Hommage to Paul Auster - Singing Telegram / Blue in the Face (1995)

Famous American author Paul Auster died today.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2024/may/01/paul-auster-dies-aged-77-death-american-author-new-york-trilogy

I went totally crazy for a lot of his books in the 1990s and 2000s, especially In the Country of Last Things that I still recommend to any reader.

He wrote and co-directed a couple of movies, including Blue in the Face (title: Brooklyn Boogie in some countries). A loose story made of different situations with recurring characters, where Madonna appears in a short skit. Happened in the middle of the 1990s when she was very active in Hollywood and the New York scene, made the headlines back then because she was in such an indie production, proved once more she's such a showgirl with a comedic flair. I loved the film, which has aged rather well.

Check it out and read books:

17 hours ago, PlayPause said:

Famous American author Paul Auster died today.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2024/may/01/paul-auster-dies-aged-77-death-american-author-new-york-trilogy

I went totally crazy for a lot of his books in the 1990s and 2000s, especially In the Country of Last Things that I still recommend to any reader.

He wrote and co-directed a couple of movies, including Blue in the Face (title: Brooklyn Boogie in some countries). A loose story made of different situations with recurring characters, where Madonna appears in a short skit. Happened in the middle of the 1990s when she was very active in Hollywood and the New York scene, made the headlines back then because she was in such an indie production, proved once more she's such a showgirl with a comedic flair. I loved the film, which has aged rather well.

Check it out and read books:

She looks like Courtney Love.