Edit History

maddy1111

maddy1111

18 hours ago, scamper said:

I think some people loves it just because it was beginning of her last big years for the general public.

Definitely not true... For example I was a teenage boy when Ray of Light was released and I was disappointed by that album back then since I didn't completely understand the topics she was singing about. At that time I was listening to very simple pop songs by Spice Girls or Britney and couldn't understand why Ray of Light was so weird and different (in terms of music standards at that times.. Pop songs that were charting were so simple in comparison with RoL) 

Actually I started to LOVE RoL much later when I become more mature (maybe before my 30s), and than I finally understood why sooo many fans love it, consider it BEST album by Madonna and one of the greatest pop record. Even for today music standard, it aged pretty well (for example Frozen is timeless song), RoL is just not another "simple" pop album by Madonna, it's a piece of music art. If someone find it boring I can understand, but it's probably just because you expect another pop record by Madonna, but she delivered something more complex.

And I definitely don't care if it was "big year" for Madonna or not. For example I love eras such as Bedtime Stories or Madam X, and those are definitely not "big". From the other side, Like a Virgin era was HuuuuuGE and its my least favorite Madonna album, so I don't really think fans love certain albums just because they are coming from big eras or not 

maddy1111

maddy1111

18 hours ago, scamper said:

I think some people loves it just because it was beginning of her last big years for the general public.

Definitely not true... For example I was a teenage boy when Ray of Light was released and I was disappointed by that album back then since I didn't completely understand the topics she was singing about. At that time I was listening to very simple pop songs by Spice Girls or Britney and couldn't understand why Ray of Light was so weird and different (in terms of music standards at that times.. Pop songs that were charting were so simple in comparison with RoL) 

Actually I started to LOVE RoL much later when I become more mature (maybe before my 30s), and than I finally understood why sooo many fans love it, consider it BEST album by Madonna and one of the greatest pop record. Even for today music standard, it aged pretty well (for example Frozen is timeless song), RoL is just not another "simple" pop album by Madonna, it's a piece of music art. If someone find it boring I can understand, but it's probably just because you expect another pop record by Madonna, but she delivered something more complex.

And I definitely don't care if it was "big year" for Madonna or not. For example I love eras such as Bedtime Stories or Madam X, and those are definitely not "big". From the other side, Like a Virgin era was HuuuuuGE and its my least favorite Madonna album, so I don't really think fans love certain eras just because they were big or not. 

maddy1111

maddy1111

17 hours ago, scamper said:

And I definitely don't care if it was "big year" for Madonna or not. For example I love eras such as Bedtime Stories or Madam X, and those are definitely not "big". 

maddy1111

maddy1111

17 hours ago, scamper said:

Definitely not true... For example I was a teenage boy when Ray of Light was released and I was disappointed by that album back then since I didn't completely understand the topics she was singing about. At that time I was listening to very simple pop songs by Spice Girls or Britney first album and couldn't understand why Raf of Light was so weird and different (in terms of music standards at that times.. Pop songs that were charting were so simple in comparison with RoL) 

Actually I started to LOVE RoL much later when I become more mature (maybe before my 30s), and than I finally understood why some many fans love it, consider it BEST album by Madonna and one of the greatest pop record. Even for today music standard, it aged pretty well (for example Frozen is timeless song), RoL is just not another "simple" pop album by Madonna, it's a piece of music art. If someone find it boring I can understand, but it's probably just because you expect another pop record by Madonna, but she delivered something more complex.

And I definitely don't care if it was "big year" for Madonna or not. For example I love eras such as Bedtime Stories or Madam X, and those are definitely not "big". 

Important Information

Terms of Use