Kim Kardashian and Best Friend Name "Highlighter" After Madonna's "Cherish"

Voguerista

I love this story and why Kim and her best friend chose to name a new highlighter after "Cherish"....

Kim Kardashian shows off the sentimental details that went into the KKW x Allison press box...including a highlighter named after the pair's 'favorite' Madonna song

Her highly anticipated collection in collaboration with longtime bestie Allison Statter for KKW Beauty is scheduled to drop on August 28.

And Kim Kardashian treated fans to a 'walk through' of the KKW x Allison press box, which was drenched in a plethora of personal touches, including photos of the pair from their youth.

On her Instagram Story, the 39-year-old KUWTK star revealed that one of the highlighters in the collection was named after the pair's favorite Madonna song Cherish.

'Cherish is a really special story,' began Kardashian. 'It's our favorite song. I'd say that's like OUR song together. And, you know, that's a Madonna's song.'

The KKW Beauty founder went on to recall the special memory her and Allison share regarding the iconic track.  

'Allison's parents had a house in Malibu and I slept over one night and on the beach we wake up in the morning and hear the song Cherish over and over.

'And we look outside and Herb Ritts is shooting Madonna on the beach in front of [Allison's] house, shooting the Cherish video,' revealed Kim.

She said that her and Allison 'went outside and got to witness the entire' music video being shot.

'And at my first Met Ball, I told Madonna that story and I was so excited about it and it is so cool that I got to see my favorite song...a music video being shot for it...with my favorite person Allison,' concluded Kardashian. 

The KKW x Allison's sentimental PR package comes in a box shaped like an envelope that features the address of the friend duo's favorite clothing store, Camp Beverly Hills.

Guest DeeperDeeper
Just now, cake said:

That's just lovely. Too bad M has adamantly disliked the song since day 1

Is that true? I can't see M putting a hated song on an album like LAP and also performing it live on BAT when she could have easily performed another song like True Blue with the harp and mermen. 

In a 1989 interview with Molly Meldrum M said about Cherish, “I mean like it. I think it’s a very catchy, sweet song and I almost didn’t put it on the album because I thought thematically I felt it was the black sheep.”

Ok, she wasn't really dissing Cherish back then, but she has since called the song retarded.

3 hours ago, Voguerista said:

'And at my first Met Ball, I told Madonna that story and I was so excited about it and it is so cool that I got to see my favorite song...a music video being shot for it...with my favorite person Allison,' concluded Kardashian. 

madonna after hearing that story

tumblr_mojrxmKCdY1qesfbao1_250.gif

There are always these assumptions that Madonna hates certain songs of hers because she doesn’t perform them. She is even said to have hated Crazy for You back in the day. She’s expressed dislike for Into the Groove and Material Girl yet has recently performed them. I think she changes her mind on things or has made flippant comments over the years. I do recall her mentioning Cherish more recently, I think it was the 2012 Fallon interview. I’m sure she will one day perform it again.