DL: The Celebration Tour AO VIVO COPACABANA [unaltered feed without translator]

1 hour ago, MadOnHer said:

So it sounds like the 8 gig file is the best we have so far overall? 

Can anyone recommend the best amateur/audience recording so far?

Definitely YES, IMHO the 8 GB is the best version, because it has 5.1 undubbed audio, and even if it is 8 GB vs. 13 GB weight, the video quality looks the same, plus it has complete Bob intro and final credits. I'm gonna add chapters to that file and keep it until we have a better rip (it that's possible) with no glitches at NRM, Rain, etc.

Edit:
The 5.1 audio track in the 8 GB file is NOT real 5.1, but stereo plus 4 empty tracks.
So.......... aborted mission... or we stick to the stereo track -for now-.

B1vTfqVf_o.jpg

7 minutes ago, Bermu said:

Definitely YES, IMHO the 8 GB is the best version, because it has 5.1 undubbed audio, and even if it is 8 GB vs. 13 GB weight, the video quality looks the same, plus it has complete Bob intro and final credits. I'm gonna add chapters to that file and keep it until we have a better rip (it that's possible) with no glitches at NRM, Rain, etc.

Could you upload it to Google Drive, please? MEGA isn't working for me. 🥲

Posted (edited)

I pulled the AC3 track apart.  It's fake. 

It's stereo in a 5.1 container.  Also, the 5.1 aac in the 13.9gb (while also being real 5.1) is also less compressed than the ac3 from the 8gb.  The 13.9 is still the best, even though it's slightly cut and has translation.  You'd have to Frankenstein the two cuts together to make it more complete. 

Edited by IndyMLVC
Clarification (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, thelament said:

I'm working on my "remaster" mentioned earlier in the thread, but while I was replacing the 5.1 dubbed speeches with 2.0 stream I looked a bit closer at the 5.1 track and am now doing some more work than expected :)
It seems the Left and Right channels have most of the stage audio (e.g. backing tracks, mic feed) whereas the Center channel mixes that with audience sounds and (what seems to be) a louder mic feed.

The L & R surround channels seem to be audio from mics placed further out in the audience which causes a slight delay on audience cheering and reactions, just like in real life cause of how sound travels distances, just that it throws u off a bit when you're watching the stage in real-time.

Watching the file on my surround system, I felt like the 5.1 mix washed out the music a lot and was very unbalanced compared to the more streamlined stereo mix. So I'm putting more emphasis on the front L & R channels, as well as mixing them over a bit into the C channel, turning down the volume of as well as moving the surround channels a few frames/seconds back so the delay is less apparent and more natural to us watching the stage action.

There are two 5.1 tracks in the 13 GB file, seems the second is the same as this one (the first 5.1 track in the file is the true surround mix, the second seems to be just a stereo mixdown + 3 empty channels).

Other changes I'm doing:

• Minor image adjustments for the entire video so the broadcast looks slightly less washed than it does currently, to make the colors pop a bit etc. I'm with all the folx complaining about the occasional pixelation but that's a bit difficult to get around. Grading will help a bit though! :)
  • Adding some visuals to the malfunctioning Bedtime Story cube (mostly cropped footage from either the side screens or fan footage from earlier dates) so it does the staging justice and doesn't look awkward.
  • Bob's mic feed is super low volume when he's telling the Garage rules during Holiday so I'll dub his voice over best I can with sound from a previous date.

I'll try to be quick!

There's a rerun of the concert next weekend. 

Thank you all for your blazing fast work on remasters, decluttering what's correct and useless about formats, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong but there is a stereo track in 5.1 container, so as long as we don't have one of our more knowledgable members who have the decency to rip the SAT feed from next week's re-run, we won't get the stems anytime soon.

5 minutes ago, MCL_1993 said:

Thank you all for your blazing fast work on remasters, decluttering what's correct and useless about formats, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong but there is a stereo track in 5.1 container, so as long as we don't have one of our more knowledgable members who have the decency to rip the SAT feed from next week's re-run, we won't get the stems anytime soon.

You don't get "stems" from a broadcast feed.  Stems are what is used to create the final mix.  The 5.1 aac track is, most likely, what was shown on TV.  The mix is done live, in the moment, from all of the mics from the feed as well as placed around the stadium.  Like it or not, that's probably what was broadcast and won't be changed unless these files are used to create the theoretical "final" version.  However, it also depends on how it's being captured.  If it's a straight rip, it's less compressed (both video and audio) which will help, especially with all the strobe and lighting effects that occur during a concert.  However, that's much harder to do and I don't trust any lay person to be able to do it.

3 minutes ago, IndyMLVC said:

You don't get "stems" from a broadcast feed.  Stems are what is used to create the final mix.  The 5.1 aac track is, most likely, what was shown on TV.  The mix is done live, in the moment, from all of the mics from the feed as well as placed around the stadium.  Like it or not, that's probably what was broadcast and won't be changed unless these files are used to create the theoretical "final" version.  However, it also depends on how it's being captured.  If it's a straight rip, it's less compressed (both video and audio) which will help, especially with all the strobe and lighting effects that occur during a concert.  However, that's much harder to do and I don't trust any lay person to be able to do it.

Sorry, but we've had the Jimmy Fallon stems from the Satellite feed so it's not out of the ordinary for me to ask someone who has the equipment to rip the single tracks. And also, trying not too sound too much like a total prick here, but I know a thing or two about production but there are people on here who just know so much more than I do

1 minute ago, MCL_1993 said:

Sorry, but we've had the Jimmy Fallon stems from the Satellite feed so it's not out of the ordinary for me to ask someone who has the equipment to rip the single tracks. And also, trying not too sound too much like a total prick here, but I know a thing or two about production but there are people on here who just know so much more than I do

If you know a thing or two about production, then you would know that a "stem" is the original audio track for the mix.

If you want the CHANNEL (ie, front left, front right, sub, etc) from a 5.1 mix, you'd want a channel.  Not a stem.

1 minute ago, IndyMLVC said:

If you know a thing or two about production, then you would know that a "stem" is the original audio track for the mix.

If you want the CHANNEL (ie, front left, front right, sub, etc) from a 5.1 mix, you'd want a channel.  Not a stem.

Ok. Thank you

Let me put it a little differently: don't school me, I know this stuff. I just asked politely and didn't wanna sound like my direct ancestors were neanderthals. Ofc I know stems but if we can't rip them, a center channel and a good AI extract of the vocals would be the best alternative.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, MCL_1993 said:

don't school me, I know this stuff.

I mean...clearly you don't.  I just schooled you.  You thought a channel and a stem are the same thing when they're not.

A channel is made from the stems. And, before you ask, a mix is made up of channels.

Edited by IndyMLVC (see edit history)

1 hour ago, thelament said:

I'm working on my "remaster" mentioned earlier in the thread, but while I was replacing the 5.1 dubbed speeches with 2.0 stream I looked a bit closer at the 5.1 track and am now doing some more work than expected :)
It seems the Left and Right channels have most of the stage audio (e.g. backing tracks, mic feed) whereas the Center channel mixes that with audience sounds and (what seems to be) a louder mic feed.

The L & R surround channels seem to be audio from mics placed further out in the audience which causes a slight delay on audience cheering and reactions, just like in real life cause of how sound travels distances, just that it throws u off a bit when you're watching the stage in real-time.

Watching the file on my surround system, I felt like the 5.1 mix washed out the music a lot and was very unbalanced compared to the more streamlined stereo mix. So I'm putting more emphasis on the front L & R channels, as well as mixing them over a bit into the C channel, turning down the volume of as well as moving the surround channels a few frames/seconds back so the delay is less apparent and more natural to us watching the stage action.

There are two 5.1 tracks in the 13 GB file, seems the second is the same as this one (the first 5.1 track in the file is the true surround mix, the second seems to be just a stereo mixdown + 3 empty channels).

Other changes I'm doing:

• Minor image adjustments for the entire video so the broadcast looks slightly less washed than it does currently, to make the colors pop a bit etc. I'm with all the folx complaining about the occasional pixelation but that's a bit difficult to get around. Grading will help a bit though! :)
  • Adding some visuals to the malfunctioning Bedtime Story cube (mostly cropped footage from either the side screens or fan footage from earlier dates) so it does the staging justice and doesn't look awkward.
  • Bob's mic feed is super low volume when he's telling the Garage rules during Holiday so I'll dub his voice over best I can with sound from a previous date.

I'll try to be quick!

omg THANK YOU!

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

We never got official release for Madame x tour ( except the precious vinyl 🙄 ) I’m not expecting this so at least we have an unedited show with no fast cutting 😘

Madame X tour is not Celebration Tour though. Just saying...

1 hour ago, thelament said:

Other changes I'm doing:

I'll try to be quick!

The fact that fans come up with better production value literally 2 days after the tour wrapped than a whole team that works on it for over half a year is baffling to me.

2 hours ago, Bermu said:

Edit:
The 5.1 audio track in the 8 GB file is NOT real 5.1, but stereo plus 4 empty tracks.
So.......... aborted mission... or we stick to the stereo track -for now-.

B1vTfqVf_o.jpg

Thank you for the explanation!

One more question: So both the 5.5 gig file and the 8 gig file have DD 2.0 audio and both are non-dubbed? Which audio would you then say is the best quality of the two? 

5 minutes ago, MadOnHer said:

Thank you for the explanation!

One more question: So both the 5.5 gig file and the 8 gig file have DD 2.0 audio and both are non-dubbed? Which audio would you then say is the best quality of the two? 

Not OP but the 5 gig would be better.  The 8 gig has probably been re-encoded.

There's a "new" encode on torrents now.

Madonna - Celebration Tour  - Final Show in Rio (Globo) HDTV H264 1080i DD5.1-ilya2129 - 13.6gb

This one is the same creator as the 8 gig one (ilya2129) but has a different length - the 8gb one is 2:17:57 and the 13.6gb one is 2:14:27.

The 8gb one has a fake 5.1 and this new 13.6gb one has the 2.0 first and 5.1 second.  It is dubbed.

1 hour ago, IndyMLVC said:

Not OP but the 5 gig would be better.  The 8 gig has probably been re-encoded.

I don't think the 8 GB has been re-encoded. It has AC3 5.1 audio with a higher bitrate (even if it has only 2 channels with sound), two MP2 stereo audio tracks, and a DVB subtitles track. It seems to be a direct grab from TV, specifically MultiShow channel.

Anyway, we should wait for the Saturday's rebroadcast, because all the versions have sooo many audio glitches...

14 minutes ago, James Lyden said:

I have downloaded, extracted and remastered the audio from the highest quality stream. 

Bass/treble has been adjusted to make the sound more clear and 'live'. 

There are some bigger quality issues later in the stream where the audio cuts, however I have repaired the cut during 'Nothing Really Matters'.

Audio ready for iTunes with artwork. 

Let me know what you think.... and ENJOY!

Hidden Content

Hey, thank you very much for this!!! I have to ask yet another time, pushing my luck here but do intend to give us (me) a version that has less live feel to it and that boosts the vocals? Maybe… please!!! If it's not too much of a hassle and you have the project file at hand