Edit History

Nounours

Nounours

Removed an unnecessary "do"

11 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

I'm sorry but Kate Bush's remasters are plain awful. It absolutely does not do justice to her discography. If you want to discover Kate Bush or albums you don't know yet, avoid the 2018 remasters at all costs. No dynamic, they sound flat and Experiment IV has been destroyed. It all sounds like it's been remastered from a commercial tape.

I do have all of them bar AerialDirector's cut and 50 words for snow (albeit as digital downloads) and to my ears they sound ok, though I admit I don't have an audiophile bone in my body. But that's why I said "at least some steps" in my original post. While I do agree that the 2018 Kate Bush remasters leave a lot to be desired (especially in the visual department), at least her whole catalogue has been remastered and reissued at this point. All we have from Madonna in that respect are three remastered editions released over 20 years ago that appended the original track list with two remixes each and called it a day. I can't help but find it very sad.

Nounours

Nounours

4 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

I'm sorry but Kate Bush's remasters are plain awful. It absolutely does not do justice to her discography. If you want to discover Kate Bush or albums you don't know yet, avoid the 2018 remasters at all costs. No dynamic, they sound flat and Experiment IV has been destroyed. It all sounds like it's been remastered from a commercial tape.

I do have all of them bar AerialDirector's cut and 50 words for snow (albeit as digital downloads) and to my ears they sound ok, though I admit I don't have an audiophile bone in my body. But that's why I said "at least some steps" in my original post. While I do agree that the 2018 Kate Bush remasters do leave a lot to be desired (especially in the visual department), at least her whole catalogue has been remastered and reissued at this point. All we have from Madonna in that respect are three remastered editions released over 20 years ago that appended the original track list with two remixes each and called it a day. I can't help but find it very sad.

Important Information

Terms of Use