Game: + and - of Madonna Songs

Revolver 

+ Something from HC "era" I can actually jam to, as I found a handy version with the vocal turned UP. The beat is fun, the lyrics are crap. Sounds like it was made in about 5 minutes.

- Lil Wayne. You can hardly hear Madonna over all the noise (thanks again for the vocal turned up version, whoever made it)

Next: Nobody Knows Me

Nobody Knows Me,

Positive: Its sound is futuristic, the lyrics are simple but full of meaning, both tours performances have been fantastic so far.

Negative: It was only a promo single whose remixes were added to a single the general public never knew about (Nothing Fails).

Next, I Want You (Orchestral) :1f614:

I Want You (Orchestral)

Positives: This is just "stripped down" version of I Want You, and Madonna's voice sounds beautiful with strings only.

Negatives: Though it sounds great, I'm not able to listen to it all the time. It becomes boring when I listen to this song over and over .

(God! It was hard to describe positives and negatives ;D )

Next song: Promise To Try

Promise to Try,

Positive: I adore the rawness in her voice, so melodic and dramatic but yet so real!!

Negative: After reading Christopher's book and the passage about the visit Madonna did to the grave of her mother (which was captured in Truth or Dare), all the magic kind of disappeared to me, it seemed half of that movie was unnatural which is obviously a downer.

Next, Falling Free (Ferry Corsten Mix)

:jamming:

Secret

Positive: EVERYTHING! What she portrayed not only with this song, but with the whole album, it's something really beautiful. The video it's one of her best ones. This is the single where she (or the record label) started to care about the remixes that were released; went from hip hop to club anthems (let's remember that the remixes included on previous releases like Erotica were almost the same remixes but with different names)

Negative: Not including the Marlene Dietrich look on the final video (she looked so beautiful)

Next is Mother And Father

Next: Frozen (Sticky & Sweet Tour Version)

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS  :Madonna055:

Positive: HOLY EFF WHAT A FANTASTIC REMIX IDEA I LIVE FOR THE CALVIN HARRIS SAMPLE FUN FACT WHEN I WAS LISTENING TO THE STUDIO VERSION FOR THE FIRST TIME I DIDN'T KNOW THAT WAS THERE SO MY REACTION WHEN IT SHOWED UP WAS KIND OF LIKE  :Madonna024:

Negative: It's so sad we don't have one with the official vocals. I get the deep vocals are supposed to sound more like her, and at some parts they do, and at other parts...  :mama010:

Next: The Erotic Candy Shop (MDNA Tour Studio Mix)

The Beat Goes On

+ oh my god I love it! it sounds so simple, but it's an amazing dance tune at the same time! the acoustic guitar on the beginning lifts you up immediately, the R&B roots on it, the 'I can't keep waiting for you' part, how different is from the finished version... I love it!

- the spoken part on the beginning, with the echo, iis kinda annoying tbh.

next song: Falling Free

Skin:

Positive: I feel like I'm lost between dimensions and float in time ends when I hear this song. It's SO good, it really gets me like i'm traveling and traveling and discovering everything like i own everything and I LOVE this song.

Negative: TBH for me there's no negative point in this masterpiece aljsçlalçslakçsk

next up iss............ Nothing Fails. If NF was already chosen, Hung Up (Sticky & Sweet Tour Version). Posted Image

Vogue

+ the most iconic Madonna song in history. it settled a path and a way to make pop music for the future. it's been over 25 years and it still spunds so fresh, and there are so few songs that can be said the same about. it's the drums, the lyrics, the mood, her vocal performance on top... the history of the song itself, and what it caused to society. you can't talk about The Queen if you skip this song.

- no. nothing negative. its her most important song.

next song: Burning Up.