Edit History

50ft Queenie

50ft Queenie

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

I find the idea of ending at ROL Grammys the most un-Madonna idea ever and quite dumb (no offense). Madonna has never placed value in awards, much less the Grammys. Also by the time the film is released in 2023, 1998 will have been 25 years. Not only did she have bigger hits after 1998, her personal life would also have changed drastically. She's always been the underdog and fought sexism that showing her life in her 50s/60s would be a much better full circle moment especially involving her work in Malawi and her fight against AIDS there along with ageism. Showing her friends dying of AIDS in the 80s/90s then her continuing that is a very personal and a common theme in her music.

Yeah but do they really have enough space in a two hour movie to cover that big of a time period? I would prefer narrower focus that is actually quality story telling rather than trying to cram too much information into a single movie which will make everything feel disjointed.

50ft Queenie

50ft Queenie

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

I find the idea of ending at ROL Grammys the most un-Madonna idea ever and quite dumb (no offense). Madonna has never placed value in awards, much less the Grammys. Also by the time the film is released in 2023, 1998 will have been 25 years. Not only did she have bigger hits after 1998, her personal life would also have changed drastically. She's always been the underdog and fought sexism that showing her life in her 50s/60s would be a much better full circle moment especially involving her work in Malawi and her fight against AIDS there along with ageism. Showing her friends dying of AIDS in the 80s/90s then her continuing that is a very personal and a common theme in her music.

Yeah but do they really have enough time in a two hour movie to cover that big of a time period? I would prefer narrower focus that is actually quality story telling rather than trying to cram too much information into a single movie which will make everything feel disjointed.

Important Information

Terms of Use