Edit History

Loki

Loki

These photos made me feel so uncorfortable because basically she recreated the last photoshoots Marilyn did between 1961-1962, before her death. There are referencies to The Last Sitting, by Bert Stern, shot 6 weeks before Marilyn died (the notes she posted and the glitter on her body suggest it) and other ones to The Misfits, the last completed movie  for Marilyn, shot in 1961: in particular she recreated a nude studio photo where Marilyn turns her back to the camera, taken by Eve Arnold. Then, as someone posted before, the set is sinisterly similar to the room where ms Monroe was found dead. Dulcis in fundo, she brought Louise Oriole back to life: I don't know if it's merely a coincidence.

Seeing these photos, I can't help thinking of an article published by Vanity Fair in 1991, where Madonna was compared to Marilyn, with a majestic photoshoot by Steven Meisel. The title was...The Misfit: https://archive.vanityfair.com/article/share/bd86a835-b84c-47a7-bbec-60b9af6ea282

Loki

Loki

These photos made me feel so uncorfortable because basically she recreated the last photoshoots Marilyn did between 1961-1962, before her death. There are referencies to The Last Sitting, by Bert Stern, shot 6 weeks before Marilyn died (the notes she posted and the glitter on her body suggest it) and other ones to The Misfits, the last completed movie  for Marilyn, shot in 1961: in particular she recreated a nude studio photo where Marilyn turns her back to the camera, taken by Eve Arnold. Then, as someone posted before, the set is sinisterly similar to the room where ms Monroe was found dead. Dulcis in fundo, she brought Louise Oriole back to life: I don't know if it's merely a coincidence.

Seeing these photos, I can't help thinking of an article published by Vanity Fair in 1991, where Madonna was compared to Marilyn, with a majestic photoshoot by Steven Meisel. The title was...The Misfit: https://archive.vanityfair.com/article/share/bd86a835-b84c-47a7-bbec-60b9af6ea282

Loki

Loki

Seeing these photos, I can't help thinking of an article published by Vanity Fair in 1991, where Madonna was compared to Marilyn, with a majestic photoshoot by Steven Meisel. The title was...The Misfits: https://archive.vanityfair.com/article/share/bd86a835-b84c-47a7-bbec-60b9af6ea282

Important Information

Terms of Use