Madonna Live Earth 7 Year Anniversary Appreciation

Voguerista

"Nobody's feet can touch the ground for the whole song. I want to see this whole city jumpin'" - Madonna at the beginning of "Ray Of Light"

How unforgettable was this? I have chills again watching it again as I did on that day. I fell in love with her AGAIN if that's possible when we love her so much always.   :heart: And wow, to Hey You as well. What a gift from her with a beautiful message too. So powerful and full on Madonna!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIale6sHHR4&list=UU1AFOR6UADnRVsnK8G6EKxg

I know a lot of fans hated "Hey You", but I think it works for what it is intended and it's a nice little song. Most intriguing is how the song was a product of this early version:

Totally... Live 8 was iconic as much as her appearance at Live Aid. Anyway, I think Live Earth had good intentions. People like to overly criticize everything, and this event was perceived to be highly political and why it wasn't as well received.

Again I don't think the intention was to "preach" rather inform people, no matter what faults the event ended up having. I do understand the critcisms, but at the same time, I do think people and the media tend to look for the negative before the positive. I'm sure most artists that participated didn't really think about the criticisms people had, and was simply focused on informing people of and sharing their concern for the world.. on environmental issues.

The goals of the event weren't very concrete or clear and the carbon emissions it produced were huge. It was more like pretentious preaching rather than offering real solutions. 

same thoughts.

the criticism was not just for the sake of criticizing something.

the carbon footprint this generated was totally conflicting with the original message of it all.

came across as hypocritical.