We-R-Superstars Debacle

IDK he's been around since the 90s. 

I dont know how big or small he is to be honest but we all know how shady the music industry is. Billboard won't really lose much by being paid to write a big sounding article, clearly the song is gonna be a success so mission accomplished.

Just that says a lot.

Billboard was dethroning her a couple of years ago. I don't like 'em. 

What you say is true, it could be her

But the fact that the release is the same original track and it's being released on a label not at all associated with Madonna plus she being still in the studio plus that we seem to know a ton of people who have collaborated with her and Sander is not included, it all adds up to it not being her imho. All the points have buts and ifs, it's just that in summation the odds go way down.

Well, everyone in the music world has been trying to dethrone her since her early days.  Silly fools. HA!!  I am not taking it personal though.  She's 30 years into her career, of course even reputable publications will try to push her aside. But the fact, she keeps topping the dance chart with even her new releases says something for being considered "Dance Legend".  Also, Madonna has been etched so far into pop culture, everyone loves a "comeback", even though, she hasn't gone anywhere. Though, the general public is less aware of her new music then say when she was popular in the 80's and the 90's.

As for the track sounding the same, well, it's all speculation right now since we don't know how much input she's put into it other than what we hear. Though, what's wrong with it being the same original track?  I mean, other than the fact, it's been floating around for at least a year, when was the first time YOU heard it? I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the fan base only first heard of this track when  it was teased at Billboard. The general public... well unless you go to clubs and heard the DJ's set, no one else has really heard of this track before either.

It's now easy to say it's an "old" track, when after some digging, we found out the DJ posted an earlier sample of it a  year ago on a Facebook page. Music has to start somewhere, sometime. Some of the most successful songs had taken a back seat before it became huge or mainstream. For instance, that song "Say Something" by Great Big World/Christina Aguelera that has been very popular for about a year now, the original artists recorded that over two years ago. They had been playing it in their sets. And then, "bam" Christina Aguelera lends her voice on it and that song blows up. Nothing changed with the song other than she sang with the original track. A lot of popular songs have been around much longer than you thought before they became successful or part of someone's album, etc. 

No, there's no problem with it being the same track, its just that lately she's been doing it a lot, with Revolver, TUTR, probably GGW.... and they've all been inferior tracks.  :grin:

I want her own inspiration like in 2004 when she wrote all those wonderful demos and 2005 with Confessions.

By the way "Fighter", I'm just offering some food for thought, so I totally understand why you aren't getting your hopes up about the track. But I still feel it has to be someone bigger than some unknown DJ. The hints lead me to believe it is some artist that was more popular if not a household name.

No, there's no problem with it being the same track, its just that lately she's been doing it a lot, with Revolver, TUTR, probably GGW.... and they've all been inferior tracks.  :grin:

I want her own inspiration like in 2004 when she wrote all those wonderful demos and 2005 with Confessions.

But you know she's always relied heavily on producers to give her tracks. Go back as far as "Live to Tell", the backing track (yet much longer) was already composed and shopped around before it got to her. It seems "La Isla Bonita" was the same way. As for the "Confessions" track, I've always got the impression that Stuart was behind much of the music while she offered her input through lyrics.

Still, this is just one song (if it was true to be her). We know she's been in the studio since the beginning of this year. No doubt, she's put a lot of input in many of the songs for this next album, and I believe she has of every album. While many write "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" as a Timbaland/Timberlake remake of one of Justin's old tracks, we do know that that song existed several albums prior.

It's also the fact that she's sort of repeating herself. When I was doing the mash-up, Music and Hung Up lined up so perfectly it was crazy. Same key, similar arragements, similar vibe.

But you can do that with most artists. They all have their signature sound. Though, I feel Madonna has changed it up through the years with the start of "Justify My Love" by exploring Hip hop, and then exploring electronica. Yet, she still somehow doesn't stray too far from her roots. I know a lot of people say "Ray of Light" was a big change for her musically, and yeah, in someways it is, but she was exploring the sound with Bedtime Stories with the title track and "Sanctuary" specifically.

I don't think producers come up with most/all the melodies for her to be honest, otherwise there wouldn't be a trademark vibe to her work and there is, ovbiously some of the songs you mentioned are the exception, but I do believe she's come up with a lot of stuff herself. Maybe less in recent years.

Still as good as WRS is, its too similar to her previous work...

GMAYL was unlike anything she had done and I still like the song. 

I don't think producers come up with most/all the melodies for her to be honest, otherwise there wouldn't be a trademark vibe to her work and there is, ovbiously some of the songs you mentioned are the exception, but I do believe she's come up with a lot of stuff herself. Maybe less in recent years.

Still as good as WRS is, its too similar to her previous work...

GMAYL was unlike anything she had done and I still like the song. 

Oh, I think she probably relies more on producers these days than in the past. But we do know now that even far back as Like A Virgin, she was given tracks and turned them into huge songs. "Like A Virgin", "Material Girl", "Live to Tell", "Papa Don't Preach", "Open Your Heart", "La Isla Bonita".  Many of these tracks she pretty much lent her voice to it as even the lyrics were already written for her. 

And yeah, I love GMAYL, but I also enjoy the follow up singles. I'm one of the few fans who isn't too fond of one of the fan favs from MDNA: "I'm Addicted".

I agree she has a formula to a lot of her songs. You can hear it with "Celebration" and then easily connect it with classic songs like "Holiday", "Where's The Party", "Into The Groove", "Spotlight", "Music" and even "Get Together".

She knew how to turn them into classics and social commentary.

From the MDNA singles I only love GMAYL tbh, GGW and TUTR are too generic for my taste. woops

I love GGW. TUTR still decent, but lacked something. Still, I think those were the most radio friendly songs, especially GGW. Only proved to me that radio puts artist out to pasture no matter how radio friendly the songs are.

I love GGW. TUTR still decent, but lacked something. Still, I think those were the most radio friendly songs, especially GGW. Only proved to me that radio puts artist out to pasture no matter how radio friendly the songs are.

they could've worked for Rihanna but for her they just seemed weak imho.

Could the song, "We R Superstars" be produced by Nile Rodgers?

"But as revealed ..., the resurgent producer and guitarist, Nile Rodgers also plans to have his past and present collide on one song. “I’m just finishing up a new song for CHIC that’s going to feature almost everybody that’s ever sung with me,†he said on Twitter. “I can’t wait to do that session.â€

If production credits count, then “everybody†would include Michael Jackson, Paul Simon and Bob Dylan. Diana Ross, Duran Duran and INXS. It would include Madonna and Grace Jones. Pharrell and Daft Punk, certainly. Disclosure and Sam Smith. Adam Lambert."

Could the song, "We R Superstars" be produced by Nile Rodgers?

"But as revealed ..., the resurgent producer and guitarist, Nile Rodgers also plans to have his past and present collide on one song. “I’m just finishing up a new song for CHIC that’s going to feature almost everybody that’s ever sung with me,†he said on Twitter. “I can’t wait to do that session.â€

If production credits count, then “everybody†would include Michael Jackson, Paul Simon and Bob Dylan. Diana Ross, Duran Duran and INXS. It would include Madonna and Grace Jones. Pharrell and Daft Punk, certainly. Disclosure and Sam Smith. Adam Lambert."

Nile Rodgers recently stated he would like to work with Madonna, but said he wasn't. I've read other fans trying to make this same connection. Also, what tells me that Niles is not involved is the fact the Billboard hints said that this "Dance legend" is taking "cues from Daft Punk". Why would Niles take cues from Daft Punk when he originally was part of that sound in the 70's and 80's?

:Madonna047:

So @Billboard's disco clip is NOT #Madonna? "shape-shifting dance legend"? F outta here Billboard : http://www.dmcworld.net/features/entry/features/sander-kleinenberg-2.html

im sure some people will keep believing its her till the end.  :Madonna050:

like, when the album arrives and there's no WRS on it, then maybe they'll finally say.......... she's saving the song for later. 

So @Billboard's disco clip is NOT #Madonna? "shape-shifting dance legend"? F outta here Billboard : http://www.dmcworld.net/features/entry/features/sander-kleinenberg-2.html

Can't say this really disproves Madonna isn't involved in the track.  We all know Sander created the song. Madonna has been known to use producers/DJ tracks for her songs. At the same time, Billboard certainly tried to allude this song involved someone more than just an unknown DJ. WTF? Now, I am not going to take a blast at them because Madonna wasn't involved, since they never mentioned names. It's just I expected someone much more known than a DJ that most people do no tknow. Good publicity for him for sure.

It's time for me to let go that ounce of hope Madonna was involved. I only held onto hope because I liked the song. I can see why Madonna's camp didn't come in to squash the rumors. For one, she never once claimed or hinted that song was hers. Also, it got people talking and anticipating for her new album more. Impatient fans exlcuded. :Madonna049: