We-R-Superstars Debacle

Huge speculation that Billboard posted a possible clip from her upcoming song; "We-R-Superstars" which we know has existed since June 2013 in some form by DJ Sander Kleinenberg, and has been part of his club sets since earlier this year. In June of 2013, he posted a test page at Facebook with the same title and a short video clip with a dog DJing the song. It also turned up recently on Pete Tong's Radio ONE show/Spinning Records Youtube channel and has been identified simply be an artist name "ID" (which he has done occasionally to keep the artist under wraps for the moment). There has be NO confirmation that this track is even related to Madonna. At the sametime, there has been no denials either.

We can make this a thread about We-R-Superstars and the whole frankly annoying debacle.

I'm 100% she has nothing to do with it, unfortunately publications haven't gotten the memo yet that it isn't true. :confused:

So how can you be 100% sure? Again, I am not saying it's her, but I don't see any 100% proof it isn't her.

On a lighter note, I'm working on a W-R-S vs Music/Hung Up mash up.

I'll post it soon  :hearteyes:

Can't wait to hear this. ;)

By the way, can you edit the title of this thread to "We-R-Superstar Debacle"

So how can you be 100% sure? Again, I am not saying it's her, but I don't see any 100% proof it isn't her.

Because the track is old, and it was 100% finished and the same as the Billboard clip when Kleinenberg was teasing it in sets and stuff.

Besides, Billboard said "shape shifting dance legend", which CAN describe Kleinenberg, he is shape shifting (using dogs as his identity and IDK all that) and a dance legend for people who follow the DJ scene etc.

This must be a release they want to hype big time because they see its potential for success, and I think it's his first release with Spinnin Records, so it makes sense to hype it up a lot. 

I know he favourited a tweet that said it was the new Madonna single, but he favourited a bunch of tweets that had the link to the song. I think he just enjoys the hype. He isn't denying it because he's not supposed to say it's his track yet.

The Madonna camp SHOULD deny it though, that's annoying me. If she's still in the studio, its highly unlikely she's about to release a track.

First off, thanks for changing the thread title. ;) 

Because the track is old, and it was 100% finished and the same as the Billboard clip when Kleinenberg was teasing it in sets and stuff.

Besides, Billboard said "shape shifting dance legend", which CAN describe Kleinenberg, he is shape shifting (using dogs as his identity and IDK all that) and a dance legend for people who follow the DJ scene etc.

This must be a release they want to hype big time because they see its potential for success, and I think it's his first release with Spinnin Records, so it makes sense to hype it up a lot. 

I know he favourited a tweet that said it was the new Madonna single, but he favourited a bunch of tweets that had the link to the song. I think he just enjoys the hype. He isn't denying it because he's not supposed to say it's his track yet.

The Madonna camp SHOULD deny it though, that's annoying me. If she's still in the studio, its highly unlikely she's about to release a track.

If you mean by "old" since he's had it part of his set for a while, that doesn't mean it's old. In fact, I agree that we know it existed back in June of last year, but songs and artists just don't explode over night. (Well, for the most part). It's possible that he posted it back in June to get some attention with no intention of it going anywhere. Quite possibly, he submitted it to Madonna or someone in her camp sometime back.

I honestly don't know what to think, but part of me wants it to be connected to her. Isn't it possible the reason she isn't denying it, because it might be connected to her? And what about the possibility of Madonna releasing an early single to start the ball rolling for her new album. It's not uncommon for artists to do that. These days, it seems it's happening more and more where artists are releasing one or more tracks ahead of the album. To me, that makes sense that way if a song does catch, people will buy the single and hopefully after much hype from the successful singles the album will sell. Seems logical to me.

Several things here...

Why would Billboard showcase an old track, out of the blue ?

Also, Kleinenberg may be a dance legend for people who follow the DJ scene, but Billboard isn't an edgy media, it's more mainstream than anything else. Talking about a shape shifting dance legend very few know about wouldn't give them much credibility at the end of the day.

If it has nothing to do with Madonna, either she or her staff AND Billboard should deny it. Yet again, nothing has been clearly stated about this yet.

As for her still being in the studio : in this day and age, why would that prevent her from releasing a track ? It's not as if she had to rely on CDs to be in stores to sell her single.

First off, thanks for changing the thread title. ;) 

If you mean by "old" since he's had it part of his set for a while, that doesn't mean it's old. In fact, I agree that we know it existed back in June of last year, but songs and artists just don't explode over night. (Well, for the most part). It's possible that he posted it back in June to get some attention with no intention of it going anywhere. Quite possibly, he submitted it to Madonna or someone in her camp sometime back.

I honestly don't know what to think, but part of me wants it to be connected to her. Isn't it possible the reason she isn't denying it, because it might be connected to her? And what about the possibility of Madonna releasing an early single to start the ball rolling for her new album. It's not uncommon for artists to do that. These days, it seems it's happening more and more where artists are releasing one or more tracks ahead of the album. To me, that makes sense that way if a song does catch, people will buy the single and hopefully after much hype from the successful singles the album will sell. Seems logical to me.

Yes, he could've submitted it to her, but we have no reason to think he did. I think that's part of the conspiracy theory now, its all speculation. People were saying that the single/album were coming at the end of may, didn't happen, then it was happening first week of June, didn't happen, then it was happening on June 10, didn't happen. Now it's supposed to happen on friday. 

And I'd find it sad that she would be releasing a song without any of her input in it musically, since it's the same exact track.... though she's kinda done that in recent years, buying demos and re-recording vocals... woops. 

:Madonna033:

It's not like with Music where she took an already existing instrumental and reworked it A TON with Mirwais and then it became this whole other thing.

Several things here...

Why would Billboard showcase an old track, out of the blue ?

Also, Kleinenberg may be a dance legend for people who follow the DJ scene, but Billboard isn't an edgy media, it's more mainstream than anything else. Talking about a shape shifting dance legend very few know about wouldn't give them much credibility at the end of the day.

If it has nothing to do with Madonna, either she or her staff AND Billboard should deny it. Yet again, nothing has been clearly stated about this yet.

As for her still being in the studio : in this day and age, why would that prevent her from releasing a track ? It's not as if she had to rely on CDs to be in stores to sell her single.

Billboard would showcase it because it was about to be released. Yes its kinda old but still unreleased. I'm sure Spinnin/Kleinenberg paid for that article. He is not unknown though, he has remixed a lot of popular artists.

Billboard doesn't have much credibility, they have posted innacurate, misleading info before..

They are the ones after all that said Madonna would be out of the business in 6 months.  :lol:

I'm not saying there isn't a 1% chance of it being her, but I'm just saying, let's not go nuts over it because right now, the chances are SO slim!

Drowned Madonna was right about her still being in the studio and no one knew that, so they might be right about the snippet too.

I take what most sources including fan sites, with a grain of salt anymore.  It seems anyone can post a blog or info that they have a friend of of a friend that knows something. I think this time around, it's much harder since she ditched Warners. A lot of these fan sites, lost their sources then.

As for the song, I just can't see why anyone can say it isn't 100% her anymore than say it is 100% her.

Also, I can't see Billboard hyping a song from some DJ who isn't really that known and then tie the name "Dance legend" to him. I avoid trying to go for conspiracies, but I have my opinions and it is a fact that Madonna is known for having the most Billboard Dance #1 songs. And "Shape shifting" to me means, someone who has changed many times, rather just dress up as a dog.

For me, this is someone more known than a DJ. It may not be Madonna, but it's got to be someone bigger than some random DJ that most people have no idea who he is.

Billboard is a lot more reliable than most music sources. And what they posted was a teaser. They didn't post anything that wasn't a fact. They never said it was Madonna. So I can't discredit Billboard as being unreliable, since it is the fans who have assumed it is Madonna.

well I wouldn't say they are unreliable for wording the article in a misleading way, but I do think they're stupid, though not as much as when Bill Werde was editorial director. 

They also posted the Mariah album would be a surprise release and it turned out not to be I think...

well I wouldn't say they are unreliable for wording the article in a misleading way, but I do think they're stupid, though not as much as when Bill Werde was editorial director. 

They also posted the Mariah album would be a surprise release and it turned out not to be I think...

Well, I don't follow them enough to know what they have or haven't posted correctly. Though, I've noticed a lot of reputable publications have become victim of gossip and wrong info these days.

I will say this regarding new Madonna music. I have no issue in her releasing a single anytime soon, and I'm not opposed to her taking a liking to this "We-R-Superstar" track and making it something more.  It's not like she is known to compose her own music. Since the beginning of her career, she's relied on other musicians to create a backing track for her, while she writes the lyrics and offer any changes in the structure of the song, etc. I think with the internet age, it's much easier for us to get info and hear things way in advance, then in the past. Certainly, on a number of her past albums, she's had producers give her tracks they've had created long before she was in the studio.

Well, I don't follow them enough to know what they have or haven't posted correctly. Though, I've noticed a lot of reputable publications have become victim of gossip and wrong info these days.

I will say this regarding new Madonna music. I have no issue in her releasing a single anytime soon, and I'm not opposed to her taking a liking to this "We-R-Superstar" track and making it something more.  It's not like she is known to compose her own music. Since the beginning of her career, she's relied on other musicians to create a backing track for her, while she writes the lyrics and offer any changes in the structure of the song, etc. I think with the internet age, it's much easier for us to get info and hear things way in advance, then in the past. Certainly, on a number of her past albums, she's had producers give her tracks they've had created long before she was in the studio.

Billboard was dethroning her a couple of years ago. I don't like 'em. 

What you say is true, it could be her

But the fact that the release is the same original track and it's being released on a label not at all associated with Madonna plus she being still in the studio plus that we seem to know a ton of people who have collaborated with her and Sander is not included, it all adds up to it not being her imho. All the points have buts and ifs, it's just that in summation the odds go way down.

About the Billboard thing : they mentioned having had to beg for the preview clip.

Why would they do that - therefore mention it - about sombody no one knows about ?

That to me is just an angle they gave the article, ovbiously they're not gonna write it like "this person paid us to write this article so here's a snippet of their work". It's just to add to the hype. Promotion.

That to me is just an angle they gave the article, ovbiously they're not gonna write it like "this person paid us to write this article so here's a snippet of their work". It's just to add to the hype. Promotion.

Still, it's kind of risky for them to create such hype and end up publishing an unknown DJ's track.

Madonna or not, this must be some sort of build up for a big name in the music industry.

About the Billboard thing : they mentioned having had to beg for the preview clip.

Why would they do that - therefore mention it - about sombody no one knows about ?

My thoughts, which again tells me that it has to be someone who has been around for quite some time. I can't imagine a DJ that isn't very well known to the public they would have to "beg". Furthermore, being they are about charts, I would think they would be speaking of some artist that has charted with them.

I personally think they purposely worded the teaser to leave people wondering. I believe the intention was to stir up this huge debacle. Madonna isn't the only artist being tied to this. Meanwhile, the song seems to be gaining more popularity. Kudos to whomever is behind this.