The Jonathan Ross Show [Special Edition]

groovyguy

I can't stand Guy and have zero respect for him as a man, aside from the fact that he never seemed to respect M's creativity or personality as she was.

I agree

That alone completely contradicts the hypocrite part : she compromised (and already mentioned it a bit in the 2003 Jonathan Ross interview) and withdrew from a lot of what she wanted to do during her marriage. Sure enough, that was all her decision, but that doesn't mean she felt completely free to express herself the way she wanted to, hence the prison quote. 

I feel like she changed to please him, but I don't think he asked her to do it. She even started going on pubs :stare:

Really?!...

I feel like sometimes she really unaware of what's she saying lately, compared to the American Life that she was very insightful and deeper about politics for example.

I feel like she changed to please him, but I don't think he asked her to do it. She even started going on pubs :stare:

She's not saying he asked her to, either. And she's not saying that she despises going to pubs now.

He attended lots of her concerts and various functions, while he probably couldn't care less at some point.

Compromising.

As for her being not so insightful... well, that's been going on for a while : I'll just use the example of the Olympia gig she mentioned in 2013 in the VICE/SECRETPROJECT interview with all the far right people booing her at the show. That's not what happened, at all, as this situation had absolutely nothing to do with Marine Le Pen or her supporters.

Funnily enough, this got no mention at all during her interview at LGJ. 

I feel like sometimes she really unaware of what's she saying lately, compared to the American Life that she was very insightful and deeper about politics for example.

If you don't think he asked her to do it, we must not be looking at the same Guy.  These things don't have to be explicitly stated... some disapproving looks convey the message just the same.  He's the type of insecure douchebag who needs his wife to be submissive and weak in order to feel good about himself.  What does going to pubs have to do with anything though?  Anyone who has been in a relationship of any sort knows that everyone does things that aren't things they truly enjoy at times... it's called taking an interest in the other person's interests.  The problem is that Guy never took any interest in Madonna's interests.

As for the second, I don't understand you at all.  :tongue:

If you don't think he asked her to do it, we must not be looking at the same Guy.  He's the type of insecure douchebag who needs his wife to be submissive and weak in order to feel good about himself.  What does going to pubs have to do with anything though?  Anyone who has been in a relationship of any sort knows that everyone does things that aren't things they truly enjoy at times... it's called taking an interest in the other person's interests.  The problem is that Guy never took any interest in Madonna's interests.

As for the second, I don't understand you at all.  :tongue:

He knows what he was getting into it, we are talking about most from bits from interviews and biographies things. We even don't know how Guy fall in love naturally for her, and maybe that change did not sustain the relationship. I don't like Guy either but I'm not the type of fan who agrees 100% of what she's saying.  :pop: 

He knows what he was getting into it, we are talking about most from bits from interviews and biographies things. We even don't know how Guy fall in love naturally for her, and maybe that change did not sustain the relationship. I don't like Guy either but I'm not the type of fan who agrees 100% of what she's saying.  :pop:

Well, to agree or disagree with what she says regarding her marriage, we'd need to know what was really going on. The thing is : we don't.

It's weird how we don't see the same reaction when she posts a pic with Sean Penn or mentions him at the Jonathan Ross show, saying how she adores him, while we know he was pretty violent with her back then. Probably because, once again, we don't know all the details behind their story.

I think the way everything played out reveals exactly how he DIDN'T know what he was getting into.  He's one of those people who marries someone thinking they can change them.

I don't agree 100% with everything she says either, but it's utterly hypocritical and sexist for anyone to tear her down for making a few MINOR comments about how she felt during her marriage, a decade later, when Guy and his family and friends tore her apart during the divorce.  She's entitled to share how she felt, but she's never said anything bad about Guy directly.

As for her being not so insightful... well, that's been going on for a while : I'll just use the example of the Olympia gig she mentioned in 2013 in the VICE/SECRETPROJECT interview with all the far right people booing her at the show. That's not what happened, at all, as this situation had absolutely nothing to do with Marine Le Pen or her supporters.

Funnily enough, this got no mention at all during her interview at LGJ. 

Madonna is saying the same thing since the end of the MDNAT: Russia, France, Malala, things we already heart before. That was in 2012, there is new things hapenning right now. Madonna would never dare to talk about Isis for example

I think the way everything played out reveals exactly how he DIDN'T know what he was getting into.  He's one of those people who marries someone thinking they can change them.

I don't agree 100% with everything she says either, but it's utterly hypocritical and sexist for anyone to tear her down for making a few MINOR comments about how she felt during her marriage, a decade later, when Guy and his family and friends tore her apart during the divorce.  She's entitled to share how she felt, but she's never said anything bad about Guy directly.

What a meltdown, don't come call me a sexist. I don't wanna drag smh

Posted Image

It's weird how we don't see the same reaction when she posts a pic with Sean Penn or mentions him at the Jonathan Ross show, saying how she adores him, while we know he was pretty violent with her back then. Probably because, once again, we don't know all the details behind their story.

Physical violence aside (which I'm NOT diminishing), it's clear that Madonna and Sean had mutual respect for each other creatively and managed to still be friends to this day.  They might have been incompatible as a couple, but the fact that M talks about Sean with respect but never mentions Guy is very telling.

Well, to agree or disagree with what she says regarding her marriage, we'd need to know what was really going on. The thing is : we don't.

Well I believe in those things, I think he was pretty violent with her, even her brother (who is no angel) talks about some things in his book, about his rage attacks :1f614:

Madonna is saying the same thing since the end of the MDNAT: Russia, France, Malala, things we already heart before. That was in 2012, there is new things hapenning right now. Madonna would never dare to talk about Isis for example

Well, she kinda did at LGJ, the part when they show her footage of the statues being destroyed.

Physical violence aside (which I'm NOT diminishing), it's clear that Madonna and Sean had mutual respect for each other creatively and managed to still be friends to this day.  They might have been incompatible as a couple, but the fact that M talks about Sean with respect but never mentions Guy is very telling.

Exactly.

Though I understand why she can sound superficial when talking about politics from this or that country - most likely because she probably doesn't know all the facts, as a lot of people don't - I'm having a hard time figuring out in what universe it's fair to call her a hypocrite when she talks about her private life. Of course she's not gonna give us all the details (that's what another Ciccone family member did, not her) so I don't see how we could judge her - or Guy, as a matter of fact - about their marriage.

Though I understand why she can sound superficial when talking about politics from this or that country - most likely because she probably doesn't know all the facts, as a lot of people don't - I'm having a hard time figuring out in what universe it's fair to call her a hypocrite when she talks about her private life.

This.  And I'm not going to devolve into a long political debate (it's not the right forum here), but I get what she's saying and think it was a bit misunderstood.  If you're not white and a natural French citizen, France can be a very exclusionary place, as are many places in Europe.  Referring to Nazi Germany does not necessarily mean there is a dictator in power and concentration camps, but I think she was referring to the culture of xenophobia and fear of dilution of France's culture that is worrisome and can lead to more extreme reactions to immigrants being tolerated.  I'm not saying it's right or wrong, and obviously, there is a lot of political turmoil everywhere these days, but being intolerant of others is not going to help the situation.

I've just expressed my opinion, didn't accuse anyone of being this or that :)

And I didn't say YOU were sexist, I said that to attack Madonna for saying anything about her marriage is sexist because why can Guy trash her and she can't even say a few words about how SHE felt?  She did NOT attack Guy or blame him.  She was just saying how marriage to him felt to her.  Don't take it so personally.. it might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch, but sometimes you know I gotta call it how it is. :)

But she did. I remember her son posted a video on IG about ISIS, and got a load of negative comments; and she posted to say that she support him. She also posted a lot about the Nigerian girls..etc. There just so much destruction going on in the world. She will never finish if she starts talking about every problem.