The Official M new Music SPECULATION thread 👑

nikolica

6 hours ago, maddy1111 said:

That's not how music world (and charts) works today in streaming era. Yes, Madonna is the biggest selling female singer of history, but she did it in a completely different era. 

If she wants to have a proper hit, she would need a collab. Unless she wants to give us another Living for Love, we fans are going to bop, but otherwise song will go unnoticed with general public. But we got that with the last 3 albums, so... I guess it's time to level up to current trends if we want to see her having another global hit. 

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

On the back of Popular being her most streamed song (it is still getting over a 1.5 million plays every day on Spotify), your argument is dead in the water. Like it or not, there will be more collabs, you'll just have to get used to the fact.

I get it, but the thing even with all those collabs (exept Popular) she didn't have a real hit, nor was played on the radio. Even Popular hasn't been played on radio here in France. So in the end, feat or not they refuse to play her and give her the exposure she deserves, so...

Radio is pretty irrelevant these days no? By any measure Popular has done very well and given it's still one of The Weeknd's most-played songs, it clearly wasn't just cos it was a Weeknd single. 

I think all any of us can hope for from a new Madonna album is that she makes music she loves. If she works with other artists and it sounds great, who cares?

5 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

I get it, but the thing even with all those collabs (exept Popular) she didn't have a real hit, nor was played on the radio. Even Popular hasn't been played on radio here in France. So in the end, feat or not they refuse to play her and give her the exposure she deserves, so...

Well, charts are not made by radio plays these days, so... 

On 4/22/2024 at 3:27 AM, sara94 said:

First - Living for Love deserved to be HUGE it is such a great song the house beats with the sheer grit and emotive optimism I really wished was a bigger hit than what it was it deserved to be number 1....Girl Gone Wild also I feel was a number 1 that got away from us GMAYL was destined to be huge I feel but sadly leaks and free gift sales stopped it climbing charts ....like it felt like self sabotage MDNA deserved better so Rebel Heart could've flown 

Gutting so so gutting 

Padam Padam proved though a solo hit can work with the right song with Kylie last summer 

But time will tell 

Taylor Swift in the UK sold 270,000 this week nearly matching Madonna's confessions first week sales of 280,000 in the UK 19 years ago! Though 90,000 sales are CD/Pure sales the rest is streaming, vinyl, cassette combined whereas Confessions did it pure sale ...Taylor wishes with that bland album -_- 

45 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

First - Living for Love deserved to be HUGE it is such a great song the house beats with the sheer grit and emotive optimism I really wished was a bigger hit than what it was it deserved to be number 1....Girl Gone Wild also I feel was a number 1 that got away from us GMAYL was destined to be huge I feel but sadly leaks and free gift sales stopped it climbing charts ....like it felt like self sabotage MDNA deserved better so Rebel Heart could've flown 

Gutting so so gutting 

Padam Padam proved though a solo hit can work with the right song with Kylie last summer 

But time will tell 

Taylor Swift in the UK sold 270,000 this week nearly matching Madonna's confessions first week sales of 280,000 in the UK 19 years ago! Though 90,000 sales are CD/Pure sales the rest is streaming, vinyl, cassette combined whereas Confessions did it pure sale ...Taylor wishes with that bland album -_- 

I agree with almost all of this :thumbsup:

What's taking me to write is especially the HUGE love and sense of underrating I feel about Living for love, with the Avicii's dance Rebel Heart version, a pure Madonna classic. Those were songs that - released just a few years before - would have had the stature of Ray of light, Music or Hung Up. 

About Swift, you know, let's see when these kids will become grown ups if she'll be able to convince a second and then a third generation (what M was doing with the Confessions massive success  :smokey:) 

@sara94 I don't expect a Rio announcement honestly, maybe just the Max Martin new track. But I'm SURE she's got a good album in the works wich will see the light of the day quite soon, in a one year time at most (wich means announcement in the early 2025 for a spring release: just the time to produce the Celebration Tour doc or official BR).

22 hours ago, stefo said:

I agree with almost all of this :thumbsup:

What's taking me to write is especially the HUGE love and sense of underrating I feel about Living for love, with the Avicii's dance Rebel Heart version, a pure Madonna classic. Those were songs that - released just a few years before - would have had the stature of Ray of light, Music or Hung Up. 

About Swift, you know, let's see when these kids will become grown ups if she'll be able to convince a second and then a third generation (what M was doing with the Confessions massive success  :smokey:) 

@sara94 I don't expect a Rio announcement honestly, maybe just the Max Martin new track. But I'm SURE she's got a good album in the works wich will see the light of the day quite soon, in a one year time at most (wich means announcement in the early 2025 for a spring release: just the time to produce the Celebration Tour doc or official BR).

Oh absolutely I was merely pointing out Madonna did it huge sales in the UK first week with it confessions era with authentic sales not all this combined stuff of today which imo is cheating 

And agreed I just wish Rebel Heart she ignored the leaks and put the whole two disc album out there 42 songs in their original edit for us all to enjoy REBEL HEART would be respected as a modern classic in pop music fully I feel if her and her team were on it quickly genuinely could've nailed it massively that era 

Well she’s just making around 2 million a night for this tour (as per calculations of earlier contacts and info that has transpired over the years) so she can easily churn a new album and tour it in a few years time when she and the market has rested 

She has won a ton of new fans with this tour and made a tone of amazing publicity for herself 

22 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Well she’s just making around 2 million a night for this tour (as per calculations of earlier contacts and info that has transpired over the years) so she can easily churn a new album and tour it in a few years time when she and the market has rested 

She has won a ton of new fans with this tour and made a tone of amazing publicity for herself 

Has she got new fans from the tour ?! That's great if that's the case 

In Confessions she accessed new listeners, whilst divided fandom Hard Candy and MDNA she managed to attract new audiences to her too ....and I feel from 2012-2023 she hasn't really harnessed a new audience outside of hardcore fandom which is why it's felt she's not fully transitioned well in the streaming trending age as we would've hoped she would have 

With the tour hopefully that'll help branch into the next album era ?! It's been a long time and music feels so uninspired regardless of streams or sales or whatever if Madonna released MDNA today it would sound more energetic and frantic than anything getting out out today it all feels empty 

25 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Like I know Incredible gets bashing by fans but honestly I played the song recently and just feel ....it sounds so unique in isolation to anything out there today Madonna and Pharrell really brought it to the table the layers and textures and styles don't feel like anything today 

On 4/26/2024 at 7:08 PM, stefo said:

About Swift, you know, let's see when these kids will become grown ups if she'll be able to convince a second and then a third generation (what M was doing with the Confessions massive success  :smokey:

Kids?  Taylor has been around nearly 20 years.  I know grandmothers who love her.  I think; some people who try to write her off or diminish her, forget that she's been around for a long time and has acquired an eclectic group of fans.  Up until recently, she hasn't been very polarizing and that is why she has a vast appeal. When she dipped her toes beyond Country, it was well received, so she kept extending her reach and remarkably, she's been successful at it.  It doesn't matter what any of us think of her music, because she has a vast fan base that reaches all demographics.  That is a rarity.  Not many artists have been able to do this.  This is why she continues to make waves.  My guess; she'll continue to do so, but like any artist will eventually start to have less and less commercial success, because like anything in the entertainment industry, people like to put entertainers out to pasture before they are ready.  So unless she decides to pack it in, she might be here for some time to come.  She's very business savy and I can only think that her getting married and/or having children in the near future will only slow her down. Other than that, she is here for a long time to come. 

27 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

Has she got new fans from the tour ?! That's great if that's the case 

In Confessions she accessed new listeners, whilst divided fandom Hard Candy and MDNA she managed to attract new audiences to her too ....and I feel from 2012-2023 she hasn't really harnessed a new audience outside of hardcore fandom which is why it's felt she's not fully transitioned well in the streaming trending age as we would've hoped she would have 

With the tour hopefully that'll help branch into the next album era ?! It's been a long time and music feels so uninspired regardless of streams or sales or whatever if Madonna released MDNA today it would sound more energetic and frantic than anything getting out out today it all feels empty 

It’s a mere observational conclusion I saw lots and lots of young people obviously I went to a limited amount of shows. 

34 minutes ago, Donna said:

Kids?  Taylor has been around nearly 20 years.  I know grandmothers who love her.  I think; some people who try to write her off or diminish her, forget that she's been around for a long time and has acquired an eclectic group of fans.  Up until recently, she hasn't been very polarizing and that is why she has a vast appeal. When she dipped her toes beyond Country, it was well received, so she kept extending her reach and remarkably, she's been successful at it.  It doesn't matter what any of us think of her music, because she has a vast fan base that reaches all demographics.  That is a rarity.  Not many artists have been able to do this.  This is why she continues to make waves.  My guess; she'll continue to do so, but like any artist will eventually start to have less and less commercial success, because like anything in the entertainment industry, people like to put entertainers out to pasture before they are ready.  So unless she decides to pack it in, she might be here for some time to come.  She's very business savy and I can only think that her getting married and/or having children in the near future will only slow her down. Other than that, she is here for a long time to come. 

Well, I just read on wiki she had her first US major success in 2008 so yes, it's about 16 years. Here in EU, where she still have fans but mostly young people, the perception about her is she's the Gaga of this generation in terms of phenomenon. Anyway, I really don't follow her work or know enough about her, you are right. I tried, as I always do when these people become massive stars, to watch her show and listen to some of her music and I was LITTERALLY NEVER able to finish an entire track or live performance interested (believe me I really tried, the last time with this acclaimed Eras tour ... :lol:)

29 minutes ago, stefo said:

Well, I just read on wiki she had her first US major success in 2008 so yes, it's about 16 years. Here in EU, where she still have fans but mostly young people, the perception about her is she's the Gaga of this generation in terms of phenomenon. Anyway, I really don't follow her work or know enough about her, you are right. I tried, as I always do when these people become massive stars, to watch her show and listen to some of her music and I was LITTERALLY NEVER able to finish an entire track or live performance interested (believe me I really tried, the last time with this acclaimed Eras tour ... :lol:)

That's fine, but I've heard enough of her music.  It's not as bad as people are making it.  I like some of her songs.  It's not a huge deal, but at the same time, a lot of people think the same of Madonna and many other artists I enjoy just the same.  I think some people forget that we live in a world where many people think differently from others.  Just because I can't understand someone favoring someone I don't enjoy doesn't mean these people are unhinged, etc.   I also do not feel the need to question why people like Taylor because again, we all have different tastes.  I also don't feel that just because someone likes someone I don't prefer has bad taste.  At the end of the day, I don't see Taylor as someone who is harming our society.  I feel she's a decent person who has just as many demons and fallacies as the rest of us.  She simply has a talent in exploiting her issues, while many of us rather keep it to our selves. Still, I'm not bothered by it, because at the end of the day Taylor Swift being a huge successful entertainer is the last thing I'm concerned about in this complex world of far more horrible and nasty people who are out to annihilate a population of people who they don't agree with.

11 minutes ago, Donna said:

That's fine, but I've heard enough of her music.  It's not as bad as people are making it.  I like some of her songs.  It's not a huge deal, but at the same time, a lot of people think the same of Madonna and many other artists I enjoy just the same.  I think some people forget that we live in a world where many people think differently from others.  Just because I can't understand someone favoring someone I don't enjoy doesn't mean these people are unhinged, etc.   I also do not feel the need to question why people like Taylor because again, we all have different tastes.  I also don't feel that just because someone likes someone I don't prefer has bad taste.  At the end of the day, I don't see Taylor as someone who is harming our society.  I feel she's a decent person who has just as many demons and fallacies as the rest of us.  She simply has a talent in exploiting her issues, while many of us rather keep it to our selves. Still, I'm not bothered by it, because at the end of the day Taylor Swift being a huge successful entertainer is the last thing I'm concerned about in this complex world of far more horrible and nasty people who are out to annihilate a population of people who they don't agree with.

I agree with everything. I don't think people who love her have bad taste, that she is a negative character or that her success is concerning in any way. I just don't see anything interesting myself :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, stefo said:

I agree with everything. I don't think people who love her have bad taste, that she is a negative character or that her success is concerning in any way. I just don't see anything interesting myself :thumbsup:

And that's where the issue lies.  It's the same for Madonna or any other artist we greatly enjoy.  Some people don't connect with these artists, so they can't understand why others love them so much.  But as stated, this world is vast and taste is subjective.  And unless the person is being greatly harmful to the general public, then I am not concerned how popular and influential they might be.  The world has far more important things to worry about than how popular, successful and famous Taylor is.  She isn't ruining our society or our world.  From what I can see, she is pretty much trying to keep people unified.  That's a plus in my book, even if I am not a fan of all her music. :)

8 minutes ago, Donna said:

And that's where the issue lies.  It's the same for Madonna or any other artist we greatly enjoy.  Some people don't connect with these artists, so they can't understand why other love them so much.  But as stated, this world is vast and taste is subjective.  And unless the person is being greatly harmful to the general public, then I am not concerned how popular and influential they might be.  The world has far more important things to worry about than how popular, successful and famous Taylor is.  She isn't ruining our society or our world.  From what I can see, she is pretty much trying to keep people unified.  That's a plus in my book, even if I am not a fan of all her music. :)

Sorry, I'm afraid I'm not understanding the point. I don't get if you are saying that me saying about my lack of interest has got something to do with being concerned about her success or not getting that the same thing happens to M. 

3 minutes ago, stefo said:

Sorry, I'm afraid I'm not understanding the point, sorry. I don't get if you are saying that me saying I'm not interested has got something to do with being concerned about her success or not getting that the same thing happens to M. 

I'm speaking in "general".  Not you specifically.  In general, a lot of people who don't understand her appeal, so they think the rest of the world is off their rocker in supporting her.  Whatever the case, she's been around for nearly two decades and as mention she has managed to be less polarizing than most entertainers who have been equally or more successful than her.  At the end of the day, she isn't hurting anyone with her music or her success. :)

2 hours ago, sara94 said:

Just heard the Spotify add again, this time i paid more attention. They started playing Hung Up then the narrator said "Madonna...the most successful female artist of all time. Follow the Madonna playlist and listen to 4 decades of hits."

Screenshot_20240428_082041_Spotify.jpg

And so ? Is there like a clue to new music or something ? Sorry i don't get what you're trying to say Sara

1 minute ago, Redha DBL said:

And so ? Is there like a clue to new music or something ? Sorry i don't get what you're trying to say Sara

Its just odd that they're promoting her music now when theres no new album & the tour is (almost) over.