Debord

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Prayer

Still fresh. I also remember my first listen and be surprised but happy overall. Everyone (me included) expected the usual Maluma dirty reggaeton smash, but instead she gave us this smooth, cool, almost nostalgic song. I also liked that sonically it was something different for her, right where "Body Shop" had left in the previous album. She tried something different. I took a pill and had a dream... The video is still one of her best of last decade and I'd even say one of her best ever

Roland Barthes

I think the X in Madame X refers to Portugal being at the center of the world in the past, it was central to triangular trade and when Colombus went to colonize the world and boats went to asia, south & north america....Madonna's concepts are always confused but this may explain why we go from Portugal to south America to Asia and Africa...and the covers are her mothers : her real mother and her art mothers : frida Kahlo and Martha Graham...another concept within the concept. It's like she c

WopaelWopael

"Medellin" isn't just a song to me—it's a piece of my life. Back in 2016 when I was 20, I left my tiny german hometown to spend a year doing voluntary work in Medellin. That year changed everything for me. I picked up Spanish, fell head over heels for Reggaeton, and had the kind of adventures I'd only ever dreamed about. Medellin was also where I first really got to embrace my identity, amazing parties and meeting my first boyfriend. It was wild, freeing, and eye-opening in so many ways. Fa

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Debord said:

What makes them "pretentious" for you?

cause she it´s like she is trying high art or been seen as the experimental girl and then it´s like: ok, it´s a shit of a song (for me). I´m speaking about that one about life being a circle,  batuka and the one she did in eurovision, can´t remember the name. For me they are pretty bla. At least superstar was lovely and she is having fun.

29 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

cause she it´s like she is trying high art or been seen as the experimental girl and then it´s like: ok, it´s a shit of a song (for me). I´m speaking about that one about life being a circle,  batuka and the one she did in eurovision, can´t remember the name. For me they are pretty bla. At least superstar was lovely and she is having fun.

Someone tackling ideas and new things in music isn't "pretentious' though, and you not liking something just means you don't like it. It doesn't mean M was trying to be something she's not. She clearly cared deeply about the project and had plenty of fun making it.

1 hour ago, Debord said:

Someone tackling ideas and new things in music isn't "pretentious' though, and you not liking something just means you don't like it. It doesn't mean M was trying to be something she's not. She clearly cared deeply about the project and had plenty of fun making it.

Yes, I understand you are fan of this album, so sorry if you felt dissapointed. For me Madame x was very very dissapoiting, and  a very unmadonna record by the way, but I enjoy that it has its public too. The whole era it´s like a nighmare for me, starting with the way she sings, the eurovision performance, her wigs, and finishing with the milk bath video speaking on youtube about covid, after the many injuries that caused many cancelations. Then the strange singles came and voila, it´s my less favourite Madonna time ever. Despite all this, some songs are ok after all. And I must say she is doing great lately, so I´m very happy for her. 

But ok, I quite enjoy Hard Candy, Mdna and Rebel Heart and they are atacked here daily, so it´s only fair I can be honest about how I feel about the Madame x era on this board. I know I´m not alone.

43 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

Yes, I understand you are fan of this album, so sorry if you felt dissapointed. For me Madame x was very very dissapoiting, and  a very unmadonna record by the way, but I enjoy that it has its public too. The whole era it´s like a nighmare for me, starting with the way she sings, the eurovision performance, her wigs, and finishing with the milk bath video speaking on youtube about covid, after the many injuries that caused many cancelations. Then the strange singles came and voila, it´s my less favourite Madonna time ever. Despite all this, some songs are ok after all. And I must say she is doing great lately, so I´m very happy for her. 

But ok, I quite enjoy Hard Candy, Mdna and Rebel Heart and they are atacked here daily, so it´s only fair I can be honest about how I feel about the Madame x era on this board. I know I´m not alone.

I'm not taking issue with you disliking the album - that's obviously your feeling and it's pointless arguing about that. I just disagreed that it could be called 'filler' or 'pretentious'.

3 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

The ways you express yourself is so cute. Just wanna say that 😘

4 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

It’s amazing how much debate MX album brings out in fans - I think it must be her most divisive album since American life and I blame Mirwais for that …

Yes, it's an album some fans hate it and others love it. I think it's her worst album ever, I hate the whole era, visuals, photoshoots, songs and tour and I pretend it never existed in my mind. Madame X seems a soundtrack of a movie called Madame X, I don't see it as a Madonna album, but an album by her Madame X's character. 

I'm a fan since 1984 and it never happened before with a Madonna's work. Even MDNA, it was the era I least enjoyed until Madame X, but it has good moments like Love Profusion, Falling Free, Beautiful Killer, Masterpiece and some others, the videos are good and although the tour is not my favorite, it's a big production.