Edit History

50ft Queenie

50ft Queenie

4 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

It's good. It's not THAT good. :Madonna049:

Commenting on collabs...  You have to admit, M doesn't have a great track record with collabs. They're usually not amazing. And the one thing that separates most of these other artists is that they have a "sound" that they usually bring to the collab. Whereas Madonna being the chameleon she's always been... doesn't have that instantly recognizable sound she brings to the table. (What is a Madonna sound?) Her voice changes, her genres change. (Champagne Rose she's a Chinese Robot.)

I think she's missing a big opportunity to not make a Ray of Light part 2.   NOT EXACTLY THE SAME before everyone attacks the idea. But... go watch the Nothing Really Matters video. The visuals, the elements of the song. It's essentially emotional electro house music with pianos playing psychotic chromatic notes in a breakdown. It didn't sound like anything before, and it still doesn't sound like anything now. The vocal harmonies. The background singers. BRING BACK NIKI AND DONNA. a bridge that doesn't seem tacked on as an after thought/or a chore but actually completes the song. Songs that have a personal meaning for her, but are universally understood. I think Crazy is a "catchy" song, but I feel absolutely NOTHING when I listen to it. I don't feel the pain she's singing about. The metaphors are so random that you almost have to study the lyrics to understand what they're going for. It's so try hard and all I can do is wish I was listening to Crazy by Gnarls Barkley. 

Ok Im just rambling. 

She also needs to properly mix her music. 

A truly emotive album is exactly what I feel like she has been missing for a long time now. She tried to bring that back with Rebel Heart but the flow of the record was ruined by stupid tracks like SEX and Bitch Im Madonna.I am totally tired of the dance albums and get kinda mad about all the fans clamoring for another Confessions. It would be cool to see Madonna come up with something truly deep and personal but without being a bore, something that Ray of Light achieved perfectly, I enjoyed Madame X but it was much too experimental to be a big chart success. I feel like Madonna and her team are doing a very good job right now of promotion and keeping her in the public eye and dont want to see opportunities for a hit fucked up by incompetent promotion from her label, poor lead single choice and messy collaborations. Another thing is that the quality of her music should never be judged on chart success as that is often dictated by an artists current popularity rather than actual quality, Ed Sheeran could come up with the worst crap imaginable and it would still be a hit, surely that recent abomination by him and Elton John has shown us that. OK, I am done with my rant now.

50ft Queenie

50ft Queenie

Commenting on collabs...  You have to admit, M doesn't have a great track record with collabs. They're usually not amazing. And the one thing that separates most of these other artists is that they have a "sound" that they usually bring to the collab. Whereas Madonna being the chameleon she's always been... doesn't have that instantly recognizable sound she brings to the table. (What is a Madonna sound?) Her voice changes, her genres change. (Champagne Rose she's a Chinese Robot.)

I think she's missing a big opportunity to not make a Ray of Light part 2.   NOT EXACTLY THE SAME before everyone attacks the idea. But... go watch the Nothing Really Matters video. The visuals, the elements of the song. It's essentially emotional electro house music with pianos playing psychotic chromatic notes in a breakdown. It didn't sound like anything before, and it still doesn't sound like anything now. The vocal harmonies. The background singers. BRING BACK NIKI AND DONNA. a bridge that doesn't seem tacked on as an after thought/or a chore but actually completes the song. Songs that have a personal meaning for her, but are universally understood. I think Crazy is a "catchy" song, but I feel absolutely NOTHING when I listen to it. I don't feel the pain she's singing about. The metaphors are so random that you almost have to study the lyrics to understand what they're going for. It's so try hard and all I can do is wish I was listening to Crazy by Gnarls Barkley. 

Ok Im just rambling. 

A truly emotive album is exactly what I feel like she has been missing for a long time now. She tried to bring that back with Rebel Heart but it the flow of the record was ruined by stupid tracks like SEX and Bitch Im Madonna.I am totally tired of the dance albums and get kinda mad about all the fans clamoring for another Confessions. It would be cool to see Madonna come up with something truly deep and personal but without being a bore, something that Ray of Light achieved perfectly, I enjoyed Madame X but it was much too experimental to be a big chart success. I feel like Madonna and her team are doing a very good job right now of promotion and keeping her in the public eye and dont want to see opportunities for a hit fucked up by incompetent promotion from her label, poor lead single choice and messy collaborations. Another thing is that the quality of her music should never be judged on chart success as that is often dictated by an artists current popularity rather than actual quality, Ed Sheeran could come up with the worst crap imaginable and it would still be a hit, surely that recent abomination by him and Elton John has shown us that. OK, I am done with my rant now.

50ft Queenie

50ft Queenie

Ok Im just rambling. 

A truly emotive album is exactly what I feel like she has been missing for a long time now. She tried to bring that back with Rebel Heart but it the flow of the record was ruined by stupid tracks like SEX and Bitch Im Madonna.I am totally tired of the dance albums and get kinda mad about all the fans clamoring for another Confessions. It would be cool to see Madonna come up with something truly deep and personal but without being a bore, something that Ray of Light achieved perfectly, I enjoyed Madame X but it was much too experimental to be a big chart success. I feel like Madonna and her team are doing a very good job right now of promotion and keeping her in the public eye and dont want to see opportunities for a hit fucked up by incompetent promotion from her label, poor lead single choice and messy collaborations.

Important Information

Terms of Use