Edit History

xrayeyes

xrayeyes

46 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

When you consider Jazz, Rock'n roll, Country, House, Techno, funk, Disco are all original black music. And all of the branches and movements that evolve from them. Saying that black artist are not creative or daring is a bit of  an ignorant punch.

When is the last time a white artist had done something that it's not inspired, taken or robbed from black music?

Apart from classical music that it was an elite white European movement, little more.

And yeah there are plenty of metal black artists

I didn't say black people are not creative. Don't twist my words.

I meant the current crop of young black mainstream artists are all following the same dull pattern. That is why music anywhere hasn't been interesting in the last 20 years.

You can go further back and see that black music is a fusion of African tribal rhythms mixed with Irish and Scottish songs from slave masters mixed with Jewish bible song...etc...diffusion is endless and one can't pinpoint an EXACT origin of anything seeing as all culture mixes with whatever it is near to.

The whole "white people are the devil and stole everything" argument is so dull and boring and ignorant. I imagine you are the kind of person who announces his "pronouns"...

I was talking about the current trend of black music, what sells? I also didn't say they it should not be played, just a variety would be nice. Give young black artists the chance to be different instead of peddling the same old recipe over and over. I'll stick to Saul Williams.

We all come from Africa, more people need to remember we all share one root that transcends skin colour and national flag.

Niggy Tardust by Saul Williams

xrayeyes

xrayeyes

27 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

When you consider Jazz, Rock'n roll, Country, House, Techno, funk, Disco are all original black music. And all of the branches and movements that evolve from them. Saying that black artist are not creative or daring is a bit of  an ignorant punch.

When is the last time a white artist had done something that it's not inspired, taken or robbed from black music?

Apart from classical music that it was an elite white European movement, little more.

And yeah there are plenty of metal black artists

I didn't say black people are not creative. Don't twist my words.

I meant the current crop of young black mainstream artists are all following the same dull pattern. That is why music anywhere hasn't been interesting in the last 20 years.

You can go further back and see that black music is a fusion of African tribal rhythms mixed with Irish and Scottish songs from slave masters mixed with Jewish bible song...etc...diffusion is endless and one can't pinpoint an EXACT origin of anything seeing as all culture mixes with whatever it is near to.

The whole "white people are the devil and stole everything" argument is so dull and boring and ignorant.

I was talking about the current trend of black music, what sells? I also didn't say they it should not be played, just a variety would be nice. Give young black artists the chance to be different instead of peddling the same old recipe over and over. I'll stick to Saul Williams.

We all come from Africa, more people need to remember we all share one root that transcends skin colour and national flag.

Important Information

Terms of Use