Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

Rumor:

- Madonna finished the album last month [July]

- Press release in September

- Album artwork most likely to be shot in the next 2 weeks.

- MV to be shot in mid September

- First single to be released in late September/early October [approx. 6-8 weeks before the album release]

- Album to be released earliest in November and latest in early December

- Tour rehearsal begins in the new year [2015] after Christmas & holiday break 

TBH that sounds like every album she's released in the fall--give or take a few weeks-- (Erotica, BS, Music, COAD) .... so could be likely, or could be easy to speculate that.  

So that means no promotion for the album lol

Really? How do you even figure such? She has PLENTY of time for promotion. In fact, if anything, this album is kinda similar to previous album schedules that got a fall release.  Three in particular... LAV, MUSIC, and COADF. They all had tours the following spring/summer. Rehearsals usually started by February, which I'm sure a lot of scheduling started long before that. Yet, she had much time to promote those albums, especially the latter two where she did several promotional performances and many many interviews. Both also had a huge Internet/telephone campaign behind them. Once the first single drops, which could be as early as September or October, she could start doing a lot of rounds.

I agree with Fighter. I think her and team probably realized the MDNA strategy didn't work, regarding little promotion, even though the tour was it's main focus and was a huge success. To me, she didn't lose there. The album still sold around 2 million WW and in hindsight, that's pretty damn good for someone her age, with very little promotion behind it and when a lot of other well know artists have poured much more time and money into their promotions and were lucky to sell as much.

I have a feeling that this FALL, Madonna is going to be doing a lot of promotion, appearances and performances with this new album.

8 weeks is a lot in between the single and the album isnt it? How is she gonna keep up the interest? Unless she's gonna promote which I doubt.. so let's hope the single is a big hit. I don't want another DOA album.  :broken:

Two months tends to be a lifespan for most semi-hit songs (if we were to anticipate the worst here). I'm sure the song will get a single/lyric video release and a few weeks later, the video will pop up, and by then, she can start making the rounds doing promotion. And knowing Madonna, she's tying the first single to some huge endorsement deal that will help extend the life of the song.  Possibly, they are planning to release multiple songs that leads up to the album release.  I can't imagine she will have radio backing her up, so it's just a matter of slowly making her way onto TV and doing some promotional appearances. I wouldn't doubt that they will probably throw in a tour announcement between the single release and album release.

Nothing new but pretty nice write up of what we already know

http://www.idolator.com/7530929/10-things-to-expect-from-madonnas-next-album

10 Things To Expect From Madonna’s Next Album

Kathy Iandoli

Aug 20th, 2014

When Madonna releases a new album, it isn’t so much an event as it is an international holiday.

Her Madgesty is now on her 13th studio album. 2012′s MDNA gave us just a little bit of the life we needed for the icon’s 12th release, but of course we wanted more. It’s only natural, given this is a woman who has consistently reinvented herself for three decades straight.

Now it’s 2014, which feels like the perfect time for her to drop off a new project and deliver that breed of cross-genre pop that only she can provide.

Details on the album thus far have been hit or miss: While other websites have speculated by way of Instagram posts and other random clues, Idolator played detective and dug up even more info on the album. Of course, nothing is conclusive since this is Madge, but we do have enough information to at the very least be excited for the project.

So without further ado, let’s see what we have in store from the Queen Of Pop herself.

10. The Album Is Already Done…Or Nah?

Back in April, fashion photogs Mert & Marcus put a pic up of Madonna on Instagram, rolling her tongue and looking like a sexy Greek goddess with leaves behind her ears. The caption read: “In my room listening to the NEW ALBUM!!!!! Im DYING!!!!!! LET ME LOVE YOU FROM INSIDE OUT ????????†However, going back into the photo now — the caption has been deleted! What gives?! Are we led to believe that the album isn’t done after all? Or maybe Madge switched up some tracks since then? Probably a combination of both. This is Madonna, and she does whatever the f#@$ she wants. (Imagine the text she sent to Mert & Marcus getting them to delete that photo?)

9. Another Surprise Release?

In March, Digital Music News revealed that an anonymous member of Apple stated that iTunes is preparing for another surprise album from a gigantic artist. The suspects were Madonna and Mariah Carey, but as we all know, MC dropped Me. I Am Mariah… The Elusive Chanteuse on May 23rd, so that leaves Madonna as the number one pick for a surprise album release. If she pulls a Beyoncé and delivers it unexpectedly on iTunes, imagine what will happen to the Internet? Then again, it could also be Kanye West’s album, since he too is planning to randomly drop his this fall.

8. Sounds Like…An Electro-Punk Choir?

Ever since 2005′s Confessions On A Dance Floor, it sounds like Madonna has fully submerged herself back into dance culture. Well, back when she first ventured into that sound, we didn’t have the all-inclusive “EDM†title. Now, we do! And given the list of collaborators (more on that later), it’s safe to say the EDM thing is still present. However, there’s more to it: Last month, the Queen released an Instagram clip showing the London Community Gospel choir singing some soothing coos that sounded eerily reminiscent of “Like A Prayer.â€

In addition, we have some anti-establishment-sounding things happening: For one, she has a track called “Rebel Heart†on the album, which may or may not include the following lyrics: “Day turns into night. I won’t give up the fight. Don’t want to get to the end of my days. Saying I wasn’t amazed!†Madge also started hash-tagging #revolution and #revolutionoflove on Instagram. By words alone, could that be inferring a punk edge? Or, it could also be hip-hop. We’ll just have to wait and see.

7. Diplo Says That Shit Cray

Remember when Idolator spoke with Diplo regarding the Madonna project? Madge asked the Mad Decent kingpin for “some of the craziest shit†he had in his arsenal, so he gave it to her. They wrote seven songs together, and Diplo told us that he hoped at least four or five would make it to the album. Of those songs, one is titled â€œBitch, I’m Madonna,†so we can only imagine what that will sound like. Hopefully she keeps that one on the project. With a title like that, how could she not?

6. We Hear There’s A Messiah Coming

Typically, at this point in a star’s album-making process, we get something to snack on when it comes to leaks, but Madge has been super elusive about this project. She’s dropping little hints via Instagram, and our greatest glimpse into the project has been the track “Messiah.†An Instagram video revealed an orchestra piecing together a beautiful tune, and there were also some lyrics (plus sheet music) revealed: “I am the promise that you cannot keep / Reap what you sow / Find what you seek / I am the sorceress / Down in the deep / I am the Earth / Under your feet.†Sounds like pure poetry. Keep it coming, Ms. Ciccone.

5. Some Songs Titles Are Better Than None

Okay, so far we have the aforementioned “Messiah†and “Rebel Heart,†along with “Bitch, I’m Madonna.†There are a few more though! Madonna has been all over her Instagram #hashtagging what seemlike song titles. One is “Living For Love,†and then we have “#UnapologeticBitch†and “Trust No Bitch,†in addition to all of the others. That’s a lot of bitching going on, no? The titles sound like they’ll be a stark contrast to the little bits of music we’ve already heard. That’s fine, though! Perhaps the project will be equal parts emotional and badass. We’ll take it. Also, just two days ago, Madonna posted a pic of her doing an elbow stand from the Re-Invention Tour with #UnapologeticBitch hashtagged and the caption “What was I thinking? The world is upside down!†So, we have five song titles and a few bits of music/lyrics. Will there be five more to come? Seven? Hopefully more clues arrive soon.

4. William Orbit Approves

If you don’t know the role that William Orbit plays in Madonna’s career, then you’ll at least know the songs: Orbit produced some of Madge’s most noteworthy songs from 1998 onward, including “Ray Of Light,†“Frozen,†“The Power Of Good-Bye,†“Beautiful Stranger†— the list goes on. He also collaborated heavily with Madonna on MDNA, (which was arguably the most lackluster out of the M-catalog), but he’s heard the new Madonna album and it â€œsounds good.†That might not seem like a lot, but for someone who has worked with Madonna through some of her greatest (and not so great!) work, he knows what sounds good. No official word on whether or not he’s producing on the album.

3. Okay, so who IS producing?

While Diplo is already a definite, we have some other top-shelf producers helping to shape Madonna’s vision.Avicii is on board, as the two have been exchanging cute Instagram “In the studio†updates. Ariel Rechtshaidhas also been in the studio with Madge. (You might know his work from Kylie Minogue, HAIM, No Doubt, Usher, Sky Ferreira and many others.) Symbolyc One (S1) is working with Madonna, too. He produced Kanye West’s â€œPower,†among other major hip-hop cuts. One rumored producer of epic proportions is Giorgio Moroder. News of him working on the album came as early as last year, back when it was assumed that Madonna’s next project would be totally disco. Since she’s changed the direction a bit and has been working with newer talent, Moroder might not make the cut. (That collaboration would be fabulous, though.)

2. Write On, MoZella

In addition to top-tier producers, Madge has enlisted the pens of some major songwriters too. Toby Gad is involved â€” he wrote Beyoncé’s â€œIf I Were A Boy†and Fergie’s â€œBig Girls Don’t Cry.†Cherrytree Records founder and songwriter Martin Kierszenbaum has also been writing on the project (he A&R’ed Lady Gaga’s early days) along with his artist Natalia Kills. One writer has come full circle: MoZella, who was formerly signed to Madonna’s Maverick Records, has evolved from a pop singer to a respected songwriter. Her most recent contribution to songwriting is Miley Cyrus’ â€œWrecking Ball.†Now she’s writing for Madonna. Go figure.

1. Speaking Of Miley Cyrus…

Yes, you may have already heard… Miss Miley Cyrus is rumored to be collaborating with Madonna for her album. Once again, this is all pulled from their Internet banter, but after Madge popped up for Miley’sUnplugged, it’s obvious they’re pals.

From the looks of all of this, Madonna’s 13th album will be something to remember, full of big names and big tunes. Oh by the way, Disclosure is also on the album. NBD.

I think it's worth mentioning that if Madonna stays in Ibiza through the weekend, Kylie Minogue will also be there for a show the 22nd. As a fan of both, it's a bit of a dream that they might finally get together and make some music.

I'd love this to happen too. Love them both and how theatrical they both are when they perform. 

Two months tends to be a lifespan for most semi-hit songs (if we were to anticipate the worst here). I'm sure the song will get a single/lyric video release and a few weeks later, the video will pop up, and by then, she can start making the rounds doing promotion. And knowing Madonna, she's tying the first single to some huge endorsement deal that will help extend the life of the song.  Possibly, they are planning to release multiple songs that leads up to the album release.  I can't imagine she will have radio backing her up, so it's just a matter of slowly making her way onto TV and doing some promotional appearances. I wouldn't doubt that they will probably throw in a tour announcement between the single release and album release.

Really????????

Do you really believe that she would do such promotion like that even after all we've seen in the last years? I don't want disappoint again!

Really????????

Do you really believe that she would do such promotion like that even after all we've seen in the last years? I don't want disappoint again!

I'm not sure what you even mean.  Recent years?? Other than the lack of promotion for MDNA, all her previous album since RAY OF LIGHT got a hell of a lot of promotion. 

If you were a fan during the 80's and part of the 90's, you'd probably been greatly disappointed, because she didn't do the type of promotion she did since RAY OF LIGHT.  Fortunately, she had MTV and RADIO behind her. Before ROL, she hadn't did a club date since before she became popular.

That all said, you claim she won't do any promotion because she won't have time. That's just silly. Even if she starts rehearsing for a tour early next year, she has the whole fall up through Christmas to do all sorts of promotion.

And yes, I do think she will take this time to do so. It may not be what you want her to do, but I do think she will do something on a pretty massive level to launch the album.

While it's nice if she would go out and perform on TV or make some late night/day show appearances, if she doesn't, it won't make the music less appealing to me. Artists can promote the crap out of something (as she did with American Life), it doesn't mean it will sell better. This is why I am firm about I'm fine with her taking the money she could use for promotion and pour it into a huge tour and great videos.

hopefully you're right and she has things lined up this time around, people thought there were big plans for MDNA but there wasn't much at all...

Do we not consider all the pictures from the studio and other teasers we've received via social media about the upcoming album as promo? In fact I think it's a much more modern approach to promotion than doing the talk show rounds, although we haven't heard any music yet, it's created a lot of buzz and excitement.

Do we not consider all the pictures from the studio and other teasers we've received via social media about the upcoming album as promo? In fact I think it's a much more modern approach to promotion than doing the talk show rounds, although we haven't heard any music yet, it's created a lot of buzz and excitement.

I can't see why not. The whole idea for promotion is to make people aware of a specific product. Instagram and other social media outlets are quite popular. She utilizes it just as any other promotional tool would be used. Even the V MAGAZINE she was part of, plays into promotion to her and the album. Just because one doesn't consider it "traditional" or the tools she's used so far, hasn't excited them, doesn't mean it's NOT promotion.

And honestly, how can one say that what she's posted on Instagram hasn't excited them? Really? Yes, it hasn't been too revealing, but it definitely has most fans very excited and looking forward to the new album. So yeah, it's very much promotion to me.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6228951/diplo-billboard-cover-story-sneak-peek

Billboard cover story: Diplo and 5 details on his Madonna collaboration  

Posted ImageIn the latest Billboard cover story star DJ Diplo sheds some light on much-anticipated music he's working on as well as collaborating with Her Madgesty herself.

Diplo is one of the most in-demand producers on the planet. Who else but the 35-year-old DJ could knock out "four or five" songs for Usher's next album in a week's time, work on new tunes with both Ty Dolla Sign and Lorde and gather 30 new tracks for Major Lazer's upcoming release without breaking a sweat?

Here are five details Billboard learned about Diplo's high-power collaboration with Madonna on her follow-up to 2012's MDNA:

1. Diplo has joined Madonna for three studio sessions so far, and the alcohol was flowing on one night: They were in New York and London, and he's clearly excited about how the recording went. "One [song] is super weird," Diplo says. "Late one night in the studio we got a little bit drunk and she improvised a little hook and we made a song out of it. I think it’s going to be a breakthrough if she can manage to get everything together and get it out properly."

2. What does Madonna drink when she gets drunk in the studio? Rosé. "It was nice," says Diplo. "I don't think she really drinks, either."

3. Ariel Rechtshaid and MNEK are also involved. Rechtshaid, who has collaborated with Vampire Weekend and Sky Ferreira, and MNEK, the London songwriter who worked on Disclosure's album, have gone into the studio to work out the verses of a song that Madonna has taken a shine to. Rechtshaid has joined Diplo and Madonna for their studio sessions.

4. Madonna invited Diplo to her Oscar party… but he couldn't make it. Still, the pair began texting, and Diplo sent Madonna over some music. Madonna took the production more seriously than Diplo could have imagined. "She wrote me back like a 20-page text, notes about all these songs," he says - and a collaboration was underway.

5. One of the in-the-works Madonna tracks has unwittingly evolved into a big pop record. "That song is on like version 20," Diplo says of the as-yet-untitled track. "It went from a piano ballad to a 'Turn Down for What'-style song, which I didn’t like. Now it’ssomewhere in the middle."

For a larger peak inside the wild world of Diplo - from the dollar-sign details of his empire to his Katy Perry connection - read Billboard's full cover story out Friday, August 22.

Posted Image

I can't see why not. The whole idea for promotion is to make people aware of a specific product. Instagram and other social media outlets are quite popular. She utilizes it just as any other promotional tool would be used. Even the V MAGAZINE she was part of, plays into promotion to her and the album. Just because one doesn't consider it "traditional" or the tools she's used so far, hasn't excited them, doesn't mean it's NOT promotion.

And honestly, how can one say that what she's posted on Instagram hasn't excited them? Really? Yes, it hasn't been too revealing, but it definitely has most fans very excited and looking forward to the new album. So yeah, it's very much promotion to me.

Please quote me when talking to me or about me, its the polite thing to do.  :)

To be honest, nothing i've seen so far has excited me, the lyrics and musical snippets are nothing special to me, but of course they don't reveal much of what the final work might be... so I'm waiting to see wether I like it and how much.  :) Of course I'm excited about getting a new album in general, regardless. :om:

Please quote me when talking to me or about me, its the polite thing to do.  :)

To be honest, nothing i've seen so far has excited me, the lyrics and musical snippets are nothing special to me, but of course they don't reveal much of what the final work might be... so I'm waiting to see wether I like it and how much.  :) Of course I'm excited about getting a new album in general, regardless. :om:

I wasn't talking to you or about you.

That said, promotion is promotion whether it's something that doesn't excite you personally or not.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6228951/diplo-billboard-cover-story-sneak-peek

Billboard cover story: Diplo and 5 details on his Madonna collaboration  

Posted ImageIn the latest Billboard cover story star DJ Diplo sheds some light on much-anticipated music he's working on as well as collaborating with Her Madgesty herself.

Diplo is one of the most in-demand producers on the planet. Who else but the 35-year-old DJ could knock out "four or five" songs for Usher's next album in a week's time, work on new tunes with both Ty Dolla Sign and Lorde and gather 30 new tracks for Major Lazer's upcoming release without breaking a sweat?

Here are five details Billboard learned about Diplo's high-power collaboration with Madonna on her follow-up to 2012's MDNA:

Diplo has joined Madonna for three studio sessions so far, and the alcohol was flowing on one night: They were in New York and London, and he's clearly excited about how the recording went. "One [song] is super weird," Diplo says. "Late one night in the studio we got a little bit drunk and she improvised a little hook and we made a song out of it. I think it’s going to be a breakthrough if she can manage to get everything together and get it out properly."

What does Madonna drink when she gets drunk in the studio? Rosé. "It was nice," says Diplo. "I don't think she really drinks, either."

Ariel Rechtshaid and MNEK are also involved. Rechtshaid, who has collaborated with Vampire Weekend and Sky Ferreira, and MNEK, the London songwriter who worked on Disclosure's album, have gone into the studio to work out the verses of a song that Madonna has taken a shine to. Rechtshaid has joined Diplo and Madonna for their studio sessions.

Madonna invited Diplo to her Oscar party… but he couldn't make it. Still, the pair began texting, and Diplo sent Madonna over some music. Madonna took the production more seriously than Diplo could have imagined. "She wrote me back like a 20-page text, notes about all these songs," he says - and a collaboration was underway.

One of the in-the-works Madonna tracks has unwittingly evolved into a big pop record. "That song is on like version 20," Diplo says of the as-yet-untitled track. "It went from a piano ballad to a 'Turn Down for What'-style song, which I didn’t like. Now it’ssomewhere in the middle."

For a larger peak inside the wild world of Diplo - from the dollar-sign details of his empire to his Katy Perry connection - read Billboard's full cover story out Friday, August 22.

Posted Image

And this would be further promotion for her album.

I only wish I could say I liked something he's done before working with Madonna. I really don't. Most people have no idea who he is. Though, that could be a plus for Madonna since she is known to pluck out unknown people to collab with.  I realize he's done work with a number of popular acts, but again, but the general public doesn't really look past the artists singing the songs.

yes, you were, people aren't stupid.  :lol:

Where did I say people were stupid? Look, I am not out to single anyone out here. I'm just speaking in general. I've read elsewhere people say similar things you've said about her promoting through Instagram.  It's a tool to promote her and her products.

Where did I say people were stupid? Look, I am not out to single anyone out here. I'm just speaking in general. I've read elsewhere people say similar things you've said about her promoting through Instagram.  It's a tool to promote her and her products.

I'm the only one who made a point about not finding her Instagram teasing exciting on this thread, 4 minutes before you replied. Of course since your response was intolerant you don't wanna single "anyone" out, but it's pretty ovbious you were refering to what I said regardless if you saw the same thing said somewhere else allegedly and were speaking in general. 

You could've responded "really? how can you say that?!" to me directly and I would've ignored it because I don't care, :monkey: