Has Madonna become predictable?

luckystar

On 7/25/2018 at 1:58 PM, anaglyphx said:

2008. Turned 50. Got divorced. Plastic surgery. Adopted kids.

The cultural and business landscape of music completely changed, something she wasn't prepared for. She was stuck in analog while the digital marched on. She left a huge vacuum into which Gaga swooped and stole an entire generation that should have been Madonna's. She's managed to grab every generation since she began until this one which left her feeling insecure to the point where she has to remind everyone "Bitch I'm Madonna"...as well as desperately needing the street cred of the latest rappers.

All to be expected for a midlife crisis. You can't maintain 3 decades of continual success and not be tired. She's exhausted. Hoping her time out in Portugal and Malawi have reminded her of who she is and what she is here for. Her team of nannys do the hardworking of raising kids, she can't use that as an excuse.

And she should just let the business things go, forget the gyms and shoes and face creams...be the music.

"Je suis l'art"

AMEN!!! I would never had said it better and shorter, you hit the nail on the head... and where it hurts: the truth about it. epoynn.gifepoynn.gif

I hope she learns the lesson and sticks to MUSIC. That's what we're all waiting for (and for 3 long years already! 3, maybe 4 in the end). :cute:

Pd: "forget the gyms and shoes and face creams" and I would add the surgery thing, too! Yep! :pray:

And she should just let the business things go, forget the gyms and shoes and face creams...be the music.

:Madonna003:

I don't care if she's predictable or not, she's still releasing albums and I always look forward to them. I know a lot of people slag off MDNA but I love that album still and I like Bitch I'm Madonna song and video.

Madonna has always been around for as long as I can remember, that doesn't sound predictable to me. 

On 7/27/2018 at 3:44 AM, Hampus said:

Personally I do not care the least... I'm interested in music, and could not care less if it sounds like something I have heard before... as long as I like it... it is fine with me.... I've followed Madonna for more than 33 years... I do not need her to reinvent music and style all the time...

Agreed in that I'm more interested in a reinvention of her look rather than the music.

Wow.

While Madonna was recording Erotica, Shep Pettibone suggested some ideas to her to which she replied "Great. Keep them for YOUR own record". As some people will NEVER make a record or have M's career, they can switch the word record for the word  life. 

Bejinhos.

• 2 months later...