Why did Madonna go with a Spanish theme for the Take a Bow video?

BlackPanther86

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Yeah in Truth or Dare - long after Vogue was released, she then had a controversy with Justify My Love video which depicted bisexuality (which you seem to deplore) - but she didn't talk explicitly about the experiences of the dancers and who they were and where they came from. 

Truth or Dare is a classic rock documentary - yet through modern optics it raises more questions than it answers. 

I never deplore it :)

I said it seemed more like a statement against the scrutiny of the media. I remember when Justify my Love came out, I went to buy the VHS the day after and the guy at the shop flirted with me.

I do agree that in Truth or Dare she showcase them but never gave them a voice. You only get something from Oli and his father and that's it. Specially if you watch Strike a Pose after and learn a lot about them.

Truth or Dare was about Madonna.

Guest DeeperDeeper
27 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

I mean David Ian Xtravaganza have both of them touring with him in Japan promoting " Elements of Vogue" and bringing the ballroom scene there. This was fall of 1989.

Madonna discovered them in Paradise Garage in NY and the famous Love Ball

And Shep Pettibone is a genius or mixing and producing. But if you listen to "Elements of Vogue" you find few similarities, apart from borrowing both from Salsoul Orchestra's Ooh I love it (Love Break)'...lyrics:

"Give them face, give them body, walk in beat, strike a pose.
Serving fashion, 1990, elements of vogue."

House of Xtravanganza just featured on Vogue US along top models like Naomi Campbell and the Love Ball had main designers and artist involved, so the idea of being underground and not in the public eye is not precise.

But in the interview you posted Jose said that Malcolm McLaren took Vogue and put it out there, yet it still remained underground. 

It was M who took it mainstream - but to the wider audience the background of what Vogue was about was still an enigma. 

Just now, Ashley said:

But in the interview you posted Jose said that Malcolm McLaren took Vogue and put it out there, yet it still remained underground. 

It was M who took it mainstream - but to the wider audience the background of what Vogue was about was still an enigma. 

Yeah Malcolm not Ian Xtravaganza...Malcolm did "Deep in Vogue'

And precisely, I do not believe on binaries. this is not a right or wrong conversation. I said that it feels like this was happening at the moment and Madonna/Shep and took it, as Jose said : 'To the next level"

Guest DeeperDeeper
3 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

I never deplore it :)

I said it seemed more like a statement against the scrutiny of the media. I remember when Justify my Love came out, I went to buy the VHS the day after and the guy at the shop flirted with me.

I do agree that in Truth or Dare she showcase them but never gave them a voice. You only get something from Oli and his father and that's it. Specially if you watch Strike a Pose after and learn a lot about them.

Truth or Dare was about Madonna.

I wasn't referring to you handsome. It was the other poster who has issue with bisexuality. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

Yeah Malcolm not Ian Xtravaganza...Malcolm did "Deep in Vogue'

And precisely, I do not believe on binaries. this is not a right or wrong conversation. I said that it feels like this was happening at the moment and Madonna/Shep and took it, as Jose said : 'To the next level"

I agree. It's definitely not a right or wrong conversation. Yet Truth or Dare and Blonde Ambition is pretty much an important part of Western queer nd pop culture now and Strike A Pose is an important instalment. 

I actually wish Donna and Niki, along with Vincent Paterson, Alex Keshishian, Freddy DiMann, Jean Paul Gaultier and everyone else involved were featured in another documentary. There's more to the concert tour and film which hasn't been told yet. 

We know Christopher Ciccones version of the tour and film since he wrote about it in his autobiography. 

Edited by DeeperDeeper (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I actually wish Donna and Niki, along with Vincent Paterson, Alex Keshishian, Freddy DiMann, Jean Paul Gaultier and everyone else involved were featured in another documentary. There's more to the concert tour and film which hasn't been told yet. 

Yes to this. Hopefully not as an obituary documentary.

6 hours ago, Ashley said:

See, we agree in the end. In the beginning too

madonna kiss GIF