Song arrangements

judas2015

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

By Dua Lipa’s Future Nostalgia you mean the sound of Sophie Ellis Bexter, Kylie Minogue and everyone else in the early 2000’s?

Well more of the whole 80's revival sound that's been happening in pop music that's been happening in the 2020's Dua's Future Nostalgia was the frist album I thought of but yeah kinda like that too I suppose.

Edited by N3onNostalgic (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, N3onNostalgic said:

Well more of the whole 80's revival sound that's been happening in pop music that's been happening in the 2020's Dua's Future Nostalgia was the frist album I thought of but yeah kinda like that too I suppose.

The production just sounds identical to the music of that period to me. So it’s more early 2000’s revival to my ears. But I suppose there was an 80’s revival at that time 😂

2 hours ago, MPowered said:

I love Future Nostalgia but it really isn't as "retro" as it's being marketed honestly. It's still very current. Indeed very 00s Kylie/Madonna, minus the experimental and trance elements.

There are 80s samples on like…two songs but overall it just isn't THAT nostalgic.

I guess the early 2000's would be "retro" to 18 year olds. Some young gays acted like Dua Lipa invented a new sound a few years ago lol. There was nothing new about it.