Edit History

the queen

the queen

52 minutes ago, Karma said:

I...did not expect so many negative reactions in this thread.

I thought the opening sequence was brilliant. The nod to New York City, the classic "$35 dollars and a dream" story and watching all those iconic videos displayed at once in Times Square really put into context everything she has achieved in the past 40 years. It dawned on me that it will never be another megastar like Madonna and once again, it remind me of the sheer magnitude of her legacy.

As for the actual appearance, I respect that she took the time out of her day to give MTV some credit. The cheering from the Gen Z crowd - that most definitely wasn't old enough to experience her peak - was almost like a victory lap. They might not know much about her career but they sure know she is a living legend.

And there she is, four decades later, still dressed in typical Madonna fashion, only older and more experienced. She's no longer 'like a virgin' but a seasoned industry veteran. Not an ambitious 'lucky star' but an indisputable icon. It made me feel weirdly nostalgic and I'm so grateful to still have her around because the thought of a world without Madonna is sad. Having Cyndi in the same building only added up to the nostalgia, even when admittedly I wasn't old enough to experience the 80s.

I expected most fans to recognize the cultural importance of this 40th career anniversary but instead, most comments go from off topic criticism (the quality of her music in the past 10 years) to personal attacks (divorce did a number on her, her lack of confidence, her plastic surgery) and plain offensive assumptions (she is a raging alcoholic or has a drug problem because of her Instagram posts).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should all be sycophants "Yasss Queen"-ing at her every move move but you know what year is it? It's 2021. Madonna is not longer a chart-topping pop star but a legacy act. She’s one of the few lucky survivors from the MTV era. From now on, physically demanding tours will be more infrequent and her brand will mostly focus on celebrating her past achievements, with only occasional new music for her niche fanbase.

I think holding her up to the same standards from 15-20 years ago is not only ridiculous but unfair. Our girl is older now. Of course she will have insecurities as an ageing sex symbol in the limelight but I don’t think she has changed that much on the inside, actually. She's still provocative and polarizing. She still refuses to be what society expects her to be. She's still passionate as ever about her newest projects. And I think that ageing on her own terms will be her last powerful statement.

If you think about it, her outfit looks straight out of the Erotica era and her attention-getting ways are no different than the bratty 31 year old woman from Truth Or Dare. But I guess for some fans that behavior doesn’t look as appealing now that Madonna is 63. Too much for society being more open-minded and progressive.

The problem is that fans' negative reactions do not come from what you listed.

Yes. You're right. Opening sequence was good. But my (and many fans) problem is not the concept of video. Yes. Concept was not bad at all.

Real problem is her face in that video. I mean it is not live streaming. It was filmed at few days ago. It means they have plenty time for editing it. But they choose her worst angle and make her looks like movie saw's jigsaw. And the worst part is that Madonna herself approved it to broadcast.

And about her appearance and outfit. Yes we all agree that it was nice. No one blame it. 

So many negative reactions are not from her appearance or outfit itself! I would love it and praise it if her butt was normal. I mean if her butt is same and looks like natural as rebel heart tour (before that clown meltdown). If she didn't do ridiculous butt job then I'm the one shouthing "Yasssss Queen! Go girl!! Yes wear whatever you want! you looks so beautiful and fierce!!! age is just number! Yes go girl!!".

But look at her butt!

Is that really looks great to you?

It just sad....I mean how can we blame people with negative opinion about her unnatural and ugly huge butt?

We are not blind. sigh..

the queen

the queen

43 minutes ago, Karma said:

I thought the opening sequence was brilliant. The nod to New York City, the classic "$35 dollars and a dream" story and watching all those iconic videos displayed at once in Times Square really put into context everything she has achieved in the past 40 years. It dawned on me that it will never be another megastar like Madonna and once again, it remind me of the sheer magnitude of her legacy.

As for the actual appearance, I respect that she took the time out of her day to give MTV some credit. The cheering from the Gen Z crowd - that most definitely wasn't old enough to experience her peak - was almost like a victory lap. They might not know much about her career but they sure know she is a living legend.

And there she is, four decades later, still dressed in typical Madonna fashion, only older and more experienced. She's no longer 'like a virgin' but a seasoned industry veteran. Not an ambitious 'lucky star' but an indisputable icon. It made me feel weirdly nostalgic and I'm so grateful to still have her around because the thought of a world without Madonna is sad. Having Cyndi in the same building only added up to the nostalgia, even when admittedly I wasn't old enough to experience the 80s.

I expected most fans to recognize the cultural importance of this 40th career anniversary but instead, most comments go from off topic criticism (the quality of her music in the past 10 years) to personal attacks (divorce did a number on her, her lack of confidence, her plastic surgery) and plain offensive assumptions (she is a raging alcoholic or has a drug problem because of her Instagram posts).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should all be sycophants "Yasss Queen"-ing at her every move move but you know what year is it? It's 2021. Madonna is not longer a chart-topping pop star but a legacy act. She’s one of the few lucky survivors from the MTV era. From now on, physically demanding tours will be more infrequent and her brand will mostly focus on celebrating her past achievements, with only occasional new music for her niche fanbase.

I think holding her up to the same standards from 15-20 years ago is not only ridiculous but unfair. Our girl is older now. Of course she will have insecurities as an ageing sex symbol in the limelight but I don’t think she has changed that much on the inside, actually. She's still provocative and polarizing. She still refuses to be what society expects her to be. She's still passionate as ever about her newest projects. And I think that ageing on her own terms will be her last powerful statement.

If you think about it, her outfit looks straight out of the Erotica era and her attention-getting ways are no different than the bratty 31 year old woman from Truth Or Dare. But I guess for some fans that behavior doesn’t look as appealing now that Madonna is 63. Too much for society being more open-minded and progressive.

Yes. You're right. Opening sequence was good. But my (and many fans) problem is not the concept of video. Yes. Concept was not bad at all.

Real problem is her face in that video. I mean it is not live streaming. It was filmed at few days ago. It means they have plenty time for editing it. But they choose her worst angle and make her looks like movie saw's jigsaw. And the worst part is that Madonna herself approved it to broadcast.

And about her appearance and outfit. Yes we all agree that it was nice. No one blame it. 

So many negative reactions are not from her appearance or outfit itself! I would love it and praise it if her butt was normal. I mean if her butt is same and looks like natural as rebel heart tour (before that crown meltdown). If she didn't do ridiculous butt job then I'm the one shouthing "Yasssss Queen! Go girl!! Yes wear whatever you want! you looks so beautiful and fierce!!! age is just number! Yes go girl!!".

But look at her butt!

It just sad....I mean how can we blame people with negative opinion about her unnatural and ugly huge butt?

We are not blind. sigh..

the queen

the queen

37 minutes ago, Karma said:

So many negative reactions are not from her appearance or outfit itself! I would love it and praise it if her butt was normal. I mean if her butt is same and looks like natural as rebel heart tour (before that crown meltdown). If she didn't do ridiculous butt job then I'm the one shouthing "Yasssss Queen! Go girl!! Yes wear whatever you want! you looks so beautiful and fierce!!! age is just number! Yes go girl!!".

But look at her butt!

We are not blind. sigh.

Important Information

Terms of Use