Truth or Dare vs I'm Going to Tell You a Secret

madgefan

I wonder if Madonna plans to film a third documentary during her next tour. Truth or Dare (1991) and I'm Going to Tell You a Secret (2005) have proved to be successful and entertaining in general. The fact that they include concert footage, shot in colour, between the b&w scenes make these video releases incredibly iconic.

What do you think of these gems in Madonna's filmography?

Loved them both. Of course, "Truth or Dare" is much more iconic and gave us a great glimpse of her while she was at her peek of success. She's rebounded quite nicely since then. It's nice to see her much more mature and more family oriented in "...Secret".  The two really show how much she's grown between one another. I'm not sure a third would be as successful, but who knows? There isn't much more she can tell us about herself that we don't already know. I would think if she did do a documentary, she'd probably approach it differently and make it less personal. But again, who knows? It's been ten years since she filmed "...Secret", and I'm sure there's a lot more she can tell us while keeping us entertained.

Truth or Dare really shaped my childhood/growing up into a young adult. I literally overplayed my VHS.  But I'll say this.  If she does another tour documentary, then it is certain that tour will never be officially released as a concert dvd/bluray. I'll take a concert dvd over a tour documentary. In Madonna's world, a fan can never have both. 

Love them both. In both, it is great to see her fantastic interaction with the dancers.

But Truth is iconic. It’s fascinating and she’s phenomenal in it.

Secret shows a mature Madonna who talks religion (in an enriching, non-preachy way), family, literature and, of course, music. Absolutely love the glimpse of  private moments with her family, esp. Lola and Rocco, who appear frequently in the documentary.

If there’s a third, I have a hunch it will somehow be connected to the Art for Freedom project. 

Strangley, her docs reached more people than any of her concerts on DVD. But yeah, I would love to have both. My concern, being that the sales for her concerts in DVD are quite low and they may just stop releasing concert DVD's from her. Her MDNA appears to have sold less than 40,000. Of course, that's not an accurate world figure, but based on the fact in the U.S, it only sold about 18,000 and 7,000 in the UK.

I'll go with TOD, because it's way more iconic.

Her MDNA appears to have sold less than 40,000. Of course, that's not an accurate world figure, but based on the fact in the U.S, it only sold about 18,000 and 7,000 in the UK.

I think it sold about 200K in total actually, it did like 90k in brazil and charted well in many places. Maybe dvds just don't sell as much as before. Some people can't sell 200k of their actual albums :lol:

I'll go with TOD, because it's way more iconic.

I think it sold about 200K in total actually, it did like 90k in brazil and charted well in many places. Maybe dvds just don't sell as much as before. Some people can't sell 200k of their actual albums :lol:

Yes, world-wide figure, but it's still significantly less than what Groovyguy has reported here where BAT is the lowest selling realease, keeping in mind, it only got a limited format release to Laserdisc. MDNA got a BLU-RAY/DVD/CD release: http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/51-madonnas-global-dvd-sales/