The Official M new Music SPECULATION thread 👑

nikolica

Something about Hard Candy felt like sucking the sweet with the wrapper still on. Objectively there are a handful of decent enough songs on there but there’s something hugely off about it. It really was the first time I felt she’d missed the mark with something she’d usually excel at. 
American Life was not easily digestible either but it felt like she was really trying something different. Hard Candy should have been a home run. I suppose part of me is pissed at timberland for saying it was like her debut and the idea oh him and pharrel seemed unstoppable considering the run of amazing albums they’d just had with other artists. 
Sadly the entire era was less than the sum of its parts. 

and I’m still pissed she passed up the Pet Shop Boys writes to deliver what we’d got. When it fact some Pet Shop Boys writes would have given the album the edge it really needed. 

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

Something about Hard Candy felt like sucking the sweet with the wrapper still on. Objectively there are a handful of decent enough songs on there but there’s something hugely off about it. It really was the first time I felt she’d missed the mark with something she’d usually excel at. 
American Life was not easily digestible either but it felt like she was really trying something different. Hard Candy should have been a home run. I suppose part of me is pissed at timberland for saying it was like her debut and the idea oh him and pharrel seemed unstoppable considering the run of amazing albums they’d just had with other artists. 

and I’m still pissed she passed up the Pet Shop Boys writes to deliver what we’d got. When it fact some Pet Shop Boys writes would have given the album the edge it really needed. 

Pet Shop Boys are the best seriously saw them live last year brilliant 

But yes after Confessions and their SORRY remix it would've made sense organically and sold well/done well but I just feel end of contract she signed off on it and wanted out Warner wanted her to garner the American audience moreso ...so yeah it was chaotic sadly and the result was mixed perhaps that she followed that trend 

18 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Bedtime was always one of her best albums to listen to all the way through as a mood piece. It's aged like wine. Hard Candy has aged like milk. 

Awww Bedtime STORIES is one of the greatest albums ever I adore the mood ambience survival and healing themed ....both in trend and ahead of the game it is literally a dreamy early hours of the morning style album after EROTICA nightlife style of 10 pm to 2....this is the hangover early hours healing vibe ....then something to remember the Sunday afternoon hehe 

Joking aside BEDTIME STORIES is so artistic that's why it still sounds fresh today yes working with babyface was engineered but the Bristol music scene influence with nellee hopper was a fantastic idea and really was a link to Ray of Light and where she went there just incredible and love her links to British mus8c scene it's so diverse and wonderful 

Hard Candy literally was designed to be on the trend of Timbo and Pharrell ...it's funny hearing Mileys new Song DOCTOR thinking it sounds that same disco funk sound too so in a way it's of its ear of sounding like mid 00s r n b pop but also fits today's sound too 4 Minutes, Give it to me, Heartbeat, She's not Me, Miles Away, Dance tonight and Beat Goes On still sound smooth ...Voices I'd ok DWRY is my favourite and could've been a great halloween release for ksdt attemot hit too 

But I feel HC she didn't care when it was released she just wanted to tour and get out of Guy Itchy relationship too ....it was her DONT WORRY AMERICA IM COMING BACK album 

18 hours ago, steady75 said:

Pet Shop Boys are the best seriously saw them live last year brilliant 

But yes after Confessions and their SORRY remix it would've made sense organically and sold well/done well but I just feel end of contract she signed off on it and wanted out Warner wanted her to garner the American audience moreso ...so yeah it was chaotic sadly and the result was mixed perhaps that s

32 minutes ago, steady75 said:

9 years ago since Madonna's Brit awards performance ....well on my birthday 25th Feb I'll never forget eating a pancake and seeing my idol get dragged by Cape and being so inspired by her Rebel Heart era getting back up and nailing it 

Tonight the brut awards is on and Kylie minogue is getting the recognition at ironically a year younger than Madonna was when she gave us living for love 

18 hours ago, steady75 said:

brit-awards-performance03.jpg

6 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

9 years ago since Madonna's Brit awards performance ....well on my birthday 25th Feb I'll never forget eating a pancake and seeing my idol get dragged by Cape and being so inspired by her Rebel Heart era getting back up and nailing it 

Tonight the brut awards is on and Kylie minogue is getting the recognition at ironically a year younger than Madonna was when she gave us living for love 

brit-awards-performance03.jpg

happy birthday dear!!!!

hope the best for you!!!!

amazing performance !!!!

she fall but she rise again like a Real Queen........

5 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

happy birthday dear!!!!

hope the best for you!!!!

amazing performance !!!!

she fall but she rise again like a Real Queen........

I know I keep going on about REBEL HEART 

but I adore the era and wish it was as big as Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer, Ray of Light, Music and Confessions like I really feel Living for Love and Ghost town had potential to be big number 1 songs and Wash All over Me avuccii mix would've been a hit too for sure ! May he rest in power 

Awww thank you pisces season energy keeps me going. Yeah loved this performance with minotaurs it was iconic she got back up on my birthday yay 

f0467960789054942a605d2adc33afe5.jpg

20 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

I know I keep going on about REBEL HEART 

but I adore the era and wish it was as big as Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer, Ray of Light, Music and Confessions like I really feel Living for Love and Ghost town had potential to be big number 1 songs and Wash All over Me avuccii mix would've been a hit too for sure ! May he rest in power 

Awww thank you pisces season energy keeps me going. Yeah loved this performance with minotaurs it was iconic she got back up on my birthday yay 

f0467960789054942a605d2adc33afe5.jpg

rebel heart was a fantastic era....... love so much that album........

48 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

rebel heart was a fantastic era....... love so much that album........

I don't understand why fans get anti REBEL HEART like I love the songs on there so much and I feel with visual focus in promo it would've been much bigger , MDNA I feel sadly she was so shady to Gaga and co that it had negative impact on that era commercially and Rebel Heart then couldn't fully recoup damage control from the leaks either which is a shame because man alive it's a fab album 

madonna1.png

4 hours ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

I don't understand why fans get anti REBEL HEART like I love the songs on there so much and I feel with visual focus in promo it would've been much bigger , MDNA I feel sadly she was so shady to Gaga and co that it had negative impact on that era commercially and Rebel Heart then couldn't fully recoup damage control from the leaks either which is a shame because man alive it's a fab album 

madonna1.png

truth!

rebel heart deserve much bigger recognition......

4 hours ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

madonna1.png

Yeah, I'm totally "in" Rebel Heart.  To me, it's the most commercial and includes a lot of songs that could have easily been singles if the music industry wasn't so ageist.  I still don't understand how money wasn't able to get her wish in how she wanted to truly present this album as a "double album" (even though it ended up being released in multiple formats, allowing her to release a Deluxe and Super Deluxe version, which essentially is a double album).  My guess Interscope didn't want it to be counted as a double album due to they probably wanted to get at least one more new album from her in the future (Madame X).  Still, it's a fabulous album and despite how she hated the recording process of this album, she produced a lot of great tracks with some fantastic produces and other musicians.

Joan of Arc,  Rebel Heart, Addicted all deserve to be singles.

1 hour ago, McDonna said:

Yeah, I'm totally "in" Rebel Heart.  To me, it's the most commercial and includes a lot of songs that could have easily been singles if the music industry wasn't so ageist.  I still don't understand how money wasn't able to get her wish in how she wanted to truly present this album as a "double album" (even though it ended up being released in multiple formats, allowing her to release a Deluxe and Super Deluxe version, which essentially is a double album).  My guess Interscope didn't want it to be counted as a double album due to they probably wanted to get at least one more new album from her in the future (Madame X).  Still, it's a fabulous album and despite how she hated the recording process of this album, she produced a lot of great tracks with some fantastic produces and other musicians.

Joan of Arc,  Rebel Heart, Addicted all deserve to be singles.

Yes yes yes @McDonnamate love fellow rebel heart era fans ... I feel she could've given each sing a visual and things to keep the era alive across 2015 so much could've been done with these excellent songs 

Yes must've been a chaotic era and recording process but the end result was so personal raw and out there 

3 hours ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

Yes yes yes @McDonnamate love fellow rebel heart era fans ... I feel she could've given each sing a visual and things to keep the era alive across 2015 so much could've been done with these excellent songs 

Yes must've been a chaotic era and recording process but the end result was so personal raw and out there 

I can understand her frustration because she prefers to be in the studio with her producers.  Not to say, she can't adapt to the new way of recording things. Still, I think she really came through with a fantastic album like Rebel Heart.  :luv:

11 hours ago, McDonna said:

I can understand her frustration because she prefers to be in the studio with her producers.  Not to say, she can't adapt to the new way of recording things. Still, I think she really came through with a fantastic album like Rebel Heart.  :luv:

I know like ...it's crazy to think that everything from her debut - Hard Candy she kept to the traditional in studio recording together sharing exchanging etc ...MDNA was all these demos sending all over the place and whatever Rebel Heart too and Madame X was what she tried to do best she could with what she got too to get it together with everyone in studio 

It's crazy to think that's what the industry is like now ....it's all distant which she spoke about during rebel heart era how distant everyone is ....and that's a decade ago !!! Crazy to think that really 

4 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

I know like ...it's crazy to think that everything from her debut - Hard Candy she kept to the traditional in studio recording together sharing exchanging etc ...MDNA was all these demos sending all over the place and whatever Rebel Heart too and Madame X was what she tried to do best she could with what she got too to get it together with everyone in studio 

It's crazy to think that's what the industry is like now ....it's all distant which she spoke about during rebel heart era how distant everyone is ....and that's a decade ago !!! Crazy to think that really 

I'm sure she'll run into that issue from this point on, depending on who she might work with in the future.  I'm really hoping when she comes off tour (and rests), that she'll go into the studio with The Weeknd.  I just hope it's not too late to hop on that idea.  Then again, maybe it's best they only did one off thing together and not try to re-create the success with something else, because more and likely it won't be the same.

2 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I'm sure she'll run into that issue from this point on, depending on who she might work with in the future.  I'm really hoping when she comes off tour (and rests), that she'll go into the studio with The Weeknd.  I just hope it's not too late to hop on that idea.  Then again, maybe it's best they only did one off thing together and not try to re-create the success with something else, because more and likely it won't be the same.

On Like a Prayer anniversary it's bizarre thinking how she Leonard and Bray pushed so hard during a traumatic time for her to create art in that studio and it be such a BLOCKBUSTER like genuinely amazing 

It does surprise me in some ways she didn't take time with MDNA, REBEL HEART to make them more cohesive in the ever changing rise in social media and things back then for it all to translate beautifully as best they could ....Madame ax I think would've benefit from that coming after a more successful era before it to then be BIG in 2019 it was all about Ariana, Billie Eilish and the Star is Born soundtrack that Madame X felt like it was simmering in the background moreso than going BOOM like it deserved perhaps 

5 years since it was announced a new album was under way then look at state of the world now she warned us 

I doubt we will get a new album this year but hopefully soon she can release something even if it's only 9 songs or something with a few great visuals to appeal ....do her equivalent of Bowies the Next Day pop version at the same age he was 

the-eras-tour-madonnas-version-v0-jffjiuwv9dib1.png

5 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

Like imagine a properly constructed follow up album with kids to the past even if it's her last studio album for a while 

With success of POPULAR I think that her influence in the market will hit hard 

09mag-madonna1-articleLarge-v2.jpg

I think that's what they are counting on.  A lot of people are either getting re-introduced to her and/or introduced to her for the first time.  It's hard to believe even though in their 20's and 30's not knowing who Madonna is or at least not know of a song of hers. But it's possible.  At the same time, it seems most people are very positive with Madonna's inclusion on Popular.  I've watched a lot of reaction videos as well, and many are shocked how good she looks and sounds.  One could hope, we're gonna see more of a positive support for her as many are actually giving her props for staying strong and still playing up the bad girl image.

20 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I think that's what they are counting on.  A lot of people are either getting re-introduced to her and/or introduced to her for the first time.  It's hard to believe even though in their 20's and 30's not knowing who Madonna is or at least not know of a song of hers. But it's possible.  At the same time, it seems most people are very positive with Madonna's inclusion on Popular.  I've watched a lot of reaction videos as well, and many are shocked how good she looks and sounds.  One could hope, we're gonna see more of a positive support for her as many are actually giving her props for staying strong and still playing up the bad girl image.

I mean we have seen it with Kylie's padam padam 

If she gets THAT hit song and the era will follow I do feel she should Collab with Ariana, Billie Eilish and things ahead of her next album to really build her portfolio and awareness before next album I know albums aren't THE talking point it's all in merchandise and things but she could nail it next era