Madonna for Interview Magazine: The ART Issue

Fighter

Luv the photos and the interview!

BLAINE: I just heard the song "Devil Prays" [from Madonna's forthcoming album], and it's **** amazing. And it's not like you were using drugs, but it's all about drug use ...MADONNA: Well, no, it's about how people take drugs to connect to God or to a higher level of consciousness. I keep saying, "Plugging into the matrix." If you get high, you can do that, which is why a lot of people drop acid or do drugs, because they want to get closer to God. But there's going to be a short circuit, and that's the illusion of drugs, because they give you the illusion of getting closer to God, but ultimately they kill you. They destroy you. I mean, I tried everything once, but as soon as I was high, I spent my time drinking tons of water to get it out of my system. As soon as I was high, I was obsessed with flushing it out of me. [blaine laughs] I was like, "Okay, I'm done now."

this album is gonna be really interesting!  :smile:

http://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2014/how-dare-she/

â€How dare she?â€
The Queen of Controversy is back and proves once again that nobody pushes buttons better than her.
The worldwide press jumped on the Interview magazine cover story like kids on the presents under the tree on a Christmas morning, with reactions either focused on the one single picture from the Mert and Marcus spread where Madonna exposes her breast, or the opening up about her relationship with drug use.

Some reactions are in the most classic tabloid style (see the front pages of today’s Sun and Daily Express below) while other seem to make more interesting points, like this piece by Claire Cohen on the Telegraph:

How dare she? At 56, no less. I’d wager you won’t see a report today that doesn’t mention her age alongside her cup size.

‘Still got it!’ a few have already trilled.

Groan. They’ve utterly missed the point.

Madonna’s decision to pose topless has nothing to do with showing-off her wrinkle-free cleavage – nor male titillation. That she’s an older woman is powerful, yes. But, to me, it seems pretty clear that this is far from a pop star trying to prove that she’s ‘still hot’ in her fifties.

Madonna’s age is just a convenient stick to beat her with. It’s an easy reason for critics to cry ‘put ‘em away’ without, on the surface, seeming sexist.

(…)

Madonna is flying in the face of what the naked woman ‘should’ look like. She’s controlling her own image, just as she’s always done. Her attitude? Just because she’s in her fifties, why should she hide away?

The sugary pink cardigan that exposes her breasts in the Interview picture, says it all. ‘I’m not ready to button-up like a little old lady. Thanks all the same’.

We all should applaud her (preferably while wearing cut-off PVC gloves) for it.

"God has given you one face," Hamlet said, "and you make yourselves another." But had the great Dane met Madonna before saying the above and, in effect, prophesying much of the modern condition, he might have added, "and another and another and another ..."  

The pop phenomenon born Madonna Louise Ciccone in Michigan in 1958 has, over the course of her career as a singer, songwriter, actress, filmmaker, and pure entertainer, become the living paradigm for the character-based, image-centric presentation of an artist. And her evolutionary mutability—the quicksilver ability to grow and change and live spectacular multiple lives in and beyond the public eye—has given each viewer and each listener their own favorite Madonna. From her early years in rough-and- tumble New York City of the 1980s to her Sex (book) goddess 1990s and the equestrian splendor of the early aughts in England, each chapter of her life is related as a kind of Dickensian parable of perseverance, of will, or of self-invention, as she weaves herself together out of blond ambition, yoga, or prayer. 

And perhaps Madonna the Icon is herself her own greatest work of art—something so vastly influential as to be unfathomable, knitting together all of us for whom she has provided the soundtracks, all of the sensibilities she has informed, rattled, challenged, provoked, and then reimagined again, all of the notions of beauty, of an artist, of a performer that she has shaped, reshaped, and upset yet again. With a 13th studio album due out in 2015, Madonna is reaching a new level of artistry, creativity, and, perhaps, identity. Even as she reimagines herself yet again, she remains a masterpiece. ...

"@TheView: On Madonna posing topless, @Rosie said: "If my t*****s looked like that I'd be nude right now!" #TheView "

A photo spread for Interview magazine is showing a side of Madonna that the world has not seen in quite some time – her exhibitionist side. The topless photo of the 56-year-old “Material Girl†has the women of “The View†wishing their breasts looked just as good.

“If my t*****s looked like that, I'd be nude right now,†co-host Rosie O'Donnell said on Tuesday's show.

O'Donnell also admitted to seeing the envy-inducing boobs in the flesh, saying: “I've seen them, but not in real life. Actually I have but not in that way. We're friends, get over it. The thing is, she's beautiful and proud of her body and always has been.â€

Nicolle Wallace also confessed a desire to disrobe like Madonna, but only if her body was as in shape as the pop star.
“If I looked like that, I would be naked all the time,†Wallace said.

Whoopi Goldberg, the oldest member at “The View†table, perhaps isn't quite ready for her nude close up.
“Well, I'm just gonna pick one up and see what it looks like because it's been so long since I've seen it,†Goldberg said, while pretending to pick up one of her breasts off the floor.

Posted Image

Madonna's topless pictures for Interview Magazine are getting everyone in a right tizz
Just because she's over 50 it doesn't mean she should hide away in a cupboard somewhere
Madonna has posed topless for a photo shoot with Interview Magazine and the internet's reaction has been largely, "Ermahgerd, but she's 56. EW!"

The pictures, taken by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, see Madge in a variety of raunchy poses in gorgeous Alexander McQueen lingerie that we wouldn't mind stealing for ourselves.

As well as a series of photos that show off her cleavage in a selection of sexy corsets and bras, another shot sees Madonna pose fully topless in stockings and a cardigan.

Interviewed as part of the magazine's Art Issue, by magician David Blaine (of course), Madonna opens up about her views on drug use, saying that she has dabbled over the years.

"I mean, I tried everything once, but as soon as I was high, I spent my time drinking tons of water to get it out of my system. As soon as I was high, I was obsessed with flushing it out of me. I was like, Okay, I'm done now."

She adds: "It's about how people take drugs to connect to God or to a higher level of consciousness. I keep saying 'Plugging into the matrix.' If you get high, you can do that, which is why a lot of people drop acid or do drugs, because they want to get closer to God."

Of course, practically every mention of the pictures online is followed by a comment about how shocking it is, considering her age and all, and social media has seen countless people claim she is "too old" to be posing for sexy images like these.

Yes, she is 56, but she also looks AMAZING and whatever your views on women posing topless, her age and whether you personally find it sexy shouldn't come into it.

Do you want to hit 50 and suddenly be seen as an "old lady" who is no longer desirable or able to express her sexuality? We doubt it.

And for everyone saying "No one wants to see Madonna topless," it's worth remembering that no one has to. Plus, MAYBE Madonna didn't do it for everyone else. The assumption that every time a woman flashes flesh she's doing it for someone else's approval is just a bit tiresome, if you ask us.

As one Twitter user writes: "The way that I see it as long as 'Madonna topless' is going to be said in the same breath as her age, she should keep getting her boobs out." Hear, hear!