me in the right voice/Him or her I shall follow"

20.  from 'Bedtime Stories':  Sanctuary* (15.33)

Ray+of+Light+wall+By+Sebathedog.jpg

"Breathe in, breathe out/I say a little prayer"

19.  from 'Ray Of Light':  Has To Be* (15.25)

giphy.gif

"When I was very young/Nothing really mattered to me"

18.  from 'Ray Of Light':  Nothing Really Matters** (14.8)

giphy.gif

"Something's missing and I don't know why/I always feel the need to hide my feelings from you"

17.  (tied) from 'Erotica':  Bad Girl (14.75)

giphy.gif

"This used to be my playground/This used to be my childhood dream"

17.  (tied) from 'Something To Remember':  This Used To Be My Playground (14.75)

giphy.gif

"Seems I've played the game for much too long/I let people buy my love and I"

16.  from 'I'm Breathless':  Something To Remember* (9.5)

giphy.gif

"I want you the right way/I want you, but I want you to want me too"

15.  from 'Something To Remember':  I Want You* (14)

giphy.gif

"I wanna kiss you in Paris/I wanna hold your hand in Rome"

14.  from 'The Immaculate Collection':  Justify My Love (13.25)

giphy.gif

"Where do we go from here?/This isn't where we intended to be"

13.  (tied) from 'Evita':  You Must Love Me* (13)

bf94d5f29ca6305c14472d5b84285e02.jpg

"I'm talking, I'm talking/I believe in the power of love"

13.  (tied) from 'The Immaculate Collection':  Rescue Me* (13)

bedtime-stories-madonna.jpg

"These are my hands, but what can they give me?/These are my eyes, but they cannot see"

12.  from 'Bedtime Stories':  Love Tried To Welcome Me* (12.04)

dt_film11.jpg

11.  from 'I'm Breathless':  What Can You Lose* (19)

--------------------

giphy.gif

"You think that I can't live without your love/You'll see"

10.  from 'Something To Remember': You'll See** (10.6)

giphy.gif

"Things haven't been the same/Since you came into my life"

09.  from 'Bedtime Stories':  Secret (10)

giphy.gif

08.  from 'Ricky Martin':  Be Careful (Cuidado Con Mi Corazon)* (16.5)

giphy.gif

"You only see what your eyes want you to see/How can life be what you want it to be?"

07.  from 'Ray Of Light':  Frozen** (9.4)

giphy.gif

"I can't help falling in love/I fall deeper and deeper the further I go"

06.  from 'Erotica':  Deeper And Deeper (9)

madonna-erotica-video-5.jpg

"I'd like to direct your attention/To something that needs directing to"

05.  from 'Erotica':  Where Life Begins (29.33)

who knew that the song at the bottom of the list was going to make it all the way to the top 10? but it happened;

not on my list, but for sure this was a topic that  needed addressing

giphy.gif

"What are you looking at/Strike a pose"

04.  from 'I'm Breathless':  Vogue** (6.6)

#2 on my 90s list; to be sure, all of us die-hard fans know how to vogue!, 

and if you don't best learn how to strike a pose

ill-remember-video-may.jpg?w=350&h=200&c

"Hmm, hmm/Say goodbye"

03.  from 'Something To Remember': I'll Remember** (6)

#3 on my list, this song is absolutely breathless

and makes me think of my father, gone but not forgotten, every time

giphy.gif

"Feel it on my fingertips, hear it on my window pane/Your love's coming down like rain"

02.  from 'Erotica':  Rain** (5.8)

my personal favorite 90s song, there is NOTHING wrong here; the song is perfect,

the video is perfect, heck this small gif makes me want to go to her without hesitation

giphy.gif

dwsfl01.jpg

"I traded fame for love/Without a second thought"

!!!01.  from 'Ray Of Light':  Drowned World/Substitute For Love* (5)!!!

#9 on my list, but I am not disappointed, though a bit surprised, at its landing;

a song undoubtedly Lola-inspired, it rings okay with me

Fifth move:  NowRadiate with moving "Be Careful (Cuidado Con Mi Corazon)" even further up

Sixth move:  NowRadiate with switching "Waiting" for "Where Life Begins"

FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS.

WHICH CUTS FROM EACH ALBUM DID NOT MAKE IT TO THE TOP 30?

*I'M BREATHLESS:  SOONER OR LATER, HANKY PANKY, I'M GOING BANANAS, CRY BABY, BACK IN BUSINESS, MORE, NOW I'M FOLLOWING YOU PARTS I AND II

*EROTICA:  FEVER, BYE BYE BABY, WAITING, THIEF OF HEARTS, WORDS, DID YOU DO IT?

*BEDTIME STORIES:  SURVIVAL, I'D RATHER BE YOUR LOVER, DON'T STOP, INSIDE OF ME, FORBIDDEN LOVE

*SOMETHING TO REMEMBER:  LOVE DON'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE (REMIX), ONE MORE CHANCE, VERAS

*ALMOST ALL OF EVITA (THAT WERE UP FOR VOTING)

*RAY OF LIGHT:  CANDY PERFUME GIRL, SKY FITS HEAVEN, SHANTI/ASHTANGI, THE POWER OF GOOD-BYE, TO HAVE AND NOT TO HOLD, LITTLE STAR

WHICH SONGS ON MY LIST DIDN'T HAVE THE ABILITY TO LAST?  BACK IN BUSINESS, HANKY PANKY, BYE BYE BABY, CANDY PERFUME GIRL, ONE MORE CHANCE, DON'T STOP, I'D RATHER BE YOUR LOVER, LITTLE STAR, THE POWER OF GOOD-BYE

ADDING UP ALL POINTS FROM EACH ALBUM, WHICH ONE DID THE BEST FROM THIS ERA?  

'I'M BREATHLESS' HAD 4 SONGS IN THE TOP 30, 1 SONG IN THE TOP 10 (OUT OF 12 SONGS ON THE ALBUM)

'THE IMMACULATE COLLECTION' HAD 2 SONGS IN THE TOP 30 (OUT OF 2 NEW TRACKS)

'EROTICA' HAD 8 SONGS IN THE TOP 30, 3 SONGS IN THE TOP 10 (OUT OF 14 SONGS ON THE ALBUM)

'BEDTIME STORIES' HAD 6 SONGS IN THE TOP 30, 1 SONG IN THE TOP 10 (OUT OF 11 SONGS ON THE ALBUM)

'SOMETHING TO REMEMBER' HAD 4 SONGS IN THE TOP 30, 2 SONGS IN THE TOP 10 (OUT OF 8 "NEW" SONGS ON THE ALBUM)

'RAY OF LIGHT' HAD 8 SONGS IN THE TOP 30, 2 SONGS IN THE TOP 10 (OUT OF 13 SONGS ON THE ALBUM)

YOU BE THE JUDGE!

WHAT WAS THE ORIGINAL LIST AGAIN?

1.  Drowned World/Substitute For Love

2.  Rain

3. I'll Remember

4.  Vogue

5.  Waiting

6.  Deeper And Deeper

7.  Frozen

8.  Something To Remember

9.  Secret

10.  You'll See

11.  He's A Man

12.  Love Tried To Welcome Me

13.  You Must Love Me/Rescue Me

14.  Justify My Love

15.  I Want You

16.  Bad Girl/This Used To Be My Playground

17.  Nothing Really Matters

18.  Has To Be

19.  Sanctuary

20.  Erotica

21.  Human Nature

22.  Be Careful (Cuidado Con Mi Corazon)

23.  Bedtime Story/Mer Girl

24.  Secret Garden

25.  In This Life

26.  Take A Bow/Swim

27.  What Can You Lose

28.  Why's It So Hard

29.  Ray Of Light

30.  Don't Stop

31.  Hanky Panky

32.  Skin

33.  Little Star

34.  One More Chance/Survival

35.  Words

36.  The Power Of Good-bye

37.  Where Life Begins

funny how tastes change.

a few years ago, i would have sworn that ray of light would be one of the top5 songs.

I was quite shocked by this too.  In fact, there for a bit I wasn't sure that ROL was going to make it on the countdown.  There was only one vote for it.  But then, when I got my last message, someone else put it on their list.  Still, neither list had the song marked high.  

I honestly thought that either it or Vogue was going to lead the pack; I'm very glad that DW/SFL is our leader though.

I was quite shocked by this too.  In fact, there for a bit I wasn't sure that ROL was going to make it on the countdown.  There was only one vote for it.  But then, when I got my last message, someone else put it on their list.  Still, neither list had the song marked high.  

I honestly thought that either it or Vogue was going to lead the pack; I'm very glad that DW/SFL is our leader though.

same here. also glad I'll Remember is no. 3. surprised me too!