Edit History

acolyte

acolyte

8 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

What? On what basis do you make such a statement? In case you don't know Madonna's last tours, Rebel heart tour and Madame x tour, were a resounding success and praised by critics. While it is true that sometimes Madonna is a few minutes late to start the show, people left satisfied to have seen a quality show. That is why I do not understand this current of thought that some have to see with negativity and pessimism the success of this new tour. It seems that we live in different realities because for me there is nothing that indicates or makes me suppose that this new tour will be a failure.

Madonna is already a legend, a legendary artist who doesn't need to prove anything to anyone to fill stadiums. That is why I am sure that many will end up rectifying when Madonna shows them how wrong they were to minimize her and doubt her ability. Fortunately, I will not be in that group because I never doubted nor will I doubt her. And they say that he who laughs last, laughs best. We'll see.

She wasn't just a few minutes late. A few hours is more like it. Dozens of shows were cancelled, some which minutes before doors were supposed to open. People were wildly upset for being stood up or left waiting for hours in the freezing cold. Losing money on all sorts of non-refundable expenses. The media was all over it and that didn't help to rectify her diva reputation. Nobody talked about the reason behind all those cancellations. Yes, news about the injury spread, but I haven't seen a single article that bothered to address the true physical and emotional hell she was going through at the time. I was at that Paris show when she broke down in tears on stage and it was heartbreaking. We as fans know about this and even though it may have caused us inconvenience, the general public certainly hasn't picked up on those nuances and continues to harbour the sentiments they obviously do. Would you as a casual listener consider forking out 300 quid to see an artist that is known to be late, cranky and prone to last minute cancellations, on a weekday not knowing if public transport will still be running to take you home? That is why I doubt she'll sell out stadiums easily. She has a reputation for good and bad reasons and I don't think that's ever going to change.

One more thing: I never said Madonna wouldn't put together a superb piece of live theatre or that the quality of her shows is to be doubted. I didn't criticise what she's been up to artistically. All I did was point out that non-fans would be rather hesitant to buy a ticket based on her reputation. Most of us are probably going to be there and having a good time, but I'm afraid there aren't enough of us for her to sell out an entire tour. This is how I see it and, yes, maybe we do indeed live in different realities.

acolyte

acolyte

What? On what basis do you make such a statement? In case you don't know Madonna's last tours, Rebel heart tour and Madame x tour, were a resounding success and praised by critics. While it is true that sometimes Madonna is a few minutes late to start the show, people left satisfied to have seen a quality show. That is why I do not understand this current of thought that some have to see with negativity and pessimism the success of this new tour. It seems that we live in different realities because for me there is nothing that indicates or makes me suppose that this new tour will be a failure.

Madonna is already a legend, a legendary artist who doesn't need to prove anything to anyone to fill stadiums. That is why I am sure that many will end up rectifying when Madonna shows them how wrong they were to minimize her and doubt her ability. Fortunately, I will not be in that group because I never doubted nor will I doubt her. And they say that he who laughs last, laughs best. We'll see.

She wasn't just a few minutes late. A few hours is more like it. Dozens of shows were cancelled, some which minutes before doors were supposed to open. People were wildly upset for being stood up or left waiting for hours in the freezing cold. Losing money on all sorts of non-refundable expenses. The media was all over it and that didn't help to rectify her diva reputation. Nobody talked about the reason behind all those cancellations. Yes, news about the injury spread, but I haven't seen a single article that bothered to address the true physical and emotional hell she was going through at the time. I was at that Paris show when she broke down in tears on stage and it was heartbreaking. We as fans know about this and even though it may have caused us inconvenience, the general public certainly hasn't picked up on those nuances and continues to harbour the sentiments they obviously do. Would you as a casual listener consider forking out 300 quid to see an artist that is known to be late, cranky and prone to last minute cancellations, on a weekday not knowing if public transport will still be running to take you home? That is why I doubt she'll sell out stadiums easily. She has a reputation for good and bad reasons and I don't think that's ever going to change.

One more thing: I never said Madonna wouldn't put together a superb piece of live theatre or that the quality of her shows is to be doubted. I didn't criticise what she's been up to artistically. All I did was point out that non-fans would be rather hesitant to buy a ticket based on her reputation. Most of us are probably going to be there and having a good time, but I'm afraid there aren't enough of us for her to sell out an entire tour.

acolyte

acolyte

Important Information

Terms of Use