Edit History

maddy1111

maddy1111

13 hours ago, Andreo said:

Most of your 'unpopular' opinions are quite popular tbh lol.

1) Hard Candy is a good fun album, not even remotely a bad album actually. You just are obsessed with the "sounded dated" excuse lol :jamming:

2) Madame X is a masterpiece, the bonus tracks are great and Ciao Bella  deserves more! :luv:

3) LAP album is overrated af, it's not as mature as it's described (looking at you Cherish and Dear Jessie)... :Madonna021:

4) the hard Candy cover is great, it's cool, sexy and a big "fuck u" to ageism! :Madonna015:

5) most of her "bad" stuff such as MDNA or RH, would be acclaimed if released by other artists! 

6) DWT is in her top 3 tours! :pop:

7) LAV is super overrated by older fans, it's not better than RH imo

I have many unpopular opinion but these are the only ones that came to my mind rn lol! 

Actually I ageee with most of them.. 

1) yeah, the album came late when Timbaland sound was already outdated and I can agree with most fans that it's a downgrade from her previous perfect flow of high quality albums (RoL, Music, AL, COADF) however it's not that "bad" album as some fans present. Actually, I listen to Hard Candy a lot especially in summer, for some reason it's a perfect album for hot sunny weather for me.. Even if I definitely wouldn't put it amongst my top 5 Madonna albums, doesn't necessarily mean it's such a bad record

2) no doubt about it, I guess majority of fans can agree with Madame X being masterpiece and Madonna back in form and being creative with that record.. Of course, not everyone but in general it's accepted as a good record amongst fans 

3) this is actually a VERY GOOD point.. I love LAP but I have never understood why it's acclaimed as such mature album... Of course, it's definitely MUCH more mature than her previous albums (even if True Blue has at least Papa dont preach song) but in general it's not that mature record since it also has totally playful, bubble gummy tracks such as Cherish or Dear Jessie. 

Rhythm Nation by Janet from the same era is much more mature album than LAP.. which doesn't make LAP any worse of an album, but still it just is

4) this is the one I disagree the most :-) I accept that a few people like it, but in general it's simply not good cover... Despite Madonna looking unappealing, What's the point of Madonna being presented as boxer? How is that connected to the sound of an album (which is absolutely not hip-hop heavy). How is it connected to the album title? They just smashed candies behind her for no reason at all. It's just a mess, not linked together. But yeah, that's just my opinion :)

5) Completely agree...  Actually most of young Madonna non-fans/casual listeners of her really like RH (even my mother listen RH a lot!) . It would be definitely more acclaimed album by general public if someone else's released it in 2015. Only thing I cannot forgive her that she decided not to include David Guetas tracks (RH, Addicted, Borrowed Time, Wash All over Me) but changed those to reallu stripped down versions. 

6) it is.. I actually prefer it even over Blond Ambition that I find overrated by older fans. No doubt about significance of BA tour, but she has better tours from viewers perspective 

7) I think this one is not even unpopular, lol.. There are many fans that rank LAV as their least favorite Madonna album. It's actually the ONLY ONE album I NEVER listen in full by Madonna. After Dress You Up I cannot stand this album (sorry not sorry) 

PS: I am still interested about your other unpopular opinions ;-) 

maddy1111

maddy1111

13 hours ago, Andreo said:

Most of your 'unpopular' opinions are quite popular tbh lol.

1) Hard Candy is a good fun album, not even remotely a bad album actually. You just are obsessed with the "sounded dated" excuse lol :jamming:

2) Madame X is a masterpiece, the bonus tracks are great and Ciao Bella  deserves more! :luv:

3) LAP album is overrated af, it's not as mature as it's described (looking at you Cherish and Dear Jessie)... :Madonna021:

4) the hard Candy cover is great, it's cool, sexy and a big "fuck u" to ageism! :Madonna015:

5) most of her "bad" stuff such as MDNA or RH, would be acclaimed if released by other artists! 

6) DWT is in her top 3 tours! :pop:

7) LAV is super overrated by older fans, it's not better than RH imo

I have many unpopular opinion but these are the only ones that came to my mind rn lol! 

Actually I ageee with most of them.. 

1) yeah, the album came late when Timbaland sound was already outdated and I can agree with most fans that it's an downgrade from her previous perfect flow of high quality albums (RoL, Music, AL, COADF) however it's not that "bad" album as some fans present. Actually, I listen to Hard Candy a lot especially in summer, for some reason it's a perfect album for hot sunny weather for me.. Even if I definitely wouldn't put in amongst my top 5 Madonna albums, doesn't necessarily mean it's such a bad record

2) no doubt about it, I guess majority of fans can agree with Madame X being masterpiece and Madonna back in form and being creative with that record.. Of course, not everyone but in general it's accepted as a good record amongst fans 

3) this is actually a VERY GOOD point.. I love LAP but I have never understood why it's acclaimed as such mature album... Of course, it's definitely MUCH more mature than her previous albums (even if True Blue has at least Papa dont preach sonf) but in general it's not that mature record since it also has tracks such as Cherish or Dear Jessie. 

Rhythm Nation by Janet from the same era is much more mature album than LAP.. Which doesn't make LAL any worse of an album, but still it just is

4) this is the one I disagree the most :-) I accept few people like it, but in general it's simply not good... Despite Madonna looking unappealing, What's the point of Madonna being presented as boxer? How is that connected to the sound of an album (which is absolutely not hiphop heavy). How is it connected to the album title? They just smashed candies behind her for no reason at all. It's just a mess, not linked together. But yeah, that's just my opinion :)

5) Completely agree...  Actually most of young Madonna non-fans/casual listeners of her really like RH. It would be definitely more acclaimed album if someone else's released it in 2015. Only thing I cannot forgive her that she decided not to include David Guetas tracks (RH, Addicted, Borrowed Time, Wash All over Me) but changed those to reallu stripped down versions. 

6) it is.. I actually prefer it even over Blond Ambition that I find overrated by older fans. No doubt about significance of that tour,but she has better tour from viewers perspective 

7) I think this one is not even unpopular.. There are many fans that rank LAV as their least favorite Madonna album. It's actually the ONLY ONE album I NEVER listen in full by Madonna. After Dress You Up I cannot stand this album (sorry not sorry) 

PS: I am still interested about your other unpopular opinions ;-) 

Important Information

Terms of Use