Madonna and related artists on music platforms

LikeAMelody

I wasn't sure what to name this thread so excuse the awkward title. 

It's just that after listening to two profound Madonna songs with pretty serious lyrics...two what I would describe as not so profound songs came on after by other artists. 

I will go with the second song after I listened to Secret by Madonna to talk about.  A song came on that I would describe as an 80's fun song but not what I would call deep. It kinda annoyed me that Madonna's work, no matter how amazing, is often compared to just "fun" little songs. 

? I am trying to make my point without criticizing other music that I like so bear with me. I like fun songs but for me they do not compare with a more serious song. For me. 

Does anyone else experience this? Do you feel Madonna's work is often compared to music like I described? Is this the public's perception of her? Is this "music's" perception of her? Did I not listen long enough to hear a more serious song? 

? Am I just ranting? 

Music is music... I see nothing wrong in fun pop songs... Madonna has a great deal of them... and when I make my own playlists I constaly place fun pop songs next to songs with deep lyrics... For me one sided is boring... I need a mix of things... a mix of deep songs and nonsens songs, a mix of pop, rock, dance, disco etc.. etc...