Appreciating Madonna in "League Of Our Own"

Voguerista

This can be anything from pics, videos, your favorite parts, quotes, memories of seeing it, etc.

Ok, for starters. I loved this dance scene....

I think this part utilized Madonna's presence in the music world very well. This was one of her shining moments in the film. Personally, while I love the film, Madonna isn't the best part of the film. Certainly, she helps build more character in the film. I think the reason she got good reviews for this film is because it was among a ensemble cast of other gals who did a great job with their parts. It's also a great movie. I'll say one of the best things that came out of this film is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lburl8lMxI

I think this film is one of her most enjoyable, although I consider her to be a secondary character... so I don't understand why she appeared on the cover of the video releases? Maybe because she was the 'commercial hook' and that would expand the number of viewers? It's also nice to see her with Tom Hanks, one of the most prolifics American actors.

Anyway, this a press conference shared by the lovely Jamesy from madonna-tv.com

Luv the song,  This Used to be My Playground. And Madonna gave a solid performance, adding  extra laughs in her perfectly suited supporting role as "All the Way" Mae Mordabito really well.

In addition to the  ‘Swing Dance’ scene, here’s my other my favorite scenes:

I think this film is one of her most enjoyable, although I consider her to be a secondary character... so I don't understand why she appeared on the cover of the video releases? Maybe because she was the 'commercial hook' and that would expand the number of viewers? It's also nice to see her with Tom Hanks, one of the most prolifics American actors.

She was billed on the movie poster from the start. There was no way they weren't going to use Madonna name and image on the billing like they did. She was the biggest star in the world at the time. She's still the biggest start in the world.

Great find! I love this movie, I totally grew up with it, it's probably in my top 10 of all time for nostalgic reasons. This is deffo one of her best roles, mostly because it's similar to her personality - and it works when she plays herself  :wink: