Edit History

jesus

jesus

voted! Listening to the album after quite a long time was a very interesting experience. I had a hard time finishing the listen. And it is a pity because MDNA tour is one of my faves, was so espectacular to watch live (on video...that is another subject lol)

I always felt the album was too claustrophobic production wise, too many effects in the voice, no space to breath in most of the tracks and messy in general. And this listen pretty much confirms it. 

She did her thing (the vocals) and let others do their thing and it seems like the potential is there at moments but never really materialises.

Because some songs are actually quite great, or could be, but there are too many cooks in the (production) kitchen and no clear menu.

I am surprised to say this, cause I never paid deep attention to it, but my highlight is "I don't give a", because the lyrical content and the production and vocal performance are all aligned in a similar intention, and the arrangement makes sense within that message. Only on this track i "believe" her.

The rest of the album, her voice is there but the soul not. (And this will be controversial...but falling free doesn't cut the mustard for me. The music production isn't up to the par with the potential of the lyrics and melodic line). 

The album has potential but needs just one producer and one sound engineer, not a whole team of people adding things for no reason. Hard candy's production is at least more intentional in trying to make hits.

The production of MDNA is pure decoration. My 2 cents... 

jesus

jesus

voted! Listening to the album after quite a long time was a very interesting experience. I had a hard time finishing the listen. And it is a pity because MDNA tour is one of my faves, was so espectacular to watch live (on video...that is another subject lol)

I always felt the album was too claustrophobic production wise, too many effects in the voice, no space to breath in most of the tracks and messy in general. And this listen pretty much confirms it. 

She did her thing (the vocals) and let others do their thing and it seems like the potential is there at moments but never really materialises.

Because some songs are actually quite great, or could be, but there are too many cooks in the (production) kitchen and no clear menu.

I am surprised to say this, cause I like never paid deep attention to it, but my highlight is "I don't give a", because the lyrical content and the production and vocal performance are all aligned in a similar intention, and the arrangement makes sense within that message. Only on this track i believe her. The rest of the album, her voice is there but the soul not. (And this will be controversial...but falling free doesn't cut the mustard for me. The music production isn't up to the par with the potential of the lyrics and melodic line). 

The rest... has potential but needs just one producer and one sound engineer, not a whole team of people adding things for no reason. Hard candy's production is at least more intentional in trying to make hits.

The production of MDNA is pure decoration. My 2 cents... 

Important Information

Terms of Use