Edit History

Vogue Italia

Vogue Italia

5 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

Another movie about Basquiat? There have been quite a few, documentaries and with actors! 

There has been a few documentaries using footage of Basquiat himself, but only one movie, which was released in 1996. The movie had a nice cast, Jeffrey Wright as Basquiat and David Bowie as Warhol, but there were a lot of fabrications. It was more of a movie inspired by Basquiat rather than his story. I see it as a vanity project by Julian Schnabel who made himself more important in Basquiat's life than he actually was, so I'm glad they're doing another movie.

Vogue Italia

Vogue Italia

4 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

Another movie about Basquiat? There have been quite a few, documentaries and with actors! 

There has been a few documentaries using footage of Basquiat himself, but only one movie, which was released in 1996. The movie had a nice cast, Jeffrey Wright as Basquiat and David Bowie as Warhol, but there were a lot of fabrications. It was more of a movie inspired by Basquiat rather than his story. I see it as a vanity project by Julian Schnabel who made himself more important in Basquiat's life than he actually was, so I'm glad they're doing another movie.

Important Information

Terms of Use