Edit History

Markdonna

Markdonna

Punching it up.

8 hours ago, Shoful said:

I couldn’t agree more with everything stated. When I tell you she must’ve tapped into my brain to make Madame X because it’s legit everything I wanted.

I got into her catalogue right when Rebel Heart came out. And I slowly fell in love with American Life. I desperately wanted her to hire Mirwais again and wanted her to make a political album due to the Trump years, I knew she would have a lot to say. And of course I wanted a return to the visuals she delivered earlier in her career and a persona like the old days. And I literally got every single thing I wished for. I don’t think an album will ever again hit every single hope I could have. And the cherry on top is I got to meet her twice. We got: 

The Madame X persona

6 music videos

A mini documentary

A BRILLIANT photoshoot

The EPIC teaser which is her best imagery in probably 20 years maybe ever

Return of Mirwais 

Return of her songwriting. Most of the songs are written by just her and the producer. 
The most political songs shes ever released! 

An introduction to her singing in different languages. I know she’s done it before but nothing to this level. Absolutely brilliant

I just cannot get enough of this album

Same. Same. Same!  I’ve been listening to her since 1984!  And I was so baffled by how many fans simply hated this record.  Worse, and were — and STILL are — such CUNTS about it.  Honestly?  I thought Madame X was all pretty spectacular.  

Especially the videos to Medellin and God Control.

Madame X was her most interesting and boldly creative album in a long, long, time. She stopped chasing trends as everybody had demanded for a decade or so, and then… somehow they all got mad she wasn’t chasing trends.  Um… okay — Whatever.

I loved all the personas —the ever shifting musical landscape, Madame X unfurled upon each playing.

All that — Plus  — I Don’t Search I Find.  Which truly DOES sound like some long lost Erotica era track.

The imagery was fantastic — as were the short dark wigs.  Yeah, I am really, really OVER the long, long blond hair already.

And then the tour was epic — I saw it twice here in LA — I just rewatched the film again — and damn.  So much greatness in this whole era.  If you didn’t see that — well, then. Fuck Damn. I have no idea what you want from her.  It’s never gonna be 1987 again.  Let it go.

Ciao Bella is BY far the best bonus track — I listen to it everytime I drive alone out to my friends desert house… And I have no idea what it’s even saying.  It’s just catchy as hell and so fits my mood.

The “sometimes” lyrics… Damn. Love it.

Markdonna

Markdonna

Punching it up.

I couldn’t agree more with everything stated. When I tell you she must’ve tapped into my brain to make Madame X because it’s legit everything I wanted.

I got into her catalogue right when Rebel Heart came out. And I slowly fell in love with American Life. I desperately wanted her to hire Mirwais again and wanted her to make a political album due to the Trump years, I knew she would have a lot to say. And of course I wanted a return to the visuals she delivered earlier in her career and a persona like the old days. And I literally got every single thing I wished for. I don’t think an album will ever again hit every single hope I could have. And the cherry on top is I got to meet her twice. We got: 

The Madame X persona

6 music videos

A mini documentary

A BRILLIANT photoshoot

Return of Mirwais 

Return of her songwriting. Most of the songs are written by just her and the producer. 

An introduction to her singing in different languages. I know she’s done it before but nothing to this level. Absolutely brilliant

Same. Same. Same!  I’ve been listening to her since 1984!  And I was so baffled by how many fans simply hated this record.  Worse, and were — and STILL are — such CUNTS about it.  Honestly?  I thought Madame X was all pretty spectacular.  

Madame X was her most interesting and boldly creative album in a long, long, time. She stopped chasing trends as everybody had demanded for a decade or so, and then… somehow they all got mad she wasn’t chasing trends.  Um… okay — Whatever.

I loved all the personas —the ever shifting musical landscape, Madame X unfurled upon each playing.

All that — Plus  — I Don’t Search I Find.  Which truly DOES sound like some long lost Erotica era track.

The imagery was fantastic — as were the short dark wigs.  Yeah, I am really, really OVER the long, long blond hair already.

And then the tour was epic — I saw it twice here in LA — I just rewatched the film again — and damn.  So much greatness in this whole era.  If you didn’t see that — well, then. Fuck Damn. I have no idea what you want from her.  It’s never gonna be 1987 again.  Let it go.

Markdonna

Markdonna

Typo

The Madame X persona

6 music videos

A mini documentary

A BRILLIANT photoshoot

Return of Mirwais 

Same. Same. Same!  I was so baffled by how many fans simply hated this record.  Worse, and were — and STILL are — such CUNTS about it.  Honestly?  I thought Madame X was all pretty spectacular.  

Madame X was her most interesting and boldly creative album in a long, long, time. I loved all the personas, the ever shifting musical landscape it unfurled upon each playing.

Plus  — I Don’t Search I Find.  Which truly DOES sound like some long lost Erotica era track.

And then the tour was pretty fantastic — I just rewatched the film again — and damn.  So much greatness in this era.  If you didn’t see that — well, then. Fuck Damn. I have no idea what you want.  It’s never gonna be 1987 again.  Let it go.

Markdonna

Markdonna

The Madame X persona

6 music videos

A mini documentary

A BRILLIANT photoshoot

Return of Mirwais 

Same. Same. Same!  I was so baffled by how many fans simply hated this record.  Worse, and were such CUNTS about it.  Honestly?  I thought it was all pretty spectacular.  

Madame X was her most interesting and boldly creative album in a long, long, time. I loved all the personas, the ever shifting musical landscape it unfurled upon each playing.

Plus  — I Don’t Search I Find.  Which really DOES sound like a lost Erotica era track.

And then the tour was pretty fantastic — I just rewatched the film again — and damn.  So much greatness in this era.  If you didn’t see that — well, then. Fuck Damn. I have no idea what you want.  It’s never gonna be 1987 again.  Let it go.

Important Information

Terms of Use