P!nk supports Madonna over 'misogyny' claim

Starchild

28 minutes ago, lalalagirl said:

...Madonna never once said anything as demeaning and nasty as those words Cher said...

In public, at least.

Let's not pretend to know every thought or feeling she may have about other artists.

But yes, M has been quite dignified towards other artists for the most part.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donna

I don't get how some keep gaslighting this idea that Madonna is playing a victim.  She isn't!  She will never!  She is only speaking up for herself and women.  She's leading by example and refusing to back down.  The audacity that someone would say that she should expect such criticisms because she says and does controversial things or if she changes her look or have face surgery.  That's just enabling and giving people a license to bully, intimidate and insult others.  I applaud P!nk for h

dankpepe

I agree with this. Madonna has done appearances at award shows where she looked normal but a little older such as at the Billboard Women In Music 2016 Awards. No articles cited her looking old or odd. I think even if Madonna showed up at the 2023 Grammys looking younger with amazing plastic surgery, the overall press would be praising her for looking so good at her age and turning back the hands of time. We just expect with all of the money Madonna has that she'd get good work and it shocks

Starchild

Pink thinks Madonna was right to complain about "ageism and misogyny". The 64-year-old pop icon was subjected to criticism and ridicule over her seemingly-altered appearance at the Grammy Awards, and Pink thinks she was perfectly entitled to voice her frustrations. The 43-year-old singer told the Sunday Mirror newspaper's No Filter showbiz column: "It’s unfair, it’s always unfair, and it’s ageism. The attitude is no longer that person has been amazing for so long, it’s all about bashin

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Vas said:

In public, at least.

Let's not pretend to know every thought or feeling she may have about other artists.

But yes, M has been quite dignified towards other artists for the most part.

Well, it's a two way street! We can't pretend to know if she had such thoughts about people.  But who are we kidding?  It's been clearly known Madonna hasn't always been that nice to people.  But that usually was through personal interactions.  She never went out publicly and purposely said nasty things about others.  People who publicly insult or say nasty things about others are intentionally looking to demean.  They are looking for some validation from others to support their feelings.  They possibly are looking to damage one's reputation.  I can't think of a time Madonna has publicly done that.  I personally do not think Madonna ever intentionally sets out to be nasty to others.  I think it's her demeanor which may come off a bit jarring.  I have to think of the situation with Cher.  Madonna obviously said or did something personally that didn't set well with Cher.  But who was the one who went public about it?  Cher!  Madonna has never said a bad thing about Cher.  It's the same with Michael Jackson.  Obviously Madonna rubbed Jackson the wrong way, but who was the one who has gone public about Madonna and called her names?  Jackson.  Meanwhile, Madonna publicly maintains a fondness for him and only speaks kindly of him.  There were plenty of times Madonna could have jumped on the band wagon and trashed Jackson, but she never did.  To me, Madonna is known for grabbing attention and using any situation to try to prop herself up more.  And I think that's what rubs others the wrong way at times. 

With Pink, I think Madonna just didn't react the way Pink hoped.  That is why she felt that maybe Madonna doesn't like her.  But obviously, Madonna didn't say or do anything to keep her feeling from idolizing her.  Pink offered a vulnerable honest thought when questioned and now everyone is running with it as if there is some feud between them.  I'm glad she's speaking up about that as well.  We need to stop making things bigger than what it really is.  It only leads to further hatred and division.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

a little thowback

ink.jpg

I think it comes down to that P!nk has a strong and unique personality, much like Madonna does.  Sometimes, even unintentionally, people like that can clash. Especially if one or the other is so nervous in being disappointed or saying something dumb to the other.  I think that's what happened with P!nk.  She finally met Madonna.  She was so wrapped up in her head about it; she created this idea that Madonna doesn't like her.  Looking at the Kelly and Regis encouter between the two, I don't see how Madonna came off offended or bother by anything P!nk said or did.  Maybe behind the scenes, there was a colder reception between each other, but nothing P!nk described seemed that way. I think if P!nk made an attempt to reach out to Madonna to clear the air, she'd have a better feeling.