Edit History

50ft Queenie

50ft Queenie

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Nah thats still very anti-madonna and makes it look as if that was her last career high and biggest personal success. I definitely dont expect every era explored but a much more general life story and ending at ROL is such an incomplete view as to who she is. It needs to have a conflict which i would assume is going to be sexism and ultimately ageism along with connecting it to the messages in her music and ROL is just another era in the scheme of things and her career. David describing it as honest gives me the impression that this movie isnt going to be her bragging about commercial success.

Yeah but in my opinion, these successful biopic movies seem to always end on a triumphant high note and Ray of Light achieves that purpose. Its not like there was not tons of drama and conflict for her to get to that point, including sexism and being raped in New York among loads of other things. I have always pictured the movie opening with a scene of Express Yourself from Truth or Dare because it perfectly sums up who Madonna is but will also get people excited and into the movie right away. Then using flashback to show how she got to that point and then resuming story from there up to Ray of Light. Not only does that album bring her story all the way around as a sort of triumphant rebirth, it also is a very personal and emotional creation that would make for a great ending to the film. The fight against ageism and her charity work feels incomplete because it is. I think the idea of covering her life into the 2000's is logistically impossible within two hours and would be a big mistake from a story perspective. I have always thought ending at Ray of Light is perfect, it feels like the end of one story and the start of another which could play into a movie part two if the biopic meets with box office success.

50ft Queenie

50ft Queenie

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Nah thats still very anti-madonna and makes it look as if that was her last career high and biggest personal success. I definitely dont expect every era explored but a much more general life story and ending at ROL is such an incomplete view as to who she is. It needs to have a conflict which i would assume is going to be sexism and ultimately ageism along with connecting it to the messages in her music and ROL is just another era in the scheme of things and her career. David describing it as honest gives me the impression that this movie isnt going to be her bragging about commercial success.

Yeah but in my opinion, these successful biopic movies seem to always end on a triumphant high note and Ray of Light achieves that purpose. Its not like there was not tons of drama and conflict for her to get to that point, including sexism and being raped in New York among loads of other things. I have always pictured the movie opening with Blond Ambition Tour, and going back to how she got to that point and then resuming story from there up to Ray of Light. Not only does that album bring her story all the way around as a sort of triumphant rebirth, it also is a very personal and emotional creation that would make for a great ending to the film. The fight against ageism and her charity work feels incomplete because it is. I think the idea of covering her life into the 2000's is logistically impossible within two hours and would be a big mistake from a story perspective. I have always thought ending at Ray of Light is perfect, it feels like the end of one story and the start of another which could play into a movie part two if the biopic meets with box office success.

50ft Queenie

50ft Queenie

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Yeah but in my opinion, these successful biopic movies seem to always end on a triumphant high note and Ray of Light achieves that purpose. Its not like there was not tons of drama and conflict for her to get to that point, including sexism and being raped in New York among loads of other things. I have always pictured the movie opening with Blond Ambition Tour, and going back to how she got to that point and then resuming story from there up to Ray of Light. Not only does that album bring her story all the way around as a sort of triumphant rebirth, it also is a very personal and emotional creation that would make for a great ending to the film. The fight against ageism and her charity work feels incomplete because it is. I think the idea of covering her life into the 2000's is logistically impossible within two hours and would be a big mistake from a story perspective. I have always thought ending at Ray of Light is perfect, it feels like the end of one story and the start of another.

50ft Queenie

50ft Queenie

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Yeah but in my opinion, these successful biopic movies seem to always end on a triumphant high note and Ray of Light achieves that purpose. Its not like there was not tons of drama and conflict for her to get to that point, including sexism and being raped in New York. I have always pictured the movie opening with Blond Ambition Tour, and going back to how she got to that point and then resuming story from there up to Ray of Light. Not only does that album bring her story all the way around as a sort of triumphant rebirth, it also is a very personal and emotional creation that would make for a great ending to the film. The fight against ageism and her charity work feels incomplete because it is. I think the idea of covering her life into the 2000's is logistically impossible within two hours and would be a big mistake from a story perspective. I have always thought ending at Ray of Light is perfect, it feels like the end of one story and the start of another.

50ft Queenie

50ft Queenie

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Yeah but in my opinion, these successful biopic movies seem to always end on a triumphant high note and Ray of Light achieves that purpose. Not only does that album bring her story all the way around as a sort of triumphant rebirth, it also is a very personal and emotional creation that would make for a great ending to the film. The fight against ageism and her charity work feels incomplete because it is. I think the idea of covering her life into the 2000's is logistically impossible within two hours and would be a big mistake from a story perspective. I have always thought ending at Ray of Light is perfect, it feels like the end of one story and the start of another.

Important Information

Terms of Use