Edit History

MadonnaDave

MadonnaDave

On 6/23/2024 at 8:51 AM, skyfitswim said:

i wish skin or sky fits heaven what the second singel and  i do like no substitute for love a lot and the video but it was not maybe for the charts 

still on of her best albums ever 

I much preferred Frozen to Ray of Kight at the time. RoL is good and grew on me. It was very popular in the UK. But I think Frozen is lush and beautiful and one of her best ever. I played it to death while waiting for the album. 

Skin definitely had single potential and leant itself to remixing to sell maxi singles. I think it’s an underrated Madonna song. Drowned World has a good video, but isn’t an obvious single. I would have jumped straight to Power of Goodbye to showcase the slower / ballad side of the album. 

Madonna never performed Skin in concert. I get the impression she likes Candy Perfume Girl, which is one of my least favourite on the album. 

Sky Fits Heaven and remixes would face been an amazing single and video. But I’m sure I heard at the time that she wasn’t allowed to release it as a single, because she got in trouble for plagiarising the lyrics. Is that true? 

MadonnaDave

MadonnaDave

On 6/23/2024 at 8:51 AM, skyfitswim said:

i wish skin or sky fits heaven what the second singel and  i do like no substitute for love a lot and the video but it was not maybe for the charts 

still on of her best albums ever 

Skin definitely had single potential and leant itself to remixing to sell maxi singles. I think it’s an underrated Madonna song. Drowned World has a good video, but isn’t an obvious single. I would have jumped straight to Power of Goodbye to showcase the slower / ballad side of the album. 

Madonna never performed Skin in concert. I get the impression she likes Candy Perfume Girl, which is one of my least favourite on the album. 

Sky Fits Heaven and remixes would face been an amazing single and video. But I’m sure I heard at the time that she wasn’t allowed to release it as a single, because she got in trouble for plagiarising the lyrics. Is that true? 

Important Information

Terms of Use