Rio de Janeiro live May 4, 2024

1 hour ago, True Blue 84 said:

Now lets compare that video to one of the fan recordings, scroll on to holliday and listen to " And bring back all of those happy days" 

In the video above, the original live broadcast it's " And bring back all of those happy daaaaaaaaays " and sounding super polished... 

Now listen to a fan recording of that same part of the song, she sings it just as its suposed to be, " And bring back all of those happy days" not " daaaaaaaaays "... thats why in the video above it seems like she's lipsyncing because she cuts her mic of to early for the over polished " daaaaays " when in the moment it's she was not lipsyncing, at least singing over a backing track... 

So please explain to me what that note is?. It's definitely not the backing track imo because it sounds way different to me if i listen to the backing vocals from this part on other dates. 

It's pretty much confirmed that they used vocals from other concerts. Maybe when they did not have time to autotune her voice, they replaced them and they did not check. In Don't Tell Me, when she kisses her daughter, her voice continues and it didn't sound like backing vocals to me.

(The video has timestamp of the moment I'm mentioning, if you press play it plays that moment)

In this video, if you watch the screens, her voice stops when she kisses her daughter and there's no backing track

3 hours ago, MCL_1993 said:

Please don't kill me as I can't figure out the source anymore.

"You know, I didn't really have a say in that. I approached it in a similar fashion as Stuart did with the previous tours. I took a good rehearsal day and mixed the vocal stem with the soundboard from Argentina but we quickly ran into the issue of her being out of tune a lot during those shows. You need to understand that we were almost at the end of the tour and Madonna's voice wasn't getting enough rest during the south american dates. So, we decided to pitch her speaking voice up a little to mix better with the rehearsals. Then when the label reviewed it, Madonna's tour director requested a clean-up of all the instrumentals we recorded during filming of the footage in Buenos Aires. It was very unfortunate because after that clean-up, everything sounded more studio-esque, which apparently, Madonna aimed for. With our PA system, it was very easy to work on that tour because our sound was very consistent across the board. If we didn't run into issues with the venue or technical stuff screwing us over - which rarely happened, anyway- the show in Berlin would sound just as good as the show in Los Angeles, for instance. I also did a version of the soundboard using stems from shows in which she gave good vocal performances and played it to her but she didn't like it very much. So, at the end of the day, a more artificial sound was preferred over a more rough mix. Sadly, for the audience noise, I had to use stock recordings to get it right sometimes. "

The source comes from your febrile imagination. Too much time on your hands clearly.

Anyway, they simply upped the pre record (which is always there to one extent or another on this tour) for the broadcast mix - a good thing to avoid another Eurovision debacle. Who cares.

3 minutes ago, FraP said:

It's pretty much confirmed that they used vocals from other concerts. Maybe when they did not have time to autotune her voice, they replaced them and they did not check. In Don't Tell Me, when she kisses her daughter, her voice continues and it didn't sound like backing vocals to me.

(The video has timestamp of the moment I'm mentioning)

Exactly! And now compare the Don't tell me you posted to the Don't tell me from the fan recording version 

sounds COMPLETELY different. All that over edited stuff definitely wasn't nececary she sounded just fine as it was... 

5 minutes ago, FraP said:

(The video has timestamp of the moment I'm mentioning, if you press play it plays that moment)

In this video, if you watch the screens, her voice stops when she kisses her daughter and there's no backing track

Being pretty observant, I totally missed the mark on this one. Initially, I figured the vocal-video mismatch was due to the strong backing vocals, but on second look, they're not backing vocals at all. You guys are really sharp!

After checking out the Holiday video and this one: yeah, they've definitely done some autotuning, cranked up the backing vocals, and in spots, swapped out her live vocals with pre-edited recordings.

Pulling all that off in just ten minutes must've been quite the challenge.

3 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Exactly! And now compare the Don't tell me you posted to the Don't tell me from the fan recording version 

sounds COMPLETELY different. All that over edited stuff definitely wasn't nececary she sounded just fine as it was... 

I edited my previous message with this video too with timestamp of the moment I'm mentioning. It's obvious they changed her vocals and it wasn't necessary. I was there, 50 meters from the end of the stage and I saw her and heard her voice. In Don't Tell Me she sounded good. Why did they do this? 😢

2 minutes ago, Lorx said:

Being pretty observant, I totally missed the mark on this one. Initially, I figured the vocal-video mismatch was due to the strong backing vocals, but on second look, they're not backing vocals at all. You guys are really sharp!

After checking out the Holiday video and this one: yeah, they've definitely done some autotuning, cranked up the backing vocals, and in spots, swapped out her live vocals with pre-edited recordings.

Pulling all that off in just ten minutes must've been quite the challenge.

Indeed

But I also noticed they did not autotune Express Yourself. If so, it's possible they did not autotune her live voice, but her live voice of previous performances.

I'll check EY again to see if its like this

I loved the way this was filmed.

The Rio corset/ suit for Vogue was gorgeous. Still giving the girls immediately recognizable drag looks well into her 60's. Whew. 

I got a little emotional thinking how many people who love her but can't afford to see her or just never had the chance got THAT show on a beach with Madonna! And for her, too. Going from nearly dying to this in a few months.

I'm so curious to see what she does next. I selfishly want something new. Not another tour leg.

13 hours ago, stfan97 said:

Fan recording of the full show for those who want live vocals:

@Frank @Enrico

You mean with fan live vocals 😂😂😂
I love how everybody just sings their heart out and you can not hear her at all because 1.6 million people are just louder than the strongest PA system on the southern hemisphere.

58 minutes ago, MCL_1993 said:

You mean with fan live vocals 😂😂😂
I love how everybody just sings their heart out and you can not hear her at all because 1.6 million people are just louder than the strongest PA system on the southern hemisphere.

No one ever said this was great quality. But its clear enough to hear that she was singing live while in the broadcast her vocals where edited. Scroll back and watch the posts about the Holiday performance and Don't tell me. 

In all fan recordings there was no " bring back all of those happy daaaaaaaaays " it was " Bring back all of those happy days " ... This was used to prove our point.  We know it's not a great recording... 

6 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

No one ever said this was great quality. But its clear enough to hear that she was singing live while in the broadcast her vocals where edited. Scroll back and watch the posts about the Holiday performance and Don't tell me. 

In all fan recordings there was no " bring back all of those happy daaaaaaaaays " it was " Bring back all of those happy days " ... This was used to prove our point.  We know it's not a great recording... 

The whole thing annoys the shit out of me,   why the hell can't they broadcast something live without messing about with it.

3 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

This has to be the pinnacle of 'the recipient determines the contents of a message'

I never said that it was bad quality or that I didn't like it…

I… know….!!!!!!!

I have been participating for hours if I may remind you. I didn't trash any of the fancam uploads, didn't spread one word of negativity about them. On the contrary, I remarked how much I loved all the fans' dedication to sing every word loud and clear. :eyesroll:

15 minutes ago, MCL_1993 said:

This has to be the pinnacle of 'the recipient determines the contents of a message'

I never said that it was bad quality or that I didn't like it…

I… know….!!!!!!!

I have been participating for hours if I may remind you. I didn't trash any of the fancam uploads, didn't spread one word of negativity about them. On the contrary, I remarked how much I loved all the fans' dedication to sing every word loud and clear. :eyesroll:

I did not mean it in a attack kind of messege... im sorry if it made you feel that way ❤️

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic