Incongruity at its finest: the Celebration video in 240p.

9 hours ago, Starchild said:

The original version is a piece of shite.

Benassi all the way, and M clearly agrees.

I like the Benassi mix, I just prefer the original.

Had M preferred it, she would have scrapped Oakenfolds production and released Benassi’s as the original version.

2 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

I like the Benassi mix, I just prefer the original.

Had M preferred it, she would have scrapped Oakenfolds production and released Benassi’s as the original version.

Maybe Benassi's remix arrived too late for the album and the whole send to radios, etc.? It was definitely her fave version cause she went straight to it with the video, completely skipping the album version. :Madonna009: And of course she ended the "MDNA Tour" with it.

Surely she liked the original but when the remix arrived she liked it even more?

Gotta say I didn't like the remix back in 2009 and preferred the album version... silly me. It slaps hard. I love it now, of course, though I like the original as well. It's like the original is the daytime version and the remix the dirty night time one. :Madonna003:

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Maybe Benassi's remix arrived too late for the album and the whole send to radios, etc.? It was definitely her fave version cause she went straight to it with the video, completely skipping the album version.

Just a reminder. "Celebration (Deluxe Version)" on TIDAL has both versions (Benassi's remix as bonus track). 

8Xzbc7d.jpg

6 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Just a reminder. "Celebration (Deluxe Version)" on TIDAL has both versions (Benassi's remix as bonus track). 

8Xzbc7d.jpg

Yep, it was added to the digital Deluxe album since day 1, at least on iTunes. I think the remix and "It's So Cool" were iTunes exclusives for a while and later the 38-track version was the digital Deluxe everywhere.

What I meant is that M. probably finished the album version with Oakenfold in March 2009 and they decided to go with it and give it the full single treatment but when the remixes arrived she liked Benassi so much that decided to do the video with it and put it as a bonus on the digital. The compilation physicals were probably already printed/pressed or in the process of doing that.

The "Celebration" single (original version) was premiered in July 2009 and the video filmed the same month. Question is if she used the album version for the filming and it was later changed to the remix on editing or it was the remix for the video since the beginning.