23.2K votes

I've never heard that song.

37%

18.2K votes

I like that song.

16%

7,603 votes

I don't like that song.

Fascinating - out of the previous 24 I don't think any had "I have never heard this song" as the top result except Soul For Real's "Candy Rain".

This is one of the consequences for Madonna's repeated neglect of her back catalogue... it has resulted in a generation(s) not knowing who she is or her impact upon music history

I mean, I guess I'll be damned by what I'm about to say, but I mean no harm. 

I was born in 1995. I became aware of Madonna around 2002 when I was 7 because I heard "Music" on TV. I started following her then but more strongly from 2005 onwards. I've deeply known her catalogue for about a decade now. 

In 1994, I guess in spite of the #1 hit she still suffered from antipathy from "Karens" due to the "Sex" and "Erotica" debacle. Maybe fans wouldn't comprehend the hysteria her sexual approach caused outside our bubbles. I know for a fact of two people that couldn't hear Madonna at home otherwise they'd get beaten.

I've heard this song was not a classic outside America either. She's not the first song people remember after hearing her name. I've seen people chanting "Sorry," but not "Take a Bow". That and all the neglection of her catalogue brings us to a scenario where she no longer seems to sovereign. That's weird to think about. 

Was this poll WW? I mean it can't just be for America, TAB got massive -I say- massive airplay and it still gets played on the radio 

Also, I guess it's just youngsters the ones going on Buzzf (or that's what they want people to assume at least ? ) as the new generations think nothing existed before they were born ?

19 hours ago, PWCCA said:

This is one of the consequences for Madonna's repeated neglect of her back catalogue... it has resulted in a generation(s) not knowing who she is or her impact upon music history

Everyone whose a teenager or above knows who she is,  a lot of people don't know most of her hits and definitely don't know her impact on pop culture

I'll give you that much

15 hours ago, Ian said:

Was this poll WW? I mean it can't just be for America, TAB got massive -I say- massive airplay and it still gets played on the radio 

Also, I guess it's just youngsters the ones going on Buzzf (or that's what they want people to assume at least ? ) as the new generations think nothing existed before they were born ?

It's Buzzfeed so it's definitely worldwide

At the time TAB spent something like 11 weeks at #1 on the US airplay chart and was one of the most played songs in US radio HISTORY

The video was also in heavy rotation on MTV and VH1 and moderate rotation on BET